Well, things certainly look different here.....

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
IanCozens
Circle Kicker

Well, things certainly look different here.....

Post by IanCozens » 14 Aug 2015 03:46

Hello, again.

Well, its been a while since I was last signed in here! A lot has changed, and i don't just mean this website, but on a personal level as well. I hope Im posting in the right place.

Two weeks ago, my nine year relationship with my girlfriend came to an end. Looking back, and having talked to her recently, I think we both saw it coming. Thats great for me because it means I get to stay in touch with my (not actually biological) daughter. Looking back, things had been building up to it for a year, maybe even more. We just drifted apart, we shared little or no interests.... It was in essence like two ghosts, sharing a house, just going about the same old routines.

While we were sorting out the house, I came across a tray, covered in scraps of multi-coloured materials, and on it, the scrappiest looking footbag Id ever stitched, and yet the "therapy" its provided me has been amazing. When my mind gets too busy, I can strap on some headphones, lace up the lavers (which got relegated to an "every day" shoe, so are now falling apart) and just go out and kick.....

Ive missed it so much :) So once again, im back. A little different this time. Im not here, pretending that at 33 years old, and nearly two stone heavier, that im going to go pro and wow the crowds. Im here to reconnect with some old friends, who share the same passion, and maybe, just maybe, hit open ducking down (Phoenix?) at last :)

https://www.facebook.com/ian.cozens.102

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Re: Well, things certainly look different here.....

Post by Kylescook » 14 Aug 2015 06:21

Welcome Back. Open Ducking Down is indeed Phoenix. Glad to hear you still get the same stress relief from footbag, nothing beats it in my world.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Well, things certainly look different here.....

Post by C-Fan » 17 Aug 2015 07:31

:arrow: Welcome back.
:arrow: Footbag can be amazing therapy during tough times. I think its great you're using it to help.
:arrow: Don't limit your goals in footbag because you're 33. I was 34 when I hit the stuff in this video: