Matt Cross & Derek Vandall are after me! [Footbag Dreams

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
century264
Multidex Master

Post by century264 » 15 Oct 2008 04:25

In terms of a Matt Cross dream, there was a session I had with Matt over the summer where I landed flip whirl for one of my first times ever and he told me, alright next time I see you I want to see 10 consecutive whirls on both sides. Still working on that little challenge haha. But that night I had a dream that I was playing and I landed 5 flip whirls in a row and was really psyched and then I woke up and I laughed because I couldn't even hit my challenges in my dreams :cry:

In terms of footbag related dreams in general, I dreamed I got these canvas or really old cloth shorts that had the left half green and the right half black and they were shred shorts design and I thought to myself, these would be great to play with, because my shorts are all black and longer than I want. So I put them on and played with them. I don't think there were any highlights but I was pretty stoked. Then I woke up

oh god top post!
Ian Pfeiffer
Trampoline owner

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 24 Oct 2008 21:41

Pengpeng Du

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 26 Oct 2008 13:32

:(

i liked that last little story.

anyway, we miss you too.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 04 Nov 2008 09:19

This dream took place in NY, in the town where I grew up.

I wake up early in the morning, and Adrienne Dukes swings by my house to give me a ride to the train station on her way to teach at (my old) high school. Instead, she starts driving directly to the high school, out of force of habit. I don't want her to backtrack out of her way, so I get out of the car and walk to the train station. On the way I see Matt Cross standing in a driveway (which for some reason is my driveway at home, which means I ended up back where I started?). I tell him to wait there while I go get my footbag gear. On the way home, I see Caroline Bourgoin ride by on a bicycle. I stop her and invite her to the kick. She says she doesn't have a bag, but I whip out a half-eaten Milano cookie and tell her we can play with that instead. Then I woke up.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 04 Nov 2008 09:31

God, I love this thread.

I think that Chris Dean is the player who shows up the most in my footbag-related dreams. Usually, when something is going wrong in my footbag dream (which it always is), Chris is there, and the same thing is going wrong for him as well.
BRICK!

nyfa

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 15 Nov 2008 06:15

So, on a lovely November morning I wake up to this dream ending.

First, I write my math test [which happened last night] and now I am able to go on my trip. To winnipeg. [watched the office yesterday] I somehow just travel and get their immediately, and walk up to my best friend as of, grade 5's house except in a downtown sort of area. [facebook, hadn't talked to him in a while] I walk up, knock on the door and meet my grandmother [wtf?] and hug talk about some stuff, and sit down. She made HOME MADE perogies,[that is what my other grandmother does..] which, in fact are the best things known to man. Randomly I start talking to my Grandfather, however, from my other 'side' of the family tree. A little bulldog starts walking around.

So, for some reason dinner wasn't ready and I had some time to kill, so I went to the "david clavens" basement, [watched DC video yesterday]met up with some university kids that I recognized and started watching a movie. One of the people there looked like Oxana [I watched the oxana/anssi video yesterday]. I had to leave yet again, and I walked up to half ymca/half bar [that looked startling similar to a place Johnny and I went to, and the YMCA jorden and I go to] and meet up with Erik Chan and Andrew Grant. Eric Chan was dressed and looked exaACTLY like his picture on the hackrifice site (www.hackrifice.com, which I visited yesterday) and just was constantly sweaty. Andrew Grant was in messenger uniform, and he still had a shaved head. For whatever reason, the rug in the gym room wasn't good enough for Andrew, so we went to walk somewhere else. Eric started walking the same bulldog as before and skipping, and singing. I forget the song, but I remember him crossing the street to the left, and some homely guy gave him a weird look. He was really singing...Andrew and I just started playing footbag in the street, without Eric, because he was too far away and we didn't want to catch up with him.

Somehow I then ended the dream shaking Matt Cross' hand, getting in my car and driving home from Tom's house. [Note, I'm going to see Matt Cross tomorrow, with Tom, in NY...Not at Tom's house]
Jay Boychuk

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 18 Nov 2008 13:14

It's like Matt Cross is contractually obligated to at least make a cameo in all footbag dreams. :lol:

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 23 Dec 2008 08:45

Oi,

So I was at some weird footbag contest in my dream last night where some players actually juggled with their hands in shred30, which I thought was kind of silly. I can't remember how I did in the competition, but later on I randomly bumped into a girl whom I haven't seen since junior high. More like she was hacking and kicked the bag really high and it almost landed in a fountain before I saved it. Giving the bag to her I asked where she had gotten the bag because it looked pretty good (definately not a sipa sipa) and she replied "Oh it's a number 132..." I responded "Does that mean it's a ...." and she finished "Matt Cross bag".

Not too long after that she actually kicked the bag into the fountain and I had to wade in to try and get it. Eventually, I found the bag and pocketed it, telling her that it was lost for good. Later on, I hid the bag on top of her refridgerator.

EDIT: I just signed onto facebook and the girl from my dream appeared in one of the boxes for "People you may know"...
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 23 Dec 2008 12:20

rory! sweet edit, and cool appearance from my bag. I love this thread.
BRICK!

nyfa

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 07 Jul 2009 08:09

So, this dream takes place at Worlds 2009, or what my mind would like to tell me is the finals-after-party in Berlin.

I woke up pissed off, because Sebastien Duschesne was fondling my girlfriend the party, on a green love seat. I watched it all happen, and for whatever reason my brain said "But, I can't stop him, he's Sebastien!" with a sort of he is superior to me in every way type of sense.

I hope I have a dream tonight, and get revenge. It would be a very large amount of fun to have this dream continue on as if it were a sitcom. I guess it'd be cool to have an imaginary girlfriend too. Would I dump her? Take her back? Tune in next time....
Jay Boychuk

CautionFragile
BSOS Beast

Post by CautionFragile » 09 Jul 2009 06:53

Last night I had a dream that I found my old Quantum2s. :D Man did I ever love those shoes.
I know alot of people aren't fans of them, but I litterally laboured for the hardest working roofers in Canada in those shoes, and they lasted through that no problem. The only reason I don't have them anymore is they stunk so bad because I had to roof in them barefoot in the rain for a few days, and so I left them on a friends porch roof so's to not reak up his house. Then I left for a 10 day roofing run and when I came back they had been thrown out. :cry:
So I was super excited when I found them. Then I woke up, didn't have my shoes and was 15 minutes late for work. Nards in the face. :evil:

On a sidenote, the only Matt Cross dream I had was about guitar. We were jamming at Camp Wakahakee again. Good times, good times. :lol:

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 10 Jul 2009 18:13

I had a great footbag dream last night.

From what I remembered, I was staying in an apartment complex in Manhattan's East Village / Greenwich Village, and I checked my mailbox. I noticed I got a footbag hat made by Holly Mathews! I was so overjoyed that I wore it immediately as I got out (can't remember what it said on top, but it certainly was a footbag term, and it was dyed a faded yellow and pink with black text stitched on). Anyway, I get out in a grey hoodie sweater and black jeans, and felt that it was Autumn. For some reason I felt like I was a hoodlum, because I was doing an unusual walk, like I was jamming to some tunes and whatever.

Met up with Ben Cooke who was talking to Zach Jahner at the corner. Gave them each a pound and walked off in a smile.

It started drizzling with rain, so I ducked underneath a store awning and put on my hoodie. As I was prepared to walk off, Tom Mosher ninja-hugs me from behind, and lifts me off from my feet! It was seriously stellar! We were excited for each other, because it was the first time I would see Tom in NYC, and Tom had just finished moving and packing all of his stuff into his apartment! And I happened to be right in front of his apartment!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat :!: :lol:

So, I enter into the complex, and the entire place was all grungy with graffiti and torn up posters and notices with poor yellow lighting. Sweet iconic NYC layout. :wink: I come across to an elevator, and both me and Tom take it up to his apartment. What freaked me out was that not only did we ended up into Tom's floor, but his apartment was the entrance of the back of the elevator shaft! It was like his own personal pad!

I noticed a large poker table, where Barrett Neimeth, Bruce Dole, Ken David, Ken Somolinos and some other folks were playing in, a person surfing the interwebs on this decked-out computer in the corner that I didn't catch, Matt Cross jamming some beats near the poker table, and a stitching circle somewhere on the floor. I believe there were two bedrooms and a small hallway going into the apartment's bathroom. The room was well-lit as well.

And then I woke up.

****, I thought I actually met Tom in NYC finally! What a let down!! :P
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 26 Jan 2011 05:54

I had a dream last night where Jorden Moir and Mathieu Giard-Montpetit were playing like this tennis/racquetball game in a full court gym. I guess it was more like tennis except instead of having an out of bounds the walls of the gym were in play. For some reason I was playing footbag in the middle of the gym in front of the net. I found it little bit difficult to concentrate on my practice because the racquetball kept whizzing past me and one time even grazed my neck. Luckily, I was able to dodge all of the racquetballs and avoid injury. It turned out to be a pretty intense match and when it all but looked like Jorden was about to win, Mathieu pulled out this amazing shot and the momentum shifted in his favour and he went on to take the match.

After the game Jorden complained to the referee that he was distracted by my presence on the court and had to hold back on some of his shots because he was afraid of hitting me. I felt bad that I maybe contributed to his loss, so I decided to make it up to him by teaching him how to play table tennis. A ping pong table conveniently materialized in the middle of the gym and I proceeded to go over the basics of backspin, forespin (downloop), and ball placement strategy. Jorden picked everything up really quickly and we rallied for a while. The only thing of note here is I made this really weird shot where I like hit the ball up into the space under the brim of my hat (Matt Cross style) and then proceeded to some how release it and make a tricky spin shot on Jorden (wouldn't be technically legal in table-tennis I know, but what the hell this was a dream).

After a while we stopped playing and then on my way out of the gym Jeremy Mirken showed up and he was wearing zip-off jeans. The top half of the jeans had regular blue denim with some intricate stitching and the bottom half had yellow denim. He said something funny, but I can't remember what it was. Then the phone rang in my condo and I woke up.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 27 Jan 2011 11:50

I'm glad i beat Jorden at that game, as i will obvisouly never ebat him at footbag haha!

Sweet dream Rory!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Feb 2011 12:29

I had a dream that Matt Cross moved in next door to me. We started talking and then he said, "You wanna know the secret to good crank?" I said "certainly!" Then he tells me to look at his feet. I looked down and the outsides of his feet were flat against the ground, and he walked around like that for the remainder of the dream. Then I'm pretty sure he turned into a cat.

The End.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 17 Feb 2011 12:38

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote: I looked down and the outsides of his feet were flat against the ground, and he walked around like that for the remainder of the dream.
Jorden Moir used to actually do this.

That said, whenever I have done this, it hurts, and I personally do not recommend it. I'm not sure if Jorden would either.

I'll say it again: I love this thread!
BRICK!

nyfa

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Feb 2011 18:09

Whadaya know?! DREAMS DO COME TRUE! :o
Nick Polini

Funblog

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 18 Feb 2011 08:59

Thoroughly enjoyed re-reading a bunch of these. Thanks for reviving this thread.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Feb 2011 23:26

No prob! I've been reading bits and pieces of this thread, and it's so cool to hear everyone's footbag dreams and know I'm not the only weirdo who dreams about little metal-filled bags falling all over my bed (not actually one of my dreams, but an awesome scene from Bringing Out The Shred :P) I'll continue to post them when I have them, now that I know this thread exists. I often have some uber-whacked out footbag dreams.

Dream on, bishes.
Nick Polini

Funblog