RIDDLE GAME!!!

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
Splint
Angry Hippy

RIDDLE GAME!!!

Post by Splint » 02 Feb 2005 17:12

I thought it might be fun to start a riddle game similar to the trivia game that went on for a while.

Basically it'll work like this. A riddle will be posed. For each incorrect guess, the riddler will get 1 point. If the riddle is asked correctly the person with the correct answer will get 1 point and get to pose the next riddle.
The riddle MUST have an answer.
If the riddle is not answered correctly after 8 guesses, the riddler gets 8 points plus 2 bonus points for stumping everyone AND gets to pose another riddle.

One more rule:
You are only allowed 1 guess up to the first 5 guesses. So if you guess wrong you can guess again after 5 people have had a chance to make a guess.

Since this is the first time and may or may not get much response, we'll play to 20 points.

Here's the first riddle:

A man leaves his house and gets into his black car to drive to the store down a black street. He doesn't turn on his headlamps and none of the street lights are on. Just then, a black dog jumps in front of his car and he swerves to miss it by a hair.

How did he know to avoid the dog?

HenryG: 17
Stephen Barnes: 5
Tsiangkun: 7
Omnicriz: 6
Splint: 6
qphox: 5
Chris Hanratty: 4
zachatree: 4
Mohkale: 3
Johnny: 3
Junkyardjew: 3
Mr.Roboto: 3
Nathan: 3
tstep84: 2
slapdash21: 1
Kronokicker: 1
Peanutbutterboy: 1
Ted: 1
Lightningbolt: 1
RhymeswithAlex: 1
ericksonj: 1
Littleboyfootbag: 1
kaos: 1
AA: 2
Last edited by Splint on 14 Mar 2005 08:57, edited 26 times in total.
Old Skool

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 02 Feb 2005 17:13

The dog barked?
Nicholas Laroche

junkyardjew
BSOS Beast

Post by junkyardjew » 02 Feb 2005 17:17

his headlamps were already on?
Jared MacKay

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 02 Feb 2005 17:19

Nope to Laroche and Junkyardjew.
Old Skool

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 02 Feb 2005 17:22

It's daylight?
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 02 Feb 2005 17:47

Stephen Barnes wrote:It's daylight?
Ooh, good guess. :)

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 02 Feb 2005 17:55

Der. That was the easiest riddle ever. Haha. I have a good one like that but ill wait my turn
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 02 Feb 2005 17:58

Stephen got it. He gets to post the next riddle.

One more rule:
You are only allowed 1 guess up to the first 5 guesses. So if you guess wrong you can guess again after 5 people (yourself inclused) have had a chance to make a guess.
Old Skool

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 02 Feb 2005 18:23

oh come on brad.. you should of been able to come up with something harder than that :D. Lets go stephen, i want to win this, riddles are awesome. I already have a bunch in mind.
Aric McIntosh

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 02 Feb 2005 19:08

The king dies and two men, the true heir and an impostor, both claim to be his long-lost son. Both fit the description of the rightful heir: about the right age, height, coloring and general appearance. Finally, one of the elders proposes a test to identify the true heir. One man agrees to the test while the other flatly refuses. The one who agreed is immediately sent on his way, and the one who refused is correctly identified as the rightful heir.

Can you figure out why?
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

junkyardjew
BSOS Beast

Post by junkyardjew » 02 Feb 2005 19:56

man, this is the best thread ever. Way to go.

I know the answer to this one, and I don't much like this kind of riddle (but that first one was great!)

so here's my guess: the true prince only has one testicle, and was very ashamed of it, but never told anybody. The elder heard about it from his nursemaid. The true prince refused, knowing he'd have to show off his uni-ball.
Jared MacKay

lightningbolt
Nothing Vulgar

Post by lightningbolt » 02 Feb 2005 20:02

It was to run a race; the real prince was in a weelchair from some diease.
I think I going to take over Canada. You should help.
Get Firefox!

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 02 Feb 2005 20:20

Wrong and wrong.

Why don't you like this kind of riddle? I couldn't find any of the awesome quality of Brad's.
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes

lightningbolt
Nothing Vulgar

Post by lightningbolt » 02 Feb 2005 20:25

Edit: Sorry! My bad. :oops: I forgot about that 5 people rule. Whatever, I like this riddle, it's cool.
I think I going to take over Canada. You should help.
Get Firefox!

junkyardjew
BSOS Beast

Post by junkyardjew » 02 Feb 2005 20:40

I'm just not really into riddles where the answer is pretty arbitrary. Like I said, I've heard this one before, and I think that my answer is just as valid as the real one. It's not really a riddle, it's more like a story. It's hard to describe why yours and Brad's are different, but basically I think it's because his sort of has hints inside the riddle itself. I kicked myself after hearing the answer to Brad's because it 'makes sense'. I don't think anybody is going to say "oh, of course, I should have thought of that" after hearing the answer to yours...

That's just me though. I'm pretty picky about my riddles... Also, sorry to come down so hard and be such a buzz-kill. I'm really into this thread and I don't want to discourage you or anybody else from posting their riddles. Hope you're not mad.
Jared MacKay

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 02 Feb 2005 21:02

The true heir to the kingdom was the child of the king and the queen. As a result of rampant inbreeding, the child suffered from hemophila. The kid who was thinking he was the rightful heir to the throne was actually adopted so the couple could present a heathy heir to the throne in the eyes of the public. Embarassed about their own child condition, they sent him away to be raised elsewhere. Unfortunately he had already been tatooed as royalty on the bottom of his foot. When the king died he returned to claim the throne as rightfully his. The sick bastard elder knew about the little secret child, and proposed the blood test. Scared of bleeding to death, the rightful heir to the throne didn't want to die, and turned down the test. The poor adopted boy who thought the throne would be his, agreed to the test.

probably too specific.
Last edited by Tsiangkun on 02 Feb 2005 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 02 Feb 2005 21:07

the reason they sent away the man who agreed is because what they asked the two men to do, in the rightful heirs mind, would have resulted in something much worse than becoming the heir to the throne, so when the imposter agreed to something the heir knew was bad they were able to tell who was who.
[/vague]
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 02 Feb 2005 21:09

haha i didnt see splints post first... but if i was faster, and that was correct, i'd still be right :P:P
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

DoctorJay
Fearless

Post by DoctorJay » 03 Feb 2005 00:49

the right heir doesn't want to become a king all his life - so it was easy to recognize him due to his refusal.

Ah I hope that the next riddle has only one possible solution !
Jochen Bauer

Paradox Feet Footbag Club
http://www.paradoxfeet.de

http://www.jochen-bauer.net

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 03 Feb 2005 01:31

Well, Stephen hasn't come back to answer yet, but I'll tell you all right now that Tsiangun actually has the correct answer. Of course Stephen has to make it official since it's his riddle.

Points will be rewarded for the guesses that were wrong before the correct one was posted.
Old Skool