Need help writing a play

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
sen
Post Master General

Need help writing a play

Post by sen » 11 May 2005 08:52

I have to write a play for creative writing, and due to past assingments it has to be about footbag. I'm drawing a total blank as to what to do.

Anyone have some cool ideas? The biggest problem is that it has to be based on dialogue.

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 11 May 2005 09:02

how bout a play about a footbagger who is in desperate need of attention so he shreds infront of everybody, have a narrator always on the side of the stage narrating what is going through the footbaggers head...
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 11 May 2005 09:37

how about a dialogue between someone spouting the stupid kind of nonsense we're talking about in the "footbaggers - arrogant?" thread, and make it really funny. have them ask / say,

do you have too much free time?
I could do that.
Those shorts are pretty gay.
why don't you put on your shirt?
do you play soccer?

and then at the end, say, "but every once in a while, someone takes it the right way, and it's worth all the random comments, and have a little cutey come on and say, "I think footbag is the coolest, sexiest thing I've ever seen. Can I take you out for a shish-kabob?"

or something.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

delakong
BSOS Beast

Post by delakong » 11 May 2005 10:35

or you could combine both Ryan and Matt's ideas and make the ultimate Magazord!!!
Joshua Annis

"Don't Panic..."
"I woke wanting nothing more than a box of Gushers....
DENIED
I shake my first at the sky."-Matt Cross
"Yeah, seriously! When I got back into my cubicle Jazz started throwing dimes at me. What an asshole."-David Wilder

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 11 May 2005 10:52

AWESOME idea, dela! you could have the footbagger being polite and civil and respectful to all the stupid questions, and then have the narrator "translate" what they said into what they really felt / meant.

that would be HILARIOUS.

you could easily think up a polite response to those questions, then something totally scathing or ranty for the narrator to say.

sweet, that could be really interesting and funny.
BRICK!

nyfa

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 11 May 2005 10:55

hmmmm, no edit button...

I was going to say...

and it would be a great excuse to demo a few simple moves for your class between the stupid comments.

and when the cutey asks you out at the end (if and when you choose to do that) you can have the footbagger go "yesssssssssss" and then have the narrator go "yesssssssssssssssss" and it would be the only thing the narrator and the protagonist would say in common.
BRICK!

nyfa

delakong
BSOS Beast

Post by delakong » 11 May 2005 11:07

That would be great!!! I'd pay to go see a play like that. The demo part would be sweet and pleasing to the eye and the dialogue would/could be funny as hell.
Joshua Annis

"Don't Panic..."
"I woke wanting nothing more than a box of Gushers....
DENIED
I shake my first at the sky."-Matt Cross
"Yeah, seriously! When I got back into my cubicle Jazz started throwing dimes at me. What an asshole."-David Wilder

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 11 May 2005 11:20

Just a quick tip - make sure the dialogue is funny as hell to non footbaggers - I doubt you'll have many in the audience and if the teacher marking doesn't get the jokes you won't score points/get grades for them. But put in some footbag injokes too! :D

lightningbolt
Nothing Vulgar

Post by lightningbolt » 11 May 2005 18:54

And post it when your done, if you want. I would like to see it. It sounds cool!
I think I going to take over Canada. You should help.
Get Firefox!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 12 May 2005 06:41

Those ideas are great. :D I'm gonna with the mix. Thanks for all the great ideas.
I'll post it in my footblog when I'm finished just for you, Melissa.

ps you can see an essay I wrote for the same class in my blog.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 12 May 2005 09:13

Jeremy wrote:Just a quick tip - make sure the dialogue is funny as hell to non footbaggers - I doubt you'll have many in the audience and if the teacher marking doesn't get the jokes you won't score points/get grades for them. But put in some footbag injokes too! :D
I don't many footbag inside jokes. Could you give me a hand in incorperating some.

Also, anyone who has something to add to the play (jokes, phrases, ect) can respond to this thread and i'll to stick them in there.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 03 Jun 2005 12:58

I'm currently working on this play.

So far I have a shredder playing and then a group of jocks come up and start making fun of him and saying the stuff that Matt came up with, and then the shredder saying something civil or whatever and then you hear his thoughts which are all mean and stupid. I don't like how it's turning out but if anyone has any other input I'd be happy to hear it. Thanks.

Mathieu Latulippe
Shredalicious

Post by Mathieu Latulippe » 27 Jul 2005 08:03

I'm into theatre and arts and such.. i'll think of something. Can it a video/animation.. or must it be staged? Can it be a costly production or is it limited?

NotHisRealName
Post Master General

Post by NotHisRealName » 27 Jul 2005 15:48

Maybe this post is a little late in comming, but a conversation between a footbag player and his parents. They want him to forget footbag and focus on school more, but the footbag kid trys to justify his love for the sport. That should introduce some conflict.
Comment in the BCS blog if you feel the need to.

Gareth Williams

Mathieu Latulippe
Shredalicious

Post by Mathieu Latulippe » 27 Jul 2005 22:56

Make a dramatic soap about that..

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 28 Jul 2005 16:38

delakong wrote:or you could combine both Ryan and Matt's ideas and make the ultimate Magazord!!!
Zoron could lead 5 footbaggers on the path to keeping peace. sad to say that I was a huge fan of that show when I was young
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley