Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 2: Aura Session + MC Online Comp!

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
jay7
Flower Child

Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 2: Aura Session + MC Online Comp!

Post by jay7 » 01 Dec 2013 23:01

Greetings Lads and Ladettes of Fizzied!

December 2nd brings you the first video by myself. Out of necessity, due to the frustrations of Italian internet (There is now no wonder why there aren't footbaggers here, btw. They can't get on the internet to tell anyone) I have uploaded one of my favourite videos, which is also the shortest, and naturally smallest in file size. Despite the fact that there is raw Footage included, it simply brings me happiness to watch it.

Story: After the Czech Footbag Camp, Michelle and I took a plane to Sweden, and then a Ferry to Turku. At 6:00 am we then walked to Anssi's flat, rang him and walked up the stairs. Somehow after championing a 7 day drinking spurt, his hangover must of allowed him the power to press the button to let us in. We all collapsed upon entry to the couch, and the next productive thing we managed to do, was eat Kebab, and walk alongside the Aura river and shoot this video. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOMUpjup2mg

If Brooklyn internet speeds have any Christmas Spirit, you shall be getting another video with a bit more competitive nature, later in the day. ;)

This just in :arrow:

Matt Cross Online Competition!

Naturally, this video has as many stories as there are players. But for now, do enjoy the video! Thanks for all of your hard work, competitors!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhsx1yTWDM4
Jay Boychuk

Muffinman
the gimp

Re: Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 2: Aura Session + MC Online Co

Post by Muffinman » 02 Dec 2013 00:58

Blerg. So sexy.
My first thought upon almost finishing the first video was, "This was too short." But after that last run ended I was, like, "There is so much stuff that I didn't catch. Must watch again right now." Super fresh links -- so hot. The thing that really stood out to me the most aside from Jay's creativity and the appropriateness of his BAP name was Anssi's ducking reaper, which I don't think I've ever seen before. And out of that combo too. Amazing shred in this video. I want to be as good as you guys with all my heart.

Zach Jahner has immaculate style.
The first bunch of weird tricks were great. Chris Dean FTW.

Thanks guys!
Joulukalenteri!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 02 Dec 2013 06:06

I submitted 10 fearless for the Sick 10, way back on October 14th. Why wasn't it included in the competition video? I worked really hard to hit that, so I'm pretty disappointed it wasn't included.

Other than that, I really was impressed by the Sick 1s especially. Superfly swirl was beautiful, as was the phasing revup. Also just great to see Zach Jahner footage.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCIDjb-gP4I[/youtube]
Last edited by C-Fan on 02 Dec 2013 06:36, edited 1 time in total.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 02 Dec 2013 06:07

Jay and Anz....... great video...... Jay.....probably my favorite footage of you yet.....great tricks, links, style, difficulty......VERY NICE MAN!!!
Anz.....WOW!> THE LINK>>>>>AND nice symps..... great shred man....

THANKS SO much.

ONline comp
LOVE this video....so many cool things.....the weird one was perfect .....super cool tricks and links all around...... Must say that Nick P's entries possibly stood out the most to be... Jackson.....perfect !!!! Chris..... super cool !!!!!

THANKS MATT !!!
SHRED HARD!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 02 Dec 2013 07:55

Aura:

YESYESYESYESYESYES..YES. YES... YESYESYESYES YES YES YESYESYES. YESSSSSSSSSS. YESYESYAYYESWOWYES YESYES YESYES.

TL;DR: Fuck yes.

No words. Speechless. Yes.

MC Comp: First off, I cracked up when I saw Mike A's socks! Great to see some dope Jahner footage. I think Jackson's Weird 1 was absolutely hilarious.. while editing it, I could not stop laughing. He's also been training with me again recently, so that's been great. Loved Mark's Pixie in the Pants Dance. Chris's Weird 1 was definitely super creative. Props to my crew at PSU for entering this too. Great submissions from you guys and girl. Superfly Swirl was definitely sick. I feel bad that Ken's Sick 10 wasn't included. I thought it was awesome. Nice to see some new faces in this too. And I really liked Dan Boyle's entry for Weird 1. Allen's Sick 3 was top notch. Everyone had some really great stuff. I was kinda disappointed my Weird 1 didn't place higher, because I think mine was the most technical out of all of them. But Jackson's and Chris's were awesome, so whatever.

Great job to everyone who competed.

I wanna go to bed now just so tomorrow will come faster... but I still have to edit my video, so that is not an option :P
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 02 Dec 2013 09:04

Nick, this should make you feel better.

I took Anssi's results from everything except weird 1. Him and Jay didn't collab on results, unfortunately. Jay's results seemed to be more in touch with the spirit of weird one, and, as we know, Anssi's eye for technique and technicality is infallible, so, it seemed to make sense. Here's what Jay posted.

Weird 1 -> Ranking based on difficulty, and unique-ness.
1. Nick Polini
2. Filip
3. Boyle
4. Somolinos
5. Asmus
6. Jahner
7. Ben
8. Warren
9. Monistere
10. Etlinger
11. Chris Dean.
12. Jackson

Weird 1 -> Ranked on how fucking weird it was.
1. Chris Dean. Drunk.
2. Jackson - bird flapping death spray
3. Monistere - Dribble.
4. Polini - Everything everywhere
5. Ben Baby - Roll mirage.
6. Filip - Dragons
7. ASmus -burger.
8.) Warren - dragon whirl
9. Boyle - whirls
10. Somolinos - calf kick
11. Mike Etlinger. Miraging inside.
12. Zach Jahner. Step blink.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 02 Dec 2013 12:19

Blurriest was so gay
SHRED HARD!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 02 Dec 2013 13:24

I need to rewatch Aura again. There was too much in there for me to process in one viewing, though Jay's combo with the HPDs stood out.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote: I was kinda disappointed my Weird 1 didn't place higher, because I think mine was the most technical out of all of them. But Jackson's and Chris's were awesome, so whatever.
I wouldn't read too much into the rankings of Weird 1, considering it's such an incredibly hard event to judge. I mean, just look at the name. What does "weird" entail? Its a very subjective term. Also, "one." As MC mentioned in the original post, the definition for what constitutes a single trick in this competition is pretty generous. My trick was a set, a kick, and then a delay. Technically that's 2 tricks, but I submitted it as a weird one. Weird One also has the added trickiness that most judges haven't hit the tricks involved, so may not be aware of the true difficulty entailed. When Anz and Jay looked at the Sick 1s, Sick3s, and Sick 10s, I bet they knew how hard each trick involved was (and each link involved), because they have hit them themselves. But Weird One? Anz and Jay are great players, but there's definitely a chance they haven't hit all of those tricks (or links in the case of some submissions). I know from experience that body rolls (at least for me) are a lot harder than they seem. My own entry involved a cross body calf kick, which I found to be a lot harder to control than expected.

Anyway, super long winded way of me saying I thought your weird one, as well as many others in this comp, was awesome. Also, don't read too much into where the various Weird Ones ended up, since it's such a hard category to judge in the first place.

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 02 Dec 2013 18:44

Aw man, I laughed so hard at Chris' (Chrises? Chris's?.... Dean's) entry. I think that's my new favorite trick.

Oh ya and Jays video was pretty bomb too. I like when I can watch a video and not be able to follow what every trick is.
Doug Tank

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 03 Dec 2013 16:10

chris dean won all of footbag.

some sick styles in that comp, supe swirl and dimmiest swirl were dope.
Kevin Hogan

BSC