My website is now active!

This is the forum to discuss non-footbag movies, TV, music, videogames, and art.
Paul Agostinelli
Egyptian Footgod

My website is now active!

Post by Paul Agostinelli » 30 Nov 2009 13:10

hey guys, my portfolio page/ blog is now active at

http://paulagostinelli.com

there is already a bunch of work up and i'd say there will be at least double what is there within the next week so keep checking back!

id really appreciate any thoughts you guys have on the work if you're comfortable, otherwise just enjoy!
Precisely Mos Eisley

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 03 Dec 2009 20:38

Your senior thesis felt like a really free exploration of an idea. I liked the presentation a lot. Is this room/building something you found abandoned, did you rent it, or what?

I think instead of the masking tape/spray paint combination it may have been more effective to just write with the spray paint. The lines (due to the masking tape) feel too clean, and perhaps too small.

A lot of your work felt very informally modern and it was refreshing.

Thanks for posting this.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Paul Agostinelli
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Paul Agostinelli » 10 Dec 2009 02:27

thanks for the comment zac! (i dont know how i didnt notice it earlier :oops: )

re your comments,

the building is an industrial space with offices/apartments/industrial workspaces. the gallery is on the ground floor and it is rent-able to anyone. myself and 3 others rented it for our thesis exhibition. 4 very different artists but it worked.

i had considered just writing with the spray paint, but i better liked the idea of using helevetica because of the connotations it has with transportation, one way signs specifically are written in this font normally. I chose the size i did because i wanted the detail to be subtle. I also thought about the cleanliness of the lines and found that reversing the normal stencil allowed for softer lines where the spray paint just tapers off.

thanks again, i really appreciate your input!
Precisely Mos Eisley