Ingress

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Ingress

Post by Jeremy » 13 Jun 2015 16:36

Hi Modified people,

For a while now I've been playing the fun smart phone augmented reality game "Ingress", and at our recent footbag jam in Sydney last week I managed to recruit a few more footbaggers to the game. In many ways it's a lot like footbag, with lots of small tight communities, and a larger global community always welcoming travelers.

It's a bit like the ap 4 Square. There are places that are "portals" around a real (google maps based) map, and you have to go to the places (in real life) to capture them. There's a lot more too it than that, but that's the basics. There are two teams across the whole planet, so you can go anywhere (other than within 5 degrees of the poles) and you'll be on the same side working with different people for world domination :).

There's a little advertising video here;
Anyway I thought it might be something footbaggers are interested in. Also I have an ulterior motive in that there is an achievement you can get for recruiting people, which I am pursuing, so if you do want to try it out, please let me know your email address before you join and I'll send you an invite :). I'm on the blue team, but I was on the green team until I got to L16, so I think you should which ever team you think is best :)