Circus Act

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
Jorden
Retro Athlete

Circus Act

Post by Jorden » 26 Sep 2009 12:24

Jorden Moir

Radek
BSOS Beast

Post by Radek » 26 Sep 2009 13:14

That was the best few minutes that I sepnt on watching youtube. Best video ever!
Born to challenge

Josh B
queef magnet

Post by Josh B » 26 Sep 2009 15:35

this was the sickest performance (for non-footbaggers) ive EVER seen. really well done man..if i was cirque du soleil id be on you like THAT+:SNAP:
-JB <?

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 26 Sep 2009 16:44

I liked the progression in difficulty, and the variety of tricks/concepts in this. I also thought the jump rope stuff was sick. All that said, the schtick really killed it for me.

Power to Jorden though for pursuing his love of circus; I wish him the best.

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 27 Sep 2009 04:18

It's been 2 years I wanted to see this again

thank you!
Mathieu Gauthier

Kimbe.
Multidex Master

Post by Kimbe. » 27 Sep 2009 07:00

I must say I was a little sceptic of the circus-footbag thing when I first read about it. However, after seeing this performance, how well you had planned the different sections and how you kept the show entertaining 6 minutes through, I like it.
Kim Berg

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 27 Sep 2009 09:35

FUCKING AMAZING!

yes, you get an F word.

Next stop, cirque du soleil!
First think about how to practice or don't bother practicing.

John Bagi

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 27 Sep 2009 12:31

C-Fan wrote:All that said, the schtick really killed it for me.
Yeah, I don't know man, I think it's appropriate here. While many of us in the footbag world will appreciate some of the stuff he's doing in this video, it's definitely not aimed at us exclusively. I'm sure you realize this, so I guess it's just a personal feeling, but I don't think it was over the top at all.

I mean, if I didn't know Jorden (or footbag!) and I saw this performance in the street, I wouldn't be thinking, "Oh give me a break, get on with it". I think it's tasteful; I think the adults in the crowd would be super impressed with the technical stuff, and I can picture the kids in the front row cracking up at the ball-to-face. It's a good balance.

Jorden, I'm thinking back to some older videos when you were practising things like "finishing poses" or whatever, and I will say that you look a lot more natural than you used to. Your skill was obviously never in question, I think it was just a matter of how comfortable you appeared during performance...nowadays we're all watching you up on stage, and I don't think anyone's doubting that you belong there. Well done man, all the best.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 27 Sep 2009 19:16

awesome. thanks jorden.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

zach4th
Fearless

Post by zach4th » 27 Sep 2009 20:14

the part where your leg went around it twice was really neat. :P
Zach Forth

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 27 Sep 2009 20:42

qphox wrote:Jorden, I'm thinking back to some older videos when you were practising things like "finishing poses" or whatever, and I will say that you look a lot more natural than you used to. Your skill was obviously never in question, I think it was just a matter of how comfortable you appeared during performance...nowadays we're all watching you up on stage, and I don't think anyone's doubting that you belong there. Well done man, all the best.
I completely agree with this. Though I do share Ken's sentiment about the schtick, I am equally, if not more so impressed by Jorden's mature appreciation for the dramaturgical subtleties of a circus performer. In such a high-paced, limited-attention-span world that has such careless disregard for history and tradition, Jorden's skills and presentation beg the viewer to consider alien, though equally legitimate sets of values.

To finish off my diatribe about about Jorden's presentation, well it does not pander to contemporary standards of style, and it is that much more punk rock because of it.

Regarding the content... well that is a whole other story.
I felt that the breaks in the video were unnerving, though I can't tell if this was by legitimate standards or footbag fanatical standards. Also, I felt the jump rope juggling was killer. Clearly it was little more for you than an engineering exercise, but the results, while perhaps not as sensational as "super nemesis" were tremendous. In affect, you successfully synthesized three independent activities in a singular, brutal display of technical mastery. Thank you.

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 28 Sep 2009 05:50

ian, do you just sit with a dictionary and figure out ways to make your sentences hard to read? :-) kidding, couldn't resist

--

I was going to write something, but Kevin Regamey wrote exactly what I wanted to write. I'm an anti-schtick guy when it comes to a footbag competition, but this is not that. For the intended purpose, I really can't imaging much more perfect of a show.

Very nicely done Jorden.
Bob R.

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 28 Sep 2009 07:12

Fantastic! Bravo! Encore! I'm a bigger fan of Jorden now than I ever was before.
Last edited by Outsider on 28 Sep 2009 08:43, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

Will Digges
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Will Digges » 28 Sep 2009 07:22

Jorden your whole performance has really improved a lot! I loved it, the jumprope with footbag was very cool, i'm diggin' it. Keep up the hard work brother
Will Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 28 Sep 2009 16:09

Outsider wrote:Fantastic! Bravo! Encore! I'm a bigger fan of Jorden now than I ever was before.
+1

What a great performance! This inspires me to possibly write one of my own and use my students as an audience. Thanks man. I feel that your show is timeless and appeals to numerous audiences. I hope your skills and talents bring you every opportunity in the world. :D

lineman
Shredalicious

Post by lineman » 29 Sep 2009 06:07

Sick... that was amazing Jorden.
Caio Nery Filho
www.caiones.com.br

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 29 Sep 2009 07:05

Jorden,

Great performance. I just saw Cirque de Soeil last Saturday and noticied the difference between that type of performance and entertainment and a two minute shred routine. You have certainly taken on this new journey with passion and it shows now only in this performance but in the progression that can be seen since performances past. I really liked the bag in the face moment. That was a surprise to me. Everything else was enjoyable as well. I noticed you used a lot of facial expressions throughout and that must be challenging to maintain while focusing on other more technical tasks at hand, and foot.

Thank you for sharing this. I am so glad you are receiving positive support from the footbag community. You certainly deserve it.
Mike Anello
http://www.rochesterfootbag.com
Never give up, unless up is what the customer really wants.