David Clavens Basement Sessions CD Released - 20 minutes NEW

This is for footbag related items only.
david
Senor Buttercup

David Clavens Basement Sessions CD Released - 20 minutes NEW

Post by david » 04 Oct 2008 21:54

Modified,

It is fairly obvious that I have been inactive on the scene lately without releasing footage. With school and a busy life it’s fairly hard to maintain a high level of technical prowess in this sport. That and my changing views on the game have made me into a player not much worth filming these days.

However, I believe I reached my technical prime last winter when I began releasing a series of videos from the basement of my dorm. While some of these were made public there were a number that I kept to myself and a few close friends. Upon watching these videos again I realized just how proud of them I am and how much I feel others would enjoy watching them. A lot of people have expressed their enjoyment with my .org galleries which house a lot of videos containing high intermediate shred. This CD will serve to update that skill level, giving over 30 minutes in what I consider world class freestyle, with 20 of that brand new.

The CD breaks down as follows:

- dcbase1 (3:02)
- dcbase2 (3:39)
- dcbase3 (5:09)*
- dcbase4 (3:04)
- dcbase6 (5:04)
- dcbase7 (3:30)*
- dcsbbase (3:00)*
- cleaverflash (5:25)*
- Bonus: dcnov (4:30)

About 36 minutes in total, over 20 minutes of brand new never before seen footage. I really feel that all of the footage is top notch, and I’ve thrown in probably my favorite video I’ve ever made; dcnov.wmv just to sweeten the deal. The videos denoted with *’s have been previously released, but seeing as they were filmed in the basement I find it acceptable to put them on this collection. Every video I have filmed in the basement is on this CD.

The reason for me putting this on CD and not DVD is solely based on the fact that I no longer have the source footage from these videos. On a monitor these videos look fine but I think on a TV they would get a bit blurry and just wouldn’t make for a good viewing experience. With the rise of internet video and the decrease of DVD’s for footbag I don’t see this being a huge issue. Downloading is not feasible as there are many files plus hosting etc.

There are some who probably feel that it is a crime to charge for footbag footage. Part of me would love to release these for free but a few things stop me from doing that. The biggest is that I am a University student without a job and it would be awesome to get some help with rent, food, etc. Furthermore, myself and other top level players have dedicated our lives to this game to reach the level we are at. I truly feel that if you respect our skill it is not a crazy idea to ask for some kind of payment for videos that took me probably over 10 hours to film and edit, not to mention the years to get to where I am in the sport.

The CD will have all of the videos in .wmv format and the quality on them ranges from good to great. Almost every video is live sound which I feel is much nicer to listen to as it really lets you hear the rhythm of my game.

If you are interested in getting a copy please send me a PM or an email at davidclavens at gmail.com. The CD will be $15 US, free shipping to anywhere in the world. Paypal, check, etc. are all feasible means.

Thank you for reading. I look forward to the first batch of reviews which I will post here.

David Clavens
david

stephanos
Hack Fiend

Post by stephanos » 30 Oct 2008 15:48

this sound so cool, i really like watching you. i dont have money but i want you to know that if i did i would want this...someone should get this
zito ellas
Stephanos Salzman

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 31 Oct 2008 14:03

GET IT. You won't regret it.

Get money and get it quickly! Steal if you have to! :P
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87