Online Competition 2013 Official Release! Results !

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Re: Online Competition 2013 Official Release! (Both videos)

Post by Jazzkid » 11 Sep 2013 17:17

Final results coming soon!
SHRED HARD!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 11 Sep 2013 20:58

Sick 3

1. Anz
2. Aleksi
3. Me me me me me meeeeee!
4. Jalowiecki

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 12 Sep 2013 06:08

just so it gets posted here as well:

sick 1 results:
1. kljopa = bboy bag... thats sick, and un expected, just what i want to see in a sick1 comp
2. anssi = eventho it looks way to easy for him to qualify it as "sick"
3. nick polini = very close between him and matt cross tho
4. matt cross = very nice hard trick, its more of a shared 3rd than 4th
5. brain sherril =
last place me = i will not put myself into judgement here tho, i love this trick, and within the presence of jay boychukc i hit it bs for the first time ever that day :D just sayin

wont list the rest, lots of stuff that was the to me, also soooooo many players ^^ and its hard to rank the "not so hard" things since iknow its hard to the individual, so... keep rocking and work on cleanlyness, 2 clean dexes allways look better than 4 the ones!

sick 3 results:
1. matt cross = again, not the hardest thing in the video, but unique and suprising, i like that
2. Aleksi Airinen = not much to say here, super clean, super hard
3. Anssi Sundberg = same here
4. Ken Somolinos
then there was loads of the and i dont really wanna judge all the entries (again) but again i say, congrats to everyone that entered, keep going strong and lets see even better stuff next time ;)
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 12 Sep 2013 06:27

Just so you ppl know about it, there are 2 official judges on this comp, Mark Monistere and Kevin Hogan, we'll have their results soon!
Last edited by TheLast on 12 Sep 2013 06:28, edited 1 time in total.
Paulo Castro

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 12 Sep 2013 06:27

hahahahaha

Paulo Castro

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 12 Sep 2013 06:40

C-Fan wrote:Sick 3

1. Anz
2. Aleksi
Just to explain why I put Anz ahead of Aleksi on this one:

:arrow: They both started with nemesis, and both nemeses were clean, so the only way either player gets an edge for anything involving nemesis is the difficulty of the link out of nemesis. Since I can't do nemesis, I can't really speak to what's harder out of it: stepping or a triage. That said, I find it easier to hit bedwetter out of double down tricks than it is for me to triage out of them, so I give a slight edge to Anz on the first link.
:arrow: For me personally, I rank the remaining 4 tricks in their Sick 3s in ascending difficulty order as bedwetter, triage, chainsaw, and TATW. That said, TATW and chainsaw are pretty close in my mind. However, I put a clean triage ahead of bedwetter, so Anz has the slight edge in overall harder tricks. That alone isn't enough to win a Sick 3, since the links matter, but in a close Sick3 the aggregate difficulty of tricks can make the difference.
:arrow: Both combos had the same number of dexes. I liked that Anz had 2 tricks which were single leg triples (and used diff legs for each), but I also like how Aleksi's dexes switched legs for each dex. I'd call this a wash.
:arrow: Is triage-TATW a harder link than bed-chainsaw? I think so. Again, slightly subjective, and I've never hit the first combo, but I'd stick by this.

Both combos were sick, both were clean, and I'd love to hit either. That said, I give the slight edge to Anz on this one.

DubleDex
Shredaholic

Post by DubleDex » 12 Sep 2013 06:43

I'm not officially ranking because they were all awesome.

But, in regards to the Sick 3:
Aleksi: WTF? I can barely process the difficulty of that in slow motion.
Anssi: Also, WTF? I think it's a testament to just how good he has gotten at lots of dexes (as well as the rest of his game) that at first watch I'm almost unimpressed with it. I think, "Oh, it's just Anssi hitting a nemesis and a couple triple dexes... that's what he does. Yawn." Then my brain kicks in and I think, "Wait... How did he just do that? That's freaking impossible. He just did something that may, in fact, be impossible." — then my face melted.

Great stuff. Thanks for all the work putting the contest together, promoting it, putting the videos together. And obviously to all the participants. Loved it all.
Darren Kautz
Kicking since 1991

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 12 Sep 2013 09:27

So many people have commented on the cleanliness, that I want to point out that neither Aleksis Nemesis or Chainsaw Massacre were clean.

I like it how there was so many entries. A lot of unclean tricks though, which isn't nice...

By the way Ken, your sick3 was my first Beast, back in 2006. Nostalgic.

Thanks, Paolo, for making these.

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 12 Sep 2013 11:50

Sick 1:

1. Cross
2. Boychuk
3. Sherrill
4. Sundberg
5. Polini

Sick 3:

1. Sundberg
2. Airinen
3. Som...Ken
4. Tank

If you'd like a critique on any of your submissions please PM me.

Jorden
Jorden Moir

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 12 Sep 2013 11:51

Great video. Just watched the sick 1 and am about to watch sick 3

I don't want to be a definition nazi, but FS (or frontside), refers to a symposium uptime component. like pogo blur would be FS blur.

frontside and backside are only used when there is both a set and a downtime. like FS reactor would be symp atomic downtime whirl. BS reactor would be atomic downtime symp whirl. The terms were used improperly in sick 1

edit: i wrote a giant paragraph explaining the difference between when a toe is a spin, and when a toe is an in-spin, but didn't want to take away from the awesome trick so deleted it.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 12 Sep 2013 14:33

hmmm with FS i meant "Far Symposium" not FrontSide.. but i understand why it would be confusing, i also used "Alpha" and not "frontside" for the gauntlet, to try to avoid this confusion
Paulo Castro

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 12 Sep 2013 15:42

I had the results as follows;

Sick 1.

1. Anssi
Super hard and super rare move. The best execution of this move that I've seen. He's a little off balance at the end, but otherwise hard.

2. Jay B.
Easier than some of the tricks below, but the execution is close to perfect. Very clean.

3. Nick P.
Very hard move, although I tend to think pogo ducking is easier and uglier than stepping ducking. I think the form was a bit lacking on this too - the pogo dex is too big, the osis dragged, and the balance a bit off.

Sick3

1. Anssi
The link of nemesis>triage wins for me, and the triple dexes on both sides is a big plus too. Nemesis>stepping is much easier than nemesis>triage

2. Air
Although there are two super hard moves compared to Anssi with one, the middle link lets this down. I think the second link is easier too (in terms of linkage, rather than the difficulty of the actual moves, if that makes sense).

I don't remember the combos enough for a third.

I thought I'd mention that there are no official rules for sick competitions, but my view (and that written in the unofficial rules which may actually be official now, but aren't listed in the .org rules) is that tricks should be judged irrespective of trends. The score that a particular person gets should ideally be the same regardless of the rest of the competitors, and the wider community. I especially mean that you shouldn't get a bonus for hitting things not many people hit (unless not many people do it because it's too hard). The point is that you should be judged on the difficulty and execution of what you perform, not on factors that occur outside of the competition. I'd also add that you should be judged on your *footbag* abilities in a footbag competition. Of course this has a more informal feel, so I don't have a problem with people judging in whatever manner they see fit.

Edit;
Actually just checking my email, the Sick 3 rules were voted in sometime before 2006, and then reaffirmed in 2006. It just hasn't been updated on .org. I only have my drafted rules, but Steve G. noted that some definitions and the words "sick 3" needed to be added, so there may be a more advanced document somewhere.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 12 Sep 2013 17:53

OFFICIAL ONLINE COMPETITION FINAL RESULTS

SICK 1
1Anz
2Nick
3Jay

SICK 3
1 Anz
2 Air
3 Ken

ill post the rest of the rankings and my thoughts shortly
SHRED HARD!

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 12 Sep 2013 19:25

marky mark and the funky bunch wrote: ill post the rest of the rankings and my thoughts shortly
ditto.

props to all that competed. alot of unclean stuff which sucks but overall a quality turnout. phat tricks boys (and girl).
Kevin Hogan

BSC

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 12 Sep 2013 22:01

Yeah I know mine was kinda whack, but I had never hit this trick before and it definitely felt... not as clean as it could be. But the first time you hit some tricks, they aren't using the best form... And with Sick 1, I always thought the idea was to push yourself as hard as you can and hit the absolute sickest trick you could conjure.. and Alpha Guantlet was the absolute sickest trick I could conjure. I think you can tell that from my reaction :P Total disbelief. There is no way I could have pushed any harder and had a relatively small chance of hitting the trick. So this is basically my excuse for my semi-lame trick because I know a lot of people are verbally shitting on it right now and saying it's not worthy of 2nd place.

I think the judges did a great job of deciding the winners, even though it has to be hard to judge this comp, especially with so many awesome submissions.

Although I'm excited as hell that I took 2nd place (still kind of can't believe that), I must admit that it feels strange coming in the slot right between 2 of my bigger influences in the sport, since I'm nowhere near that level in actual freestyle shred. I'm the meat and cheese in a BAP sandwich :P

Also wanna say, Paulo, thank you for hosting this. It's been a great pleasure to watch the videos. You did a great job though, man.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Strix
Shredalicious

Post by Strix » 12 Sep 2013 22:13

So bad ass. I have watched both vids multiple times. Awesome to see the global level that footbag still has.

Nice vids. The name, location, and trick string bar was a nice touch. Cant wait to see another online comp. soon.

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 18 Sep 2013 07:27

Now who promised to stitch a footbag for the winner?

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 18 Sep 2013 13:51

RANKINGs n hope i remembered everybody...
LOTS of entries....great participation..... if your trick was obviously not clean you were disqualified from the rankings.....
ANZ hit a very difficult trick with sick execution..
Nick went massive and we love massive....
Jay... great footage ....clean execution and hard trick

1 Anz super difficult trick , single leg triple dex … haven't been seeing this one pop up on online comps often. Execution was great ….slight fall back at the end but caught on his toes…
2 Nick Massive ..great job . got a lot of points for going massive, not the best execution. GREAT JOB !
3 Jay …hard trick….great execution…..
4 Matt super sick trick….the swirl so SOOO smooth……great trick….just didnt feel it was as difficult as the above tricks.
5 Zach…. sick style..
6 Drew SICK …great execution. love the trick
7Andreas- awesome unique
8 Mike Cool …..Last dex was had to see .
9Aleksgei bag was let go a little late……entry was SUPER AWESOME ….but i feel that the trick was basically over after the pinch
10Brian- bad footage …cool trick
11Derek- too much hunching
12Marco- nice….transition could have been smoother
13Cassy- nice …try to land on your toes
14Pawel the step was not clearly defined and there was a double bounce
15Anton- not bad[youtube][/youtube]
16Brandon - go for better control….nice trick
17Dan ----too far away
18Khoa - - that pixie needs to be WAY lower
19Boatz- awesome just not a clean dex
Jackus - wasn't there
Antonio blurry footage and bad form
David- pulled
Matheu- not there at all
Michael no last dex
Paulo- no whirl at all
Krztgoat not even a trick

and since I didnt compete....i want to contribute... hit this today...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31TqFa8mdwY[/youtube]
SHRED HARD!

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 18 Sep 2013 13:57

Anz wrote:Now who promised to stitch a footbag for the winner?
Marco hartig

Awesome trick mark!
Paulo Castro

Mathochist
Multidex Master

Re: Online Competition 2013 Official Release!

Post by Mathochist » 18 Sep 2013 14:24

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:All of these tricks were pretty Open level. Especially if you're calling ... Cassy's Casket (Fairy ss Drifter) "Open".

Ha ha. Open Casket.

This comp was so good it got me to visit modified again.
My favorite trick is knowing when to pass.
Rob Creel III