Team Fortress 2

This is the forum to discuss non-footbag movies, TV, music, videogames, and art.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Team Fortress 2

Post by C-Fan » 11 Nov 2014 07:13

Traded my way up to 19 keys recently. Yesterday, I spent 16 keys to get a Disco Beatdown Jumper Jeepcap (backpack value is 2 buds). I sold it a few hours later for 25 keys. Was pretty proud I turned 16 keys into 25 in a few hours. Now I have 29 pure keys...hoping to eventually get a Secret to Everybody Heavy hat. I think that's my end goal with unusuals.

Halloween ends tomorrow. I thought this year's halloween map was shitty, the bumper cars were lame, and the halloween effects were the worst I've ever seen. That said, I liked how they set up the gift drops. I was able to put paint/effects on basically everything I wanted, and I was able to profit a good bit off of trades. Hopefully next Halloween has better effects/map, but they keep the gift drop system the same.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 14 Nov 2014 09:22

Used 26 of those keys to buy a Ghastly Ghosts Jr. Ol Geezer hat for Engie. Kept it for about 20 hours before selling it for 2 buds pure. Buds are about 15 keys now, and I sold the buds for 15.2 keys each, so roughly 4.4 key profit.

I then bought a Cloud 9 Noble Amassment for 31 keys pure. Backpack has it at 3.1 buds, so felt like a safe investment, but I've been having trouble trading/selling it.

I'm hoping I can package the C9 Noble with either of my Heavy unusuals for the Secret to Everybody Tough Guy Toque that I'm after, or I can sell some for pure, and just buy it outright.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Nov 2014 08:21

C-Fan wrote: I then bought a Cloud 9 Noble Amassment for 31 keys pure. Backpack has it at 3.1 buds, so felt like a safe investment, but I've been having trouble trading/selling it.
I didn't like having 2 all-class unusuals, and I was having a lot of trouble selling the Cloud 9, even at a discount (like 2.2 buds). I decided to trade it for a hat I would actually use, so I was pretty happy when I did this trade:

I gave: Cloud 9 Noble Amassment of Hats
I received: Haunted Ghosts Hot Rod, plus 2 craft hats

Technically the hat I received is worth half a bud less, but I really had the impression the C9 Noble was overvalued. Plus, I traded a 3rd gen effect for a high 1st gen effect, so I was pretty happy about that.

So my current unusual line up is:

:arrow: Heavy- Green Energy Eliminator Safeguard and Planets Luchadore
:arrow: Demo/Medic/Spy- Disco Beat Down Private Eye
:arrow: Engie- Haunted Ghosts Hot Rod
:arrow: Scout/Pyro/Soldier/Sniper- Stormy Storm Brown Bomber

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Dec 2014 20:19

New unusual effects! And they look WAY better than the crappy halloween ones from this year:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/to ... l-effects/

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 12 Dec 2014 06:48

Couple screenshots of my unusuals, for posterity:

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 17 Dec 2014 08:04

Been keeping busy on the unusual trading front. I've found a guy who pays me in keys for building up specialized KS kits, so that's created a steady stream of keys for me which has helped grease several trades.

I won't recap all the trades I did since my last post. Instead I'll just recap what I gave up and what I gained, and where I'm at now.

Items I gave up since my last post:
:arrow: Planets luchadore. I liked having a double effect on heavy, and it looked cool, but it was also a duped hat. When I got the chance to trade it for a non-duped hat of equal value, I felt I had to.
:arrow: 16 keys

Items I gained:
:arrow: Haunted ghosts Ol' Snaggletooth, clean. The way I look at it, I gave up a duped 1.5 bud 2nd generation unusual and just over a bud worth of keys to get a 3 bud, 1st gen unusual for one of my main classes. Feel like that was a good trade.

So my current unusual line up is:

:arrow: Heavy- Green Energy Eliminator Safeguard
:arrow: Demo/Medic/Spy- Disco Beat Down Private Eye
:arrow: Engie- Haunted Ghosts Hot Rod
:arrow: Sniper- Haunted Ghosts Ol' Snaggletooth
:arrow: Scout/Pyro/Soldier- Stormy Storm Brown Bomber

Pretty happy that all my main classes have their own unusuals. I don't play much scout/pyro/soldier, so having one (nice) all class for them to share feels good. At this stage I have 17 keys, and should have 24 keys by the end of the week. I'm still trying to get a Secret to Everybody Heavy hat, but if I can't I can probably use my keys to get a clean unusual Luchadore to get a double effect again for Heavy.

I'll try and post a pic of the Ghosts Snaggletooth next time.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 24 Dec 2014 14:41

C-Fan wrote:...hoping to eventually get a Secret to Everybody Heavy hat. I think that's my end goal with unusuals..
Goal achieved! Secret to Everybody has long been my favorite unusual effect, and since I main Heavy I wanted a hat with that effect. Unfortunately, I find most Heavy hats ugly, so the combination of looking for a nice base Heavy hat combined with a rare Halloween effect made it really hard to find an ideal hat. Over the past year the only nice base hats with Secret effect I saw were 2 Toques, but I couldn't make a deal with past owners, and eventually one of the toques ended up being duped. In the past month though, a bunch of lucky events aligned in my favor:

-The clean Secret Toque was acquired by a new owner, who was more open to my offers involving a mix of keys and unusuals.
-I found a trade partner with a steady supply of keys, so I was able to build up my keys
-Steam implemented a policy where traders had to wait a week to trade keys they buy in the store
- The price of buds collapsed

The last two ended up being crucial. About a week ago I agreed to a deal for the Toque: my stormy Brown Bomber and 24 keys for the Toque. I only had 17 keys on hand, but I had made a deal for 7 more keys in the works. If Steam hadn't implemented their policy, I would have had the 24 keys immediately and done the deal at that price. Thankfully, I had to wait, and since bud prices fell so much, I was able to renegotiate my trade for the Toque so I only paid the Bomber and 17 keys. So now I'll still get the 7 keys tomorrow, but I can spend that on other stuff instead!

Anyway, here are two pictures of the Toque. It's hard to get good screen shots of it, because by the time a taunt ends, the moon hasn't yet had time to turn into the skull. I'll get a taunt next week that allows me to hold a pose longer, so I can take screenies of the effect at various stages. In the meantime here's a shot of the toque on a halloween server (it has sinister staining paint spell):

And here's a shot of the toque with its normal paint (slate) when I have a killstreak going:

I think I'll be able to get enough keys soon to reacquire my planets luchadore, so I might have the planets orbiting the Secret Moon shortly. Nice way to close out my TF2 2014!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 01 Jan 2015 09:26

Well, the Green Energy Eliminator Safeguard was a great hat, but after I got the Secret Toque it became expendable. I traded it plus 7 keys to get a black, spellbound respectless rubber glove for pyro:

I also picked up an Apparition's Aspect, since it accentuates the effect on the hat. So now I have 2 Halloween unusuals with nice effects, and I'm going to try and Strangify the aspect to motivate me to play more pyro too.

So on the first day of 2015, my unsuals are:

:arrow: Heavy: Secret to Everybody Tough Guy Toque
:arrow: Pyro: Spellbound Rubber Glove
:arrow: Engie: Ghosts Hot Rod
:arrow: Sniper: Ghosts Snaggletooth
:arrow: Demo/Medic/Spy: Disco Beat Down Private Eye

Think I'm going to build up my key stock again in the new year and see if I can't acquire a planets luchadore again, for a double effect on Heavy.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 09 Jan 2015 18:28

Traded my ghosts snaggletooth plus 7 keys for a clean, 2 person history, vivid plasma luchadore. So now my main class has a double effect, which is a gen 1 and the best halloween effect, and they compliment each other nicely. Will post a better screen shot when I get a pro effect going at the same time.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Jan 2015 10:38

Snapshot of my Heavy loadout right now:

:arrow: Hale's Own Professional Minigun: 19000 kills, 639 kills while ubered, 1670 dominations, 19300 robots destroyed
:arrow: Rage Inducing Specialized Natascha: 2134 kills, 313 pyros killed, 260 soldiers killed
:arrow: Vintage Lvl 81 Sandvich
:arrow: Sufficiently Lethal GRU: 213 kills

:arrow: Secret to Everybody Toque
:arrow: Vivid Plasma Luchadore
:arrow: Mannceaux Signature Collection Toss Proof towel. 15,245 points, 272 taunt appearances, 605 fires survived.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 16 Jan 2015 08:43

Me and my spirit animal:

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Feb 2015 18:05

Got this gun for about 3.5 keys:

Will probably sell it, but its been fun messing around with it a bit today. Wish there were more gold visible from the first person perspective when using it. Feel pretty conspicuous using it with the double unusual.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 23 Feb 2015 07:02

Sold it for 10 keys and 10.66 refined. It was fun to mess around with, but definitely felt less efficient than my stock minigun, and my stock minigun gives pro effects.

I'm at 15 keys and 15 ref now, plus $6 in my Steam wallet. I think my plan now is to build up to around 20 keys, then make a play at a low-mid tier gen 1 unusual for sniper.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 03 Mar 2015 16:34

Traded 3.5 keys for a strange pro liberty launcher with mean grean fire horns, with robots destroyed and bldgs destroyed. Also has some nice halloween spells: exorcism, pumpkin bombs, and halloween kills.

So now I have a nice MVM wep for soldier, and its also been fun in normal games. Wish it did more damage, but it works OK and I like the parts on it a lot. Not bad price for getting fire horns effect and robots destroyed part.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 06 Mar 2015 22:45

Traded the spellbound glove 1:1 for a clean Max Head, painted noble violet. The way I see it, I went from having a cool unusual for pyro (just one class) to having a cool misc for all classes. Really enjoying it so far.

Some pics of it with my unusuals and KS effects:

In a week I'll be getting some more keys in a trade, which would put me at 14 keys pure and like 20 refined. Not sure what I'll do with that. I'm thinking either a cheap sniper unusual, or maybe try and get a pro kit for my sticky launcher. We'll see when I get there.

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 30 Mar 2015 18:45

it's been so long !!!!!! i kinda forgot about this thread

i see that you've been really busy with trades in the past few months. That's awesome

On my part, i've stopped playing mann up. only 3 aussies in 137 two cities tours

44th - flame thrower, traded for the pro ks pan kit or fab, it just came out so i overpaid :-/
71rst - force-a-nature, traded for keys to get my aussy black box
around 120th - sniper rifle, traded for keys to get my aussy scattergun

i also unboxed a frostbite metalic glove hat for the pyro, i traded it for 2 buds and got a aces high exquisite rack for it

so that's what my soldier looks like:
http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc ... A8C257653/
and this is my scout:
http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc ... A8C257653/

i'm pretty glad of my sets,

so right now, i'm working on my pan and my scattergun

pan stats:
Strange Professional Killstreak Frying Pan - Kills: 4946
(Snipers Killed: 1283)
(Giant Robots Destroyed: 786) <-------------- hella fun to go demopan in botbash
(Kills Under A Full Moon: 277) <-- i think i should delete that
Halloween: Exorcism (spell only active during event)
Killstreaker: Fire Horns
Sheen: Hot Rod

scattergun:
Strange Professional Killstreak Australium Scattergun - Kills: 2005
(Damage Dealt: 460278) = 229 dmg per kill
(Dominations: 113) = domination every 17 kills
Sheen: Team Shine

i finished to farm my aussy blackbox but i love it sooooooo much !!!!:

''Made in China box'' - Kills: 14208
(Damage Dealt: 3828230) = 269 dmg per kill
(Dominations: 1026) = a domination every 13.8 kills
(Airborne Enemy Kills: 2980) = 21% of my kills, starting to get ok/good at airshots :D
Halloween: Pumpkin Bombs (spell only active during event)
Sheen: Villainous Violet

i still can't wait to get a hale's own pan :D
Julien Cote

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.kolosport.com

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 01 Apr 2015 14:15

Missed you in here Julien!

:arrow: Interesting you quit MVM, but I totally get it. I've done 22 tours, and the only good thing I ever got was a pro kit for minigun. At least you got a few aussies in your tours, but yeah, I understand why you feel done with it. I still enjoy playing Mannhattan, but I always quit on the final wave to preserve my ticket.

:arrow: I had a lot of robot parts, so I burned most of them by building a pro kit for sydney sleeper. Emerald sheen, and fire horns, on a wep I can get killstreaks with. I haven't applied it yet though, since I'm seeing if I can sell it first. If I can, great. If I can't, then I'll just use it myself.

:arrow: A couple weeks ago I spent 14.5 keys to get a clean, black painted, orbiting planets yellow belt for sniper. It's a misc, so I can wear any hat I want and have the planets going, which is neat.

:arrow: Price of buds crashed super hard (you can basically get buds for 6 keys now), which really impacted the unusual market for a while there. It never made sense to me to tie the price of unusuals to buds, when keys and TOD are the only items that are really tied to money. I mean, buds dont even give you the chance to unbox an unusual, so I never understood why the economy was pinned to them. Thankfully, I didn't panic-sell any of my unusuals, and Backpack.tf has tried to patch the economy by re-pricing all the unusuals. Its weird though, seeing some of my hats that were 2 buds a week ago, are now 4 buds. I just hope they re-price it all in keys one day.

:arrow: I'm pretty happy where I'm at with unusuals at the moment. I guess if I see an all-class I like, I'd consider trading the Max head for it, but its not something I'm actively pursuing.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 05 Apr 2015 07:55

Small personal milestone: I brought my second weapon up to Hale's Own! It's a bit crazy that my minigun had over 20K kills on it before I got any other wep to Hale's Own (8500), but at least I finally did.

Current demoman stats:

:arrow: Australian DIsco Beat Down Private Eye- 9004 points, 104 taunts, 1013 fires survived
:arrow: Rage Inducing Grenade Launcher- 1636 kills
:arrow: Hale's Own Killstreak Stickybomb Launcher- 8573 kills, 833 demomen killed, 912 critical kills, 474 defenders killed
:arrow: Sufficiently lethal bottle- 179 kills

My next closest wep to Hale's Own is my degreaser, which is still over 3000 kills away, lol. :lol:

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 01 May 2015 12:22

C-Fan wrote: :arrow: I'm pretty happy where I'm at with unusuals at the moment. I guess if I see an all-class I like, I'd consider trading the Max head for it, but its not something I'm actively pursuing.
I ended up getting an all-class I like, but I didn't use my Max to get it. I saw a clean Disco Beat Down Brown Bomber, and decided to offer on it. The Brown Bomber is my second favorite all class hat (after the Crone's Dome), and DBD is one of my favorite effects. That said, I didn't like the idea of having a DBD Private Eye AND a DBD Brown Bomber, so I included my Private Eye in the deal. I ended up trading my DBD Private Eye (9000+ points), and my planets yellow belt for it. So technically a slight overpay, but not by much. So now I can do the DBD Max head look on all of my classes, which is pretty cool.

My current unusual loadouts are:

:arrow: Engie: Ghosts Hot Rod
:arrow: Heavy: Plasma Luchador, Secret to Everybody Toque
:arrow: Everybody else: DBD Brown Bomber, Max head.

I'm overall pretty happy with these loadouts. Its definitely nice having all my classes have an unusual, and all where the hat and the effect are both ones I like. That said, I do kind of miss having a variety of effects between classes. I'm therefore thinking about getting another Unusual Private Eye, by trading the luchador or max or maybe both. I like the Private Eye because Demo and Medic are classes I play a lot, and also because you can strangify it. I think my top 4 classes in the game atm are Heavy, Demo, Engie, Medic, so if I could get a Private Eye my top 4 would have different effects than the other 5 classes, who would share the Bomber.

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 01 May 2015 14:15

thats nice :)

btw, i thought about you the last time i saw monkey (my tf2 richest friend)

he only wore one unusual this time ... and a cool weapon

Julien Cote

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.kolosport.com