David Clavens - Autumn - 12.11.10 - 9PM PST - Released!

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 14 Dec 2010 06:40

I can not post anything new here.

Just:

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Tilly Tamás

"The mistake is not to drop it. The mistake is not to pick it up."

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 14 Dec 2010 08:43

I've been battling a fever for a few days now, which means I'm having trouble focussing, and also that I don't fully trust my eyes. I watched this video in that context, which is why I had to re-watch it a bunch, since I had trouble processing everything going on.

What stood out and impressed me the most, was the lack of bails. And I don't just mean BOP, I mean that it looked like Dave was really making an (successful) effort to avoid bailing at all times. Stuff like ripwalk x2 is a bail for Dave, or even some basic fearless links are bails for him, and it really seemed like he was trying to make each link unique and hard, which was very entertaining to watch. I think it's fun to watch anybody do this, but the difference is that when most people try, their combos are way shorter.

The other thing that stood out, was that each string had so much good stuff in it, you started to lose track of what happened. Like, he'd have a strong opening combo, but then later in the sealing string there'd be another hard link or combo, such that you actually forgot what was at the start of the string. It's rare that I lose track of what happened in a string, but that happened a few times in this video, which is awesome.

My only critiques are minor, and pretty much just personal preferences. I would have liked to have seen slow-motion on maybe the three hardest tricks (genesis swirl, phasing ss whirling swirl), and I also would have liked either a song over the video, or a mix of song and natural sound. 9 minutes of natural sound is a lot.

Other than those minor critiques, I greatly enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing Dave.

PacLoc
Shredalicious

Post by PacLoc » 14 Dec 2010 09:33

Great video man!

I agree about the music/editing. So since this is such an epic video, can't someone or David do like a remix of the same video with some music/ slow-mo.

Edit: Also is the widescreen FileDropper version already available? I just saw the 2 links to youtube and vimeo, but you mention that the filedropper version is better.
Greg Solis

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 14 Dec 2010 10:23

Holy Farkin' Fluck!

Mo' density than a neutron star. Insane links, half the time I was like there's no way he'll stick that, then I remember it's Dave and the string goes on for another 10 fearless.

One of the absolute best in the sport.
James McCullough

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 14 Dec 2010 10:52

I have actually tried to upload it multiple times to no avail using filedropper. I am sorry if people have been checking it over and over.

The vimeo version is pretty close to the widescreen. There is only a minor size difference in the viewable video range.

For Winter I will upload widescreen to the server in Steve's house for everyone to enjoy.

Thank you.
david

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 19 Dec 2010 18:41

For those of you who donated and are waiting for the extra footage, it will be sent in the next few days. Work has been quite hectic this week.
david

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 19 Dec 2010 20:58

^.....extra footage? Does this only apply to those who donated? 8)

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 20 Dec 2010 13:17

Yes. It is my small way to thank those who donated.
david

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 20 Dec 2010 21:38

This ruled.

I was watching this in a room with some friends (friends who are completely uninterested in footbag, have been forced by me to watch many footbag videos, and see no difference between a butterfly and a DLO) and they stopped and made me start it over because even they could tell this was a person doing something amazing.

Awesome awesome video.
Danny P.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 21 Dec 2010 10:28

The bonus footage is equally amazing. I may have liked it more! It's another 10 minutes. I highly recommend donation!

Psilocybe
Fearless

Post by Psilocybe » 02 Jan 2011 17:07

I agree with Erik. For some reason the extra footage is actually more fun to me. Its perhaps less technical, but the strings are longer and more satisfying. New favorite clavens vid!

And by less technical I mean:
barraging p.drifter > zooming clip > ripwalk > spinning clip > barraging ss whirl > superfly > zooming clip > whisk > ripwalk > stepping ducking p.whirl > mullet > spender

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 02 Jan 2011 20:47

This video is love. Thank you.
Eoghan Patrick Morgan McDowell

defender
Shredalicious

Post by defender » 15 Jan 2011 18:21

Play this video with Lil wayne's best rapper alive song. Clavens really snaps in this video. He is without a doubt one of the worlds greatest athletes. I wish he could be compensated for the amount of work he's put in.
Risden

johnkasta
Shredalicious

Post by johnkasta » 19 Jan 2011 12:42

jay7 wrote:This honestly makes me want to tell Vasek 2004 that maybe he should have eaten more oatmeal.
what Jay said !

There is an extra kick of energy and intensity to your game than in 2006-2009. I never thought that I would watch a video that rips harder than prime Vasek but hell yeah you just did.

Alpine Furious PM ! YES !! :twisted:

Tommy
The Green One

Post by Tommy » 19 Jan 2011 13:32

Oh man Dave!! My how you've progressed since the last time I saw you shred. I really loved that barrage ducking stuff you were doing. Props dude.
Tom Gartland

-Beacon Footbag Coalition-

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 10 Sep 2011 15:35

Bump for possibly the best technical shred video ever released.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

thedudeman
Multidex Master

Post by thedudeman » 10 Sep 2011 19:01

ay errrbody up in the footbag community, deezy (dave) is not playing footbag anymore, or very rarely, everybody start giving him crap for not playing we need to get this footbaggin thuggin OG back in the GAME
we miss you deezy
im connor payne

yall already know it's stanford homie

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 21 Sep 2011 16:06

holy shiznittle bamn..

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 30 Sep 2011 16:26

To David,

I am 38 years old. I have been playing footbag for 11 years. I am not that good and I herniated a disc in my back playing, but I love the challenge and I do enjoy trying every time I try. I have a full-time career, the same job in fact for over 10 years, a house, a wife, and two children, and I still play footbag at least once a week. You have been one of the most influencial persons in my footbag career, which is funny considering you started playing years after I did. I will never judge your priorities, but I will say this - if you foresake footbag, the physical and mental abilities it requires, the community that has welcomed you and come to adore you, you will live with a great void in your life. No, not that void like spinning you know what, but a real longing for something. Take breaks from it when you need to and take care of what is most important to you. But never turn away from a rare opportunity to play when an opportunity presents itself, even if it's just an old footbag friend stopping by for a visit, or an honest and endearing post on modified.

Take care.
Mike Anello
http://www.rochesterfootbag.com
Never give up, unless up is what the customer really wants.

bridbeun
Circle Kicker

Post by bridbeun » 03 Oct 2011 10:27

Longtime 43 yr old lurker & family man here.
I feel the same way that Mike does. The sport of footbag and all your fans are eternally grateful for what you've contributed to this difficult quirky sport. Though we will always be longing for more.

Best,

Brian