Team Fortress 2

This is the forum to discuss non-footbag movies, TV, music, videogames, and art.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Team Fortress 2

Post by C-Fan » 21 Mar 2014 14:41

C-Fan wrote:
:arrow: Collector's Professional Spycicle (emerald firehorns)

My hope is that I can sell the spycicle for an unusual, but that may be hard. We'll see. If I can turn the spycicle into keys or an unusual, I'll be very happy with the trade. .
I finally finally traded the collector pro spycicle. Man, that was insanely hard to trade...had to work for it.

I ended up trading 6 keys, a white bills hat, the spycicle, Left4Dead2 (which I bought for $5), and another free game I got. In return I got back a haunted ghosts mongolian. Thats one of my favorite effects, but one of the ugliest Heavy hats in my opinion. But I still liked it because it allows my eyes to be seen when I get killstreaks. The aces hong kong cone kind of hides the heavy's eyes, so I really wanted another heavy unusual so I could get a double unusual effect and the pro ks eyes. I felt like I was overpaying for the mongolian, but I did it just to get rid of the damn spycicle.

The story has a happy ending though. The next night, I managed to trade the ghosts mongolian 1:1 for an aces high tough guy's toque! I think the effect is a slight downgrade, but the base hat is a huge upgrade in my opinion. Combined with the fact that my unusual misc is blizzardy, it looks great:

So now I feel set with my unusuals. I have an all-class that actually looks good on all classes, I have a multiclass that looks amazing on 3 classes, and I have a double unusual for my main class. Now if Steam would just fix matchmaking in MVM, I'd be completely happy.

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 23 Mar 2014 14:26

they almost fixed it complety, you should be happy :D

i had an idea about the pun for the pan ... i'd like to get something like "so PANnoying" or something like that, i also tought about "OPan"

have any ideas ?
Julien Cote

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.kolosport.com

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 25 Mar 2014 12:09

How to kill the 5th wave boss of Metro with fall damage :D

Julien Cote

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 26 Mar 2014 19:03

i just finished my 44th tour ... GOT MY FIRST AUSTRALIUM !!!!!!!!!!!!! flame thrower !!!

i'd prefer a scattergun, but I FINALLY HAVE ONE !!!

already on the market, you can buy it for 56 $ :)
Julien Cote

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 27 Mar 2014 06:18

Yeah man! So happy for you! Also stoked you got a decent aussie, and not like a frontier justice or tomislav or some crap. I know you're planning on selling it rather than using it, but that still means you can fetch a better price.

Congrats again!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 02 Apr 2014 06:25

2 new crates dropped last night. One of them has a strangifier for the Private Eye. I definitely want to get that to strangify my disco beat down private eye. Gonna wait til the price drops some first.

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 02 Apr 2014 13:21

a strange unusual would be so great !!!

i'm so glad they put all strange weapons marketable !!!! i got rid of plenty of totally useless weapons i had and i managed to buy the last strange part needed for my scattergun, i'll end my 2 last tours to see if i get an australium scattergun, if i don't i'll put my pro kit with the damage dealt, domination and point blank kills strange parts on it :D

i even sold a strange neon shit and i got 0.21$ from it. if you think that i got it from scrap.tf for one single weapon, that's great :D

let's do some math

ToD are 3.3ref = (3 x 18)+(3 x 2) = 70 weapons = 1$
1/70= 0.014$ per weapon

21/0.014 = 1500% profit :D . but it's just 0.21$ ... :-/
Julien Cote

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 02 Apr 2014 17:09

For real! Makes it a lot easier to trade, since stranges are exchanged so much.

Tonight I completed my 19th tour of 2Cities. Didn't get any good loot, but I did finally accomplish the achievement for not losing a gate in Mannhattan. Nice.

Been monitoring the price for Private Eye Strangifiers on the market, and they keep dropping. Gonna wait a little more before I pick one up.

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 03 Apr 2014 04:17

you didn't do that achievement at the mission i made with you and i dropped at wave 6 ???????????
Julien Cote

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 03 Apr 2014 14:35

it wasn't the strange neon shitty thing, it was a strange lollipop :-/. but still :D
Julien Cote

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 04 Apr 2014 06:24

akalazou wrote:you didn't do that achievement at the mission i made with you and i dropped at wave 6 ???????????
Right, so... once you left, there were only 5 of us. I wanted to wait for a 6th, but everybody else wanted to just do it with 5 people. I agreed to do this, on the condition that we'd restart the wave if we lost any gates. Sure enough, we lost A gate, at which point I stopped doing anything useful, and asked everybody else throw the wave. They didn't. So even though they only had 4 people trying to win, they managed to pull it off, and I didn't quit in time to save my ticket either. So no achievement, and I burned a ticket too. :(

I've been monitoring the price of Private Eye strangifiers on the market, and they're still dropping. It was over $3 a couple days ago, and today I saw one for $1.57. I figure people are uncrating them, but not that many people have that hat or want it, so the price should continue to drop. The longer I wait, the more of my Steam wallet money I save.

Speaking of the market, I'm very curious to see what happens to the value of some stranges, now that you can market them. One example: market gardeners are listed at 2-2.33 refined...but people are selling them on the market for like 30 cents. I'm guessing that the backpack price will have to trend down to reflect the actual money price on the market. In other words, now that its easier to buy and sell stranges, I would assume the price of many of the more obscure ones will have to come down as well.

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 05 Apr 2014 05:33

i agree with you on the private eye :) i know you never rush anything.. the cheapest sold was 0.69$ :-/ and it's at 2$ right now.

that's "sad" that you couldn't get your achievement :-/ The quotes are there because i think it's awesome that my friends can do it at 4 people :D ... and i was carrying them :roll: at least, now you have it :)

i finished my 50th tour. nothing happened :( i currently have 4.19$ it's my wallet and have one regualer kit (flame thrower) and 1 spec kit (iron curtain) (i sold my loose cannon kit while i'm typing this message, weeeeeeeeeeeeee) so i can get another 4.60$ from the market (+8$ if you consider my silver BK spec scattergun). i'll be good for 2 more tours :D

i think i'll delete my badge again and take bets in game to get more tickets :D. i just changed my demo load out to look someone who doesn't play mvm :D (Loch-n-load, default sticky, gan ham + some cosmetics)

and finally, i built the pro scattergun the way i said before .. :( no australium :cry:
Julien Cote

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 05 Apr 2014 21:39

akalazou wrote:i agree with you on the private eye :) i know you never rush anything.. the cheapest sold was 0.69$ :-/ and it's at 2$ right now.
Sucked it up and bought one for $1.15 tonight. I'm guessing it'll drop more in the future, but $1.15 felt like a decent price for this early on, and I wanted it.

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 07 Apr 2014 08:07

COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! does it get a lot more value or just that dollar ?

i had an idea yesturday (since i stayed in bed for 17 hours, stupid fever !!!!!)

since we put our stranges count in here, why don't we put our "best mvm moments" ? so, here are mine

most points: 1081 (as demoman)
most kills: 288 (as demoman) (that's weird caus i had a killstreak of 303 :-/ )
most assists: 174 (as pyro) (when there was a full uber exploit. so that was by cheating)
most defenses: 35 (as engy)
most damage: 164989 (as demoman) :twisted:
longest life: 36:12 (as pyro) (still cheating)
most healing: 8583 (as medic) (i'm soooo bad at medic)
most invulns: 7 (as medic)
most kills by sentry: 119 (as engy) (duh)
most teleports: 30 (as engy) (duh)
most headshots: 23 (as sniper)
most backstabs: 22 (as spy) (duh)

what are yours ?
Julien Cote

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Apr 2014 07:45

akalazou wrote:COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! does it get a lot more value or just that dollar ?
Oh man, no idea. I love my disco beat down PE, so I don't think I'd ever sell it. I just thought it'd be fun to strangify it, since I never wear anything else when I demo/medic/spy. Last night I put a couple parts on it too: taunt appearances and fires survived. Haven't had a chance to level those up yet though.

akalazou wrote: most damage: 164989 (as demoman) :twisted:
That's crazy.

I need to look up my scores. I'm pretty sure that spy/sniper ones are pathetically low, since half the time I tried to play either of those classes the team kicked me before I played a round. :lol: Pretty sure most of my records are as Engie though, all on Mannhattan. They just made it too easy to avoid sentry busters at the first point. I'll try and dig up my scores and post them soon.

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Re: Re:

Post by akalazou » 25 May 2014 13:48

i didn't see any update since 3 or 4 pages :-/ i had to make one

Scout:
:arrow: Positively Inhumane Professional Killstreak Scattergun - Kills: 865
(Damage Dealt: 201227)
(Dominations: 41)
(Point Blank Kills: 41)
:arrow: Rage-Inducing Professional Killstreak Pistol - Kills: 2401
:arrow: Hale's Own Professional Killstreak Sandman- Kills: 9114
(Heavies Killed: 401)
(Cloaked Spies Killed: 220)
:arrow: Server-Clearing Professional Killstreak Frying Pan - Kills: 2701
(Snipers Killed: 686)
(Giant Robots Destroyed: 219) :twisted:
(Kills Under A Full Moon: 97)
:arrow: Mann Co. Select Bonk Boy - Points Scored: 10954

Sniper:
:arrow: Server-Clearing Carbonado Botkiller Sniper Rifle Mk.I - Kills: 4553
:arrow: Server-Clearing Jar Based Karate - Sodden Victims: 4032
:arrow: Face-Melting Bushwacka - Kills: 1259

Soldier:
:arrow: Hale's Own Specialized Killstreak Black Box - Kills: 14134
(Gib Kills: 5757)
(Heavies Killed: 281)
:arrow: Wicked Nasty Specialized Killstreak Australium Black Box - Kills: 688
(Damage Dealt: 185056)
(Dominations: 43)
(Airborne Enemy Kills: 164)
:arrow: Australian Specialized Killstreak Diamond Botkiller Rocket Launcher Mk.I - Kills: 8372
(Airborne Enemy Kills: 1059)
(Kills While Explosive-Jumping: 26)
:arrow: Rage-Inducing Specialized Killstreak Shotgun - Kills: 1747
:arrow: Uncharitable Professional Killstreak Disciplinary Action - Kills: 103
(Teammates Whipped: 6446)
:arrow: Australian Fancy Dress Uniform - Points Scored: 9236

Demo:
:arrow: Scarcely Lethal Specialized Killstreak Stickybomb Launcher - Kills: 25
(Giant Robots Destroyed: 1146)

Engy:
:arrow: Gore-Spattered Specialized Killstreak Carbonado Botkiller Wrench Mk.I - Sentry Kills: 483
(Kills: 97)

akalazou wrote:Scout:
:arrow: Hale's Own Silver Botkiller Scattergun Mk.I - Kills: 9552
:arrow: Face-Melting Pistol - Kills: 1342
:arrow: Hale's Own Sandmant - Kills: 8790 (Heavies Killed: 383) (Cloaked Spies Killed: 209)
:arrow: Positively Inhumane Frying Pan - Kills: 771 (Snipers Killed: 183)

Sniper:
:arrow: Server-Clearing Carbonado Botkiller Sniper Rifle Mk.I - Kills: 4105
:arrow: Server-Clearing Jar Based Karate - Sodden Victims: 3696
:arrow: Face-Melting Bushwacka - Kills: 1126

Soldier:
:arrow: Hale's Own Black Box - Kills: 13014 (Gib Kills: 4794) (Heavies Killed: 253)
:arrow: Epic Diamond Botkiller Rocket Launcher Mk.I - Kills: 5021 (Airborne Enemy Kills: 363)
:arrow: Face-Melting Shotgun - Kills: 1087
:arrow:Truly Feared Escape Plan - Kills: 250
:arrow: Glamorous Fancy Dress Uniform - Points Scored: 1233

Demo:
:arrow: Gore-Spattered Gold Botkiller Stickybomb Launcher Mk.I - Kills: 445
:arrow: Unremarkable Bottle - Kills: 14

Medic:
:arrow: Somewhat Threatening Syringe Gun - Kills: 86
:arrow: Uncharitable Ubersaw - Kills: 119

Heavy:
:arrow: Sufficiently Lethal Diamond Botkiller Minigun Mk.I - Kills: 202
:arrow: Strange Gloves of Running Urgently - Kills: 6
:arrow: Dapper Toss-Proof Towel - Points Scored: 221

Pyro:
:arrow: Strange Carbonado Botkiller Flame Thrower Mk.I- Kills: 1
:arrow: Mildly Menacing Axtinguisher - Kills: 57

Spy:
:arrow: Unremarkable Diamondback - Kills: 16

Engy:
:arrow: Gore-Spattered Carbonado Botkiller Wrench Mk.IGore-Spattered Wrench - Sentry Kills: 452 (Kills: 97)
And now, update about my killstreak weapons:

Pros:
Scattergun: mean green - fire horn
Pistol: hot rod - incinerator
Flying guillotine: manndarin - fire horn
strange sandman: hot rod - flames
Collector's sandman: team shine - tornado
Pan: hot rod - fire horn
Whip: manndarin - singularity
Black rose: violet - celebral discharge
Fan o'war: violet - hypno beam
bison (yes, really :-/ ) : team shine - tornado
shortstop: daffodil - hypno beam
ham: team shine - fire horn

Specs:
strange black box: emerald
australium black box: violet
diamond rocket launcher: hot rod
shotgun: manndarin
festive grenade launcher: violet
stickybomb: hot rod
iron curtain: manndarin
strange rainblower renamed "Strange Killstreak Australium Rainblower'': team shine
carbon wrench: daffodil

i'm currently working on a pro ham, celebral discharge - emerald. i'll probably trade it for another ham, team shine - singurarity
Julien Cote

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 May 2014 07:09

Heavy Counts:

:arrow: Hale's Own Professional Minigun: 15402 kills, 1366 dominations, 500 ubered kills, 18176 robots killed
:arrow: Mann Co Select Toss Proof Towel: 10715 points, 170 fires survived, 187 freezecam taunts
:arrow: Rage inducing Specialized Natascha: 1890 kills, 262 pyros killed, 223 soldiers killed
:arrow: Level 81 Vintage Sandvich
:arrow: Notably Dangerous GRU: 148 kills

Headwear: blizzardy luchador, aces high toque

Sniper Counts

:arrow: Posh Villain's Veil: 1941 points, 72 freezecam taunts
:arrow: Positively inhumane huntsman: 772 kills, 275 headshots, 49 dominations, 59 demomen
:arrow: Face melting sydney sleeper: 1105 kills, 487 snipers killed, 95 airborne kills
:arrow: Face melting sniper rifle: 1044 kills
:arrow: Face melting jarate: 1418 soaks
:arrow: Notably dangerous Bushwacka: 148 kills

Headwear: aces high hong kong cone

Demoman Counts

:arrow: Fashionable Unusual DBD Private Eye: 938 points, 123 fires survived, 18 freezecam taunts
:arrow: Positively inhumane Grenade Launcher: 865 kills
:arrow: Epic Stickylauncher: 6341 kills, 313 defenders killed, 591 critical kills, 538 demomen killed
:arrow: MVM Sticky launcher: 5061 robots killed, 185 Giant robots killed, 49 tanks
:arrow: Uncharitable bottle: 128 kills
:arrow: Somewhat threatening eyelander: 86 heads
:arrow: Wicked nasty skullcutter: 670 kills

Headwear: Disco Beat Down Private Eye

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Aug 2014 05:13

Been working the unusual trades pretty hard lately. About a week ago I traded keys and hats to get a Strange Cloud 9 Trashman for Heavy, which made my aces high toque expendable. I spent the past week shopping the toque, and yesterday I managed to do this trade:

I gave up:
:arrow: Aces high toque (nice hat, low effect)
:arrow: Blizzardy luchador (nice misc, medium effect)

and I received:

:arrow: Green energy Eliminator's Safeguard

Pretty stoked about this. The base hat is the coolest Heavy hat I've had, and the effect is visible, fairly high tier, and generation 1. Its also pretty unique, considering you don't often see generation 1 effects on recent hats. The other cool thing about this hat, is that its possible to make it strange. Unfortunately the strangifier for it is pretty rare, but I feel optimistic I'll be able to get one.

Now my problem is that my cloud 9 trashman is redundant, and also that I don't have a double effect on my heavy anymore. So the plan is to try and sell the trashman for pure and then acquire another luchador, or trade the trashman straight up for a luchador if I can. Either way, I feel good about where I am. Hopefully with a little more hustling I can get rid of my redundant Heavy hat, and with a little luck get another double effect on my heavy.

I'll try and upload some pics this weekend.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 30 Oct 2014 07:21

New TF2 Halloween Updated started yesterday. Impressions?

:arrow: The primary map is a re-skin of Doomsday, which is itself a map I was never that impressed with. I definitely like the previous halloween maps more.
:arrow: The afterworld carnival games aren't that much fun. The bumper car controls just feel really loose. If there weren't achievements tied to them, I don't know that I'd even play them.
:arrow: Are there new halloween unusual effects this year? I haven't seen any.
:arrow: I like the idea of strange halloween items. It incentivizes people to use their halloween items during the event.
:arrow: On a related note, I like that (similar to xmas) they gave everybody a gift package with untradable items. Again, it forces people to use and enjoy their items, rather than worry about trading/profiting from them. For some reason I got 2 gift packages...not sure if that's standard, but I appreciated it.
:arrow: In one of my gift bundles, I got a strange haunted all class misc! Ghost of spies checked past. It only counts stats on the Doomsday reskin, but I was stoked to get a strange haunted all class misc as one of my items.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 30 Oct 2014 17:33

C-Fan wrote: :arrow: Are there new halloween unusual effects this year? I haven't seen any.
Found effects:
Bonzo: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=333759546
Stare from Beyond: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=333760088
Haunted Jr: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=333760536
Armanthine: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=333761029
Ooze: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=333761861

Honestly, other than the Bonzo one, they all look pretty shitty to me. I was a bigger fan of the arcana/spellbound from last year, and much more of a fan of the cloud/moon effects from the year before. I've been unboxing during the event to try and get an unusual, but now I feel less motivated because of the poor quality of these effects.