Dan talks to himself about the NBA playoff's

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 07 Jun 2009 20:18

Lamar Odom played really effectively on offense tonight. He's probably my favorite Laker so I'm really glad for him.

Defensively was another story. LO isn't a great perimeter defender so Lewis is going to have plenty of room to shoot. He did have 3 or 4 blocked shots though and probably gave just enough pressure to cause Courtney Lee to miss that alley oop. I liked the Laker's defense overall tonight I thought they stayed pretty active.

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 08 Jun 2009 05:57

missing that oop was inexcusable. That's not a hard shot for a pro (maybe not even for a good college player). In any case, the game was much more enjoyable than the first game. The Magic are for real, let's see how they react to adversity now that the series heads to FL. Jameer just ain't the same yet - man he's thrown some bonehead passes.
Bob R.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Jun 2009 06:19

Full disclosure: I dislike Kobe and I'm rooting against him.

That said, I thought Game 2 was much more entertaining than Game 1. Blowouts are always hard to watch. I'd rather win a close game than win in a blowout. I thought Game 2 was pretty thrilling, especially the last few minutes. Howard disrupting that pass, but Gasol getting it anyway and tying the game? Huge. Rashard and Kobe's clutch bankshots? Awesome. Turkoglu's block on Kobe? Super clean. And that Courtney Lee ally-oop...what a moment. I felt so bad for the rookie that it didn't go down. He was right on it.

Tough loss for the Magic, just because they were so there. If they had won Game 2, they'd be going home with homecourt advantage. Instead, they're going home down 2-0, which is a big hole for any team. At least they competed in this one.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 08 Jun 2009 12:11

Yeah even though the first quarter was super slow it was a pretty fun game to watch. One of those game's I love where Kobe is on the court and I forget he's even there.

bdams19
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by bdams19 » 08 Jun 2009 14:35

I missed last nights game due to the WEC fights but saw the last 8 seconds of regulation. I wish he made that shot... although on the bright side I can still probably nab him late as a sleeper pick in next years drafts lol
Brian Damato
My Blog
NYFA

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 08 Jun 2009 14:53

Urijah Faber is a man

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 09 Jun 2009 23:57

SERIES!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 11 Jun 2009 20:21

I officially declare the Finals over. Magic blew it.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 11 Jun 2009 23:05

Dwight Howard had a monster night. One block away from a triple double. That's crazy even to write.

As far as his free throws, he's your center, you can't always expect him to come up big from the line. Goes for any position actually; had Kobe not missed five last game it would've been a sweep. If anybody cost the Magic it was Lewis and his shocking 6 point game.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 12 Jun 2009 06:27

BainbridgeShred wrote:Dwight Howard had a monster night. One block away from a triple double. That's crazy even to write.
He was also 3 TOs away from a bad quadruple double (I remember Kidd had one of these once). I also recall the Finals game when it was the Spurs and the Nets, where Tim Duncan was 2 blocks away from a quadruple double. That was the most dominant finals performance I'd ever seen.
BainbridgeShred wrote: If anybody cost the Magic it was Lewis and his shocking 6 point game.
I disagree. I think the biggest culprits for the loss, in order:

1. Jameer for not fouling Fisher, or at least contesting the shot at the end of regulation. They're down 3 points...you can't give them that shot.
2. Turkoglu for missing several key free throws at the end of regulation. The guy is normally clutch, and also normally an 80% FT shooter. I can understand Dwight missing, but Hedo? That really cost them the game.
3. SVG for not playing Rafer Alston in the 4th. Really, this was inexplicable.

I'll probably watch the last game(s), but for all intents and purposes I am counting the Magic out of it. If they had played smarter, they could be up 3-1 now. While I think a lot of the outcomes of games are luck, the Magic's lack of experience really showed in this series.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 12 Jun 2009 11:13

1. Jameer for not fouling Fisher, or at least contesting the shot at the end of regulation. They're down 3 points...you can't give them that shot.
Naw, this wasn't Jameer's fault at all. They would've fouled in the back court but Kobe had his best play of the game in setting up a fastbreak with time winding down. By the time Jameer even could've fouled Fish it would've been three free-throw's. As soon as I saw the ball moving down the court from gold jersey to gold jersey I know someone was going to sink a three.
2. Turkoglu for missing several key free throws at the end of regulation. The guy is normally clutch, and also normally an 80% FT shooter. I can understand Dwight missing, but Hedo? That really cost them the game.
Well, in the same right the series would be over right now if Kobe hadn't fucked up the game before.
. SVG for not playing Rafer Alston in the 4th. Really, this was inexplicable.
Yeah probably, but Jameer played alrightin the fourth anyways. Van Gundy's excuse was that he had already been on the bench for ten minutes, and if Rafer isn't warmed up, he's probably going to come out and start jacking up comical three's every chance he get's. Atleast Jameer kept them in the game.

SHOWTIME

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 12 Jun 2009 11:19

Oh, and the Magic are still a pretty good team. But like it's been said on TV they just don't have anyone they can kill you with. Maybe Howard will develop into that.

All I know is that the Lakeshow is going to need better competetion for next year. Hopefully Cleaveland will make a big move and contend, but I really want the Celtic's so we can show them how it is to face a much improved Bynum and a Pau Gasol who didn't think he would be on the Grizzlie's for the rest of his career. This guy is a tank now! Oh and I almost forgot Trevor Ariza to reign three's over ugly ass House and Allen.

Oh, and also, every Laker had a "solid" (No better, no worse) performance last night, excluding Kobe. Every other player who got minutes shot around .500. I'd also like to show out my favorite cog in the triangle machine, LUKE WALTON! He's done exactly what was asked of him this series.

BRING ON THE CELTIC'S!

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 15 Jun 2009 11:15

WHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 18 Jun 2009 16:09

I've been on a pretty nice high since game 5, but really, I'm just glad all the players stayed healthy and no one got hurt bad enough to have to get pushed off the court in a wheelchair, necessary or otherwise.

FU-BO

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 18 Jun 2009 16:41

So who won?

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 18 Jun 2009 18:56

Jeremy wrote:So who won?
the lakers defeated the magic in five games

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 18 Jun 2009 20:45

What kind of mascot is a laker?

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 18 Jun 2009 20:55

Jeremy wrote:What kind of mascot is a laker?
it is not a mascot but a team name they used to play in minnesota "land of a thousand lakes" they then relocated to los angeles and kept the name

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 18 Jun 2009 21:17

So people who live around lots of lakes are called "lakers?"

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 18 Jun 2009 23:58

Jeremy wrote:So people who live around lots of lakes are called "lakers?"
team names in america often reflect the surrounding natural world miami's baseball team is the marlin miami's basketball team is called the heat

the lakers are just another example about naming your team after the surrounding envirorment