Some Austin TX shred.

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
PIMP-C
Shredaholic

Some Austin TX shred.

Post by PIMP-C » 23 Aug 2011 14:41

just a day of kicking in tha ATX- Although there are only 3 kickers in this almost raw shred vid- we are missing a handful of great talent in TX to represent on modified for a sweet showing. anyway I threw this together for us only- but decided to share it in hopes that surrounding states will come visit us in Austin for the sport of it. Cheers kickers! come visit us in Texas!

http://youtu.be/_J97pse4BGw

starring: Mike Stokely, Cody Rushing, and Curtis Taylor.
---Curtis Taylor

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 25 Aug 2011 09:33

nice stuff! I am astounded as to how you guys are outside at all in Texas, much less playing footbag 8O 8O 8O How are you still alive??!

I've heard it's been in the 100's for over 2 months now??? That's just not fair

also, who's playing barefoot? That extends my disbelief of this whole thing.. I imagine it's like kicking on hot coals!
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

PIMP-C
Shredaholic

Post by PIMP-C » 25 Aug 2011 23:39

thats the great Cody Rushing gracefully kicking barefoot- he refuses to wear shoes while shredding- which in my opinion should welcome a whole new kind of freestyle scoring system. And yeah its hot as hell out here. staying in the shade is our only option. also with hot climate women wear less clothing, visit Austin :) we earned sexiest city in America last year!
---Curtis Taylor

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 26 Aug 2011 11:38

Thanks for this footage. I'm not sure I'd ever seen Stokely play before, and I was impressed. Cody footage amazing as usual. Thanks for putting this out!

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 28 Aug 2011 07:13

curtis, you have some real deep whirls. I like 8)
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 30 Aug 2011 11:07

PIMP-C wrote: visit Austin :) we earned sexiest city in America last year!
I am willing to fly out for a day of shredding. Do you live close to the Austin airport? I can take the first flight there and the last flight out. Is this offer on the table?
Mike Green
footblog
kicking since Mar 27, 2011

PIMP-C
Shredaholic

Post by PIMP-C » 30 Aug 2011 12:54

One of the greatest things about Austin is our metro bus system- and I know for a fact that it costs 2 dollars for a 24 hour bus pass. Make sure you ask for a day pass :twisted: you can be anywhere and back as the buses run late at night, thur-sat they run until 4am i believe. - ATX isnt very big, so yes we are all very close- and meeting up isn't such a big deal. Lets plan a shredd !!

here's another brand spankin new video made by a Texas film student trying to capture the art of footbag ( He is an editor looking for athletes to slo-mo and capture the movements they make, and he had no idea what footbag was until he filmed us personally)

http://www.vimeo.com/28295044
Last edited by PIMP-C on 30 Aug 2011 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
---Curtis Taylor

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 30 Aug 2011 13:26

Great public transportation is what I love to hear. Let me know when you guys normally shred. I have class on Monday and Wednesday. I can take 26 work days off every 3 months so let me know which day and I have a 99.9% chance of getting it off.

Where were you guys playing at? Is it a juggling club or something?

The dude in the white button up is a bad-ass.

Great stuff!
Mike Green
footblog

PIMP-C
Shredaholic

Post by PIMP-C » 30 Aug 2011 13:43

yes- to answer your question Mike- every Thursday the Texas juggling society meets up and does their thing from 7-10 pm next to the UT campus -EVERY THURSDAY! - so our club leader Ben talked to them and they welcome our kind!! -it's indoors, A/C, room full of talent, and ideas are praised! we love it! thin carpet/wood floors - just perfect. but if thats not enough?!?! we meet on the weekends too.... so I'm sure we can fit you in :twisted:
---Curtis Taylor

PacLoc
Shredalicious

Post by PacLoc » 31 Aug 2011 08:28

Good to hear you guys are kicking on the regular, don't forget about me down here. I'll be down to meet up for a weekend sometime, so maybe we can plan a jam of some sort. Is Southern Regionals or whatever the tourney is called happening this year?
Greg Solis

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 31 Aug 2011 10:18

The last flight out of Austin to Phoenix is at 6:52pm. The only way I could come is if someone had a floor I could sleep on. :roll:
Mike Green
footblog