brb joining this church

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

brb joining this church

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 04 Aug 2009 21:45

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 04 Aug 2009 21:48

they're from Kansas.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 04 Aug 2009 21:54

Zac Miley wrote:they're from Kansas.
oh shit sorry we cant hang bro im going to pickett stuff

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 05 Aug 2009 16:44

so wait... if they hate America....why do they live in America??

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 05 Aug 2009 16:54

They don't just hate america they hate everyone. They believe they are the only 80 people in the world who will go to heaven and are jumping for joy anytime anyone else dies for any reason. Brainwashed cult.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 05 Aug 2009 22:14

kyle, youre crazy
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 06 Aug 2009 21:14

so good

also i got kicked out wtf

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 07 Aug 2009 16:49

Great show because this "church" hits almost all points and areas of why religion on the whole isn't a good idea.. The shit just needs to be phased out.

It's also funny that she said just because Louie said something doesn't make it true. It's as if she can't see the direct hypocrisy. A man told a man that a man being born was god himself and when that man said something it makes it true. Huh?
James Randall

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 07 Aug 2009 23:35

Yeah agreed. It's easy to target the fringe radical religious groups that only a few people follow, but the question people should ask is what makes the fringe groups different to more mainstream religions? The only real difference is the number of people who follow the teachings. All religions believe things because of "faith" instead of evidence - indeed that's the definition of "faith." If people understood logic and reasoning, and understood how easy it is to be wrong about things then churches like this couldn't exist because having "faith" would be considered a bad thing, rather than a good thing.

The only thing that makes these people seem crazy is having beliefs that not many people have. However their beliefs have as much evidence supporting them as any religious belief. If we took a completely objective view we'd have to accept that they're just as likely to be right about the nature of the world as any other religion and they are just as crazy as the people following any other religion.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 08 Aug 2009 10:41

the question people should ask is what makes the fringe groups different to more mainstream religions? The only real difference is the number of people who follow the teachings.
Uh naw.
The only thing that makes these people seem crazy is having beliefs that not many people have.
Haha naw. A lot more things go in to making these people seem crazy. For instance their mutual insanity
However their beliefs have as much evidence supporting them as any religious belief
The book they claim as the word of God doesn't even back them up... Once again naw. Any theologian amatuer or not could rip these guys apart.

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 08 Aug 2009 14:30

LAWL
James Randall

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 09 Aug 2009 10:44

HAR HA HARHAHR HAHAH

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 09 Aug 2009 14:44

BainbridgeShred wrote:HAR HA HARHAHR HAHAH
James Randall

Texta
Shredaholic

Post by Texta » 11 Aug 2009 06:22

It could be worse, you could be joining a fringe political group like this one.
http://www.secular.org.au

fake edit: lol
We believe in:

Equal opportunity for all children
Universal secular education
Compulsory sex and drug education
Anti-discrimination and anti-homophobia education
Harm minimisation for drug users
Crime prevention, not large prison populations
Proper funding for our health system
Fair wages and conditions
Lower taxes and a broader tax base
Properly funded social security and pensions
A secular republic with an Australian head of state
It's the political equivalent of the holy trinity paradox.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 11 Aug 2009 19:49

I resigned from that party about a year ago and you're obviously talking about issues that aren't part of our platform.

Why are you posting on modified? Do you think attacking me is going to make me feel differently towards you?

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 11 Aug 2009 22:54

Texta wrote:It's the political equivalent of the holy trinity paradox.
Are you implying that the only things taxpayer money gets spent on is healthcare and social security?

I don't think lowering taxes and funding healthcare and social security is a contradiction at all.
Oliver Adams

Texta
Shredaholic

Post by Texta » 11 Aug 2009 23:42

I'm implying that increasing expenditure while decreasing income are mutually exclusive. If you want to spend more money you need more money, if you want to have less money you have to spend less money.

While Jeremy certainly believes differently, the world doesn't revolve around him or his fringe opinions.

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 12 Aug 2009 03:47

Yeah increasing net income and decreasing net expenditure are mutually exclusive. But the thing you quoted doesn't talk about that.

Consider my fun example to illustrate:

Bob spends $100 a week on food. He also Spends $200 a week on hookers and blow, cos that's just how he rolls.

He earns $400 a week.

So his net income each week is $100. One day he realises hookers n blow don't make him as happy as he thought, so he decides to turn away from that lifestyle and spend more on food. However he also wants to have more pocket money each week.

By eliminating hookers n blow, he decides to spend $100 a week more on food.

At the end of our story our enlightened friend has a net income of $200 (more than at the start) and spends $200 a week on food (more than the start)

No paradox here.

However if food was all that he spent money on, it would be a contradiction. As I said earlier, saying that there is a paradox suggests that you reckon healthcare and social security is the only thing taxpayer money gets spent on. While i'm sure there's a lot more <insert> they spend it on.
Oliver Adams

Texta
Shredaholic

Post by Texta » 12 Aug 2009 14:51

Very true, but the actual government spending in Australia prioritises health, social welfare and education already.

If Bob earns $400 and he spends $350 on food and $50 on rent, then it's a bit hard for him to increase food spending while decreasing income and having somewhere to live.

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 12 Aug 2009 22:53

Texta wrote:Very true, but the actual government spending in Australia prioritises health, social welfare and education already.

If Bob earns $400 and he spends $350 on food and $50 on rent, then it's a bit hard for him to increase food spending while decreasing income and having somewhere to live.
Yeah thats probs also true. I mean I don't know a whole lot about my own country because i never read the paper or anything about anything, but I'm just saying I really don't think the 'we believe in' thing you quoted was a contradiction.
Oliver Adams