Joulukalenteri & Link of the Day 2014

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Joulukalenteri & Link of the Day 2014

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 30 Nov 2014 19:48

Image by Kevin Hogan

Let the games begin! Let's kick this year off with a ridiculous video from Ken Somolinos, Jim Penske, and Lon Smith. Thank to Ivan Iakimenko for the slick edit.

Enjoy!
https://vimeo.com/113225176

:footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag:

Link of the Day 2014

Finally, to continue Jay's new tradition... Here is my version of Jay's Link of the Day... Now, of course some of Jay's and Anssi's hard links were more difficult than the ones I was able to do. I suck at Furious sets, 4 dexes, linking huge tricks, etc... but.. I think you'll find that what my links are lacking in hardcore difficulty and crazy dexterities, they make up for in technicality.

I wanted to use some fun tricks and some unusual surfaces in this running of LOTD. If you were upset that you couldn't get very far in last year's LOTD, my first 8 days will be more attainable for more players than last year. If you weren't present for last year's LOTD, I'll go over the structure real quick...

First 8 links are "Easy(er)", next 8 are "Medium", and the last 8 are "Hard". See how far you can get and post your footage in the "Link of the Day" video thread I've started in the videos section. Good luck, have fun, and I hope you like my style of LOTD!
Last edited by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic on 01 Dec 2014 21:03, edited 5 times in total.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Re: Joulukalenteri 2014 Day 1: Jim P, Lon S, Ken S

Post by DC Clinks » 30 Nov 2014 19:58

OH BOY.
-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Re: Joulukalenteri 2014 (All videos will be in this thread)

Post by Vraidave » 30 Nov 2014 22:05

Awesome! this years joulukalenteri is a great lead in to the Michigan New Year's Jam, which is gonna be off the chain-hook, and everyone should come.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" ~Isaac Newton

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 01 Dec 2014 01:24

What a way to start the kalenteri (you see how I left the juho away this time... That's how sad I am) I hope you can keep up this level!

Great shred from everyone in day 1, and really nice edit from Ivan, music fits perfectly
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 01 Dec 2014 02:42

Good stuff :!:
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 01 Dec 2014 08:06

Move of the day was that open quantum ss eggbeater. Ridiculous.
Justin Dale
Videos

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 01 Dec 2014 14:07

I second that ^

Such a high bar set for this already. Snappers. All three of 'em were so on par. Super clean edit, and music choice, Ivan.

Sweet hat, Nick. Might cause some laggage if everything is in the opening post.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 01 Dec 2014 14:15

Definitely a nice start to the calendar, and I dug the specialized art that accompanied it.
Derek wrote: Might cause some laggage if everything is in the opening post.
I agree. I liked the way it was set up last year, where each new video got its own video thread, and all the LOTD were in a single thread. Cause when I want to go back and find a video from a past year, its easier to find it in its own thread. For LOTD though, you generally want to see/do them all in one place, so a single thread works best.

Already stoked for the next video!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 01 Dec 2014 18:17

(from Freestyle Footbag Facebook group)

Mathew Woods crazy awesome!
21 hrs · Like

Darren Kautz At the 4:10 mark this just hits a whole new gear. Dang.
21 hrs · Like

Vince Richarson Such motivation, much shred, so style!
20 hrs · Like · 1

Adam Greenwood IT BEGINS!
20 hrs · Unlike · 2

Nick Polini Glad it's gotten so many views already! One thing I ask is that people try to avoid JUST using the "like" button. The people who submitted videos put SO much extra time and energy into filming and editing their parts, and I really think they deserve at least a "Thank you" rather than a "click like". Thanks everyone
20 hrs · Like

Derek Littlefield Dude, Frantic Egg >Denseness? I think I love you.
19 hrs · Like

Radoslaw Turek holy shit
19 hrs · Like

Caroline Birch Great way to start the calendar I'm predicting that Ivan might get a few more credits for editing. Thanks guys!
18 hrs · Like · 1

Alexander Trenner what a great start in december, thanks. loved the summer vibes on this dark winter morning here.
18 hrs · Like

Ken Moller Awesome!!
18 hrs · Like

Marco Hartig Nice one! Great stuff all around! Another instant classic made by Ivan. Shred was unreal
16 hrs · Like

Sergio Garcia Awesome, thank you very much
16 hrs · Like

Erik Chan Great stuff. Could watch these guys all day. Thanks Ivan and Nick
15 hrs · Like · 1

Jay Moldenhauer Sick Stuff!
13 hrs · Like

Khoa Dao Anh Nguyen Such an amazing video. Thank you all for this!
13 hrs · Like

Anthony Raymond Intemann superb
13 hrs · Like

Cass Taylor Wow!!! I wasn't expecting such a slick video on the very first day! Great shred and edit. Thanks guys!
13 hrs · Like

Kevin Hogan needs to be about 17 minutes longer
12 hrs · Unlike · 2

Mark Monistere SO HAPPY ITS HERE!!!! great job guys.....Lon.....loved the runs, the alpine blur, the symp whilring swirl with you face close to hitting the rail, the fearless and links from Jim, and Ken..... you earn the WHAT THE HELL out loud trophy.....GREAT job man Also mega fearless in there
11 hrs · Like · 2

Mikie Etlinger sweet! Everyone killed it!
10 hrs · Like

Tasia Lyn Awesome crew killer footage very fun
9 hrs · Like

Mike Toolan +1 on the extra 17 minutes. Excellent video.
9 hrs · Like

Vjačeslav Sidorin hura, first video arrived! 23 to go!)
9 hrs · Like

Vjačeslav Sidorin nice shred everyone!
9 hrs · Like

Paul Gressett I LOVE 60 FPS! Loved how excited Ken looked when Jim hit swirling Torque. That swirling set was so nice all by itself. The bag is set really high & isn't spinning. Maybe gets a half of a rotation before it's caught on the torque. Too much more to say... I'll say more later.
8 hrs · Like · 2

Richard Reese What a Great Shred spot! On the deck I was hoping no shanks as the bag would go flying into the water lol.. All these years later Jim, Lon and Ken Still Killin' it!! Thanks NP!
8 hrs · Like · 1

Ken Somolinos For most of the session on the tennis courts, we were using a comically large demo bag. I was amazed Jim got off such a great swirl set using a bag like that. Glad everybody is enjoying the video. Props to Ivan on the edit.
8 hrs · Like · 4

Mark Monistere Yes .. I noticed that the swirl before the torque was as clean as it's gonna get
7 hrs · Like · 2

Richard Reese Ken what was that first trick of your 2nd combo? Looked like some fakie Eggbeater it was crazy! Nemesis/ barflyswirl at the end was great. What is Barraging Same ddown called? That's tough to clean but JP did it. Lon's combos are just So Unique, loved ...See More
7 hrs · Like · 4

ÁlEb Farkas Wow, amazingly nice way to start this season! Thank you guys!
7 hrs · Like · 1

Vince Richarson Richard barraging ss ddown = archnemesis, and I'm trying to wrap my head around Ken's trick too. (you're talking about the one at ~1:26 right?)
7 hrs · Edited · Like

Ken Somolinos Furious DDD is archnemesis, invented by Sunil (name suggested by me). My trick is a ss butterfly symposium reverse swirling toe (like a butterfly symp blink), which I invented around 2003 and named "WHAT?!?"
7 hrs · Like · 6

Richard Reese Exactly
7 hrs · Like · 1

Richard Reese What?!? Lol super cool trick
7 hrs · Like · 1

Mathieu Gauthier sick first video
7 hrs · Like

Jakub Mościszewski sick beggining of joulukalenteri
6 hrs · Like

Nicholas Pasquarello I love this time of year Thanks universe. And especially Jim, Ken, Lon, Nick, and Ivan
4 hrs · Like · 2

Nick Landes Thanks for putting this together, I loved the first installment. All three players were looking pretty on-top of their game and have unique styles, which made for a diverse and excellent video
3 hrs · Like · 4

Nick Polini Hey guys, so pumped the first video got this much attention Very awesome. Day 2 airing in 4 hours!
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 01 Dec 2014 21:00

Alright, guys and gals, lets keep this ball of awesomeness rolling with Day TWO! Today, we have some older, yet unreleased and never before seen footage of Justin Dale. I watched this many times after he gave it to me. I told myself I wasn't gonna shred tonight, but after watching this several times in a row tonight after work, I laced up and had a dope session JUST before posting this. These sweat drips ruining my keyboard are dedicated to you, Justin. Phat video. I hope you all enjoy!

Edit: I wish you luck in your recovery, Justin. Hope to see you back in full action sooner than later. Best wishes.
:footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag:

Link of the Day!

This one will take a bit of balance!
Nick Polini

Funblog

Wiktor
Multidex Master

Re: Joulukalenteri & Link of the Day 2014

Post by Wiktor » 02 Dec 2014 03:24

Oh man... Jim and Lon go fearless soo easily!!!

Justin, nice to see that you still shred really hard. Props!
Wiktor Debski

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 02 Dec 2014 03:41

Really nice video, made me want to shred. Guess I'll go punch the clock and go shred now! Keep them coming, so far so good!
mäcrö hartig

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 02 Dec 2014 20:33

(From facebook)

Ivan Iakimenko Comments are cool, and so is this throwback. It's a shame we don't get more Justin Dale footage nowadays.
23 hrs · Unlike · 1

Derek Littlefield SO thought this was new, till I read err'thang. Darn, but still RAD.
23 hrs · Like

Justin Dale Yesterdays video was so great, that would be a tough act to follow, I'd hate to be that person...oh wait...D'oh.
23 hrs · Unlike · 8

Khoa Dao Anh Nguyen Oh my god I could literally remember those clips at Gasworks. Literally if you pan the camera a little to the left you could see me with my ball struggling to juggle (it's that period haha) lol.
This video reminded me so much of the crazy good times we Seattle freestyle footbaggers and freestyle footballers had together lol.
Hopefully one day we will convene again.
And dang man I mean there was that time when I did that Goodbye Seattle video when I highlighted you doing 12 Blurry Whirls and thought it was good lol. These footages though blew that out of the park completely man. Seriously I knew that you were good even back in my days in Seattle, but I can only appreciate how good you are now when I have a good foundation in trick names and difficulties and things like that. And some of these strings were absolutely jaw dropping man! What's more, you did it with such a smooth style. I watched your earlier footages in the videos of the old days, including the Fourkast ones that Red posted, and I can testify on how good your form looks now compared to then man. You have come a long way!
I hope to see you in action again soon man! You're the man!

P/S: that indoor training place, haha I remember a clip there one time shortly after I left where Cole and Noah practiced there with you lol. Those were the days
23 hrs · Edited · Like

Ethan Red Husted Awesome, good stuff
22 hrs · Like · 1

Richard Reese Last combo was awesome!! 4 6's to start then lots more then you fell JD lol just plain fun!! gets me pumped! I still like Blender from a toe into stepping anything thanks again NP!
22 hrs · Unlike · 2

Reilley Adamson Justin, so thankful I've gotten to know you over the past few years. Killed it.
21 hrs · Like · 1

Mike Toolan Man, I wish I had that speed. And that stepping ducking. Sick video.
21 hrs · Like

Evan Gatesman wow. awesome sauce man. I remember hearing about you coming to vegas jam in 200...3? and you were definitely one of the big names! way to follow up so many years later
20 hrs · Like

Paul Gressett Yes, I had thought something very similar to Justin Dale, I wouldn't want to be the follow up to Standing still, but this is Justin Dale! You were a huge influence to me when I first started footbag in 04. I'd watch the videos of you that were on the freedom footbags site and get stoked. At worlds 07, you were one of the first shredders I recognized and I was having a starstruck moment. So to me, this is a GOOD follow up to Standing still. Loved all the drifter heavy shred, super duper high & clean pixie ducking, controlled difficult links to continued shred strings. And on and on...Thank you for this contribution Justin!
19 hrs · Like · 1

Mathieu Gauthier I agree not enough JD footage ! Thanks for this!
17 hrs · Like

Erik Chan great shred justin thank you
17 hrs · Like

Marco Hartig Wicked video! Props to jd for beeing good at this!
16 hrs · Like

Cass Taylor cool!
16 hrs · Like

Alexander Trenner good shred, those four 6s were sick.
15 hrs · Like

Ken Somolinos Last string was super epic. Nice surprise to see peak Dr. J in this year's calendar. Really good stuff!
14 hrs · Like · 1

Sergio Garcia I loved the first two tricks
14 hrs · Like

Zach Jahner Sweet Justin video. That beast run is sick. Not only are you on point in this video. It is probably the smoothest I have ever seen you play
14 hrs · Edited · Like · 2

Darren Kautz And more shred goodness. December is off to a very fine footbag start!
13 hrs · Like

Ianek Regimbald good shred, i like your blenders.
13 hrs · Like

Skyler Lon Smith A lot of the pauses between music and shred works real well to make the start of the next shred more intense. There's 8 fearless in there that kept surprising me with another 5 as did the 3rd and 4th 6 pointer in a row. Great job.
11 hrs · Like · 2

Cory Allen Smooth as ever
11 hrs · Like

Mark Monistere damn….beast mode
7 hrs · Like
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 02 Dec 2014 20:59

Hurry up and go pee, get ready for Day 3! Because the \m/ichigan club is straight up OG!

Zach Jahner, Anton Britting, and Adam Keith cooking up some gnarly breakfast with tasty Eggbeaters and super-sharp Blenders in someone's kitchen!

Also a little advertisement for New Years Jam in Ann Arbor, MI on the weekend of January 3-4. These 3 will be your hosts for the weekend, so here's a nice way to get acquainted with them.

Enjoy!
:footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag:

Link of the Day: 3

This one shouldn't be too tough for a lot of you :D Let's see some more mimics on this link. Some of you guys have been doing great mimics on the first 2 days! Props! Here's LOTD 3...
Last edited by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic on 03 Dec 2014 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Lycanthrope
BSOS Beast

Post by Lycanthrope » 02 Dec 2014 21:38

Wow! so awesome! The first three days have all been fantastic. I'm excited for the next 22!

I'm proud of my homies. we've made it so far together.

:mrgreen:
Evan 'OP' Gatesman

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 02 Dec 2014 22:46

Day 3 was super cool as well! I'd be hesitating to touch anything in that kitchen right after shred sessions tho :D peanutbutter-jelly-sweat samichis :D also a great way to promote a tournament
mäcrö hartig

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 03 Dec 2014 03:13

I loved the vibe of day 3, looks like a fun sess!
Mathieu Gauthier

Anton
Shredalicious

Post by Anton » 03 Dec 2014 07:28

Thanks for the kind words fellas! Hope to see you all at New Year's Jam January 3 &4th 2015!
\m/ichigan shreds

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 03 Dec 2014 13:56

all days have been great so far! Cool that my drawing made the request for Zach to hit mobius to pswhril in day three!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 03 Dec 2014 20:49

Vince Richarson Michigan represent!
23 hrs · Like

Derek Littlefield Hyped to be playing with you dudes. Anton is looking funky fresh, all them Atomics. Dug the Eggs vs DLOs ya did Zach And how is this the first Adam Keith footage I've seen? Those Illusions, and that flow. Snap.
23 hrs · Like

Justin Dale Looks like a good spot for really fun sessions. I would have a blast schooling in that kitchen.
Great shred.
21 hrs · Like · 3

Sergio Garcia Anton! what have you done since Paris????? did you get some polish watter?? Props!!!
21 hrs · Like · 2

Cass Taylor Hey, I've been in that kitchen before!! Hella stoked to come back for another visit! Great shred and nice edit. See you guys at NYJ!!!
17 hrs · Like · 2

Paul Gressett Being from Michigan, I am somewhat biased, but hear me out. This video reminds me off the shred room sesh with Boychuk, Suderman and Sundberg, where all of them hit nuke ducking bsos. Here's why. So much high level of shred in one room by three shredders. GEE WHIZ, to think this level of shred is happening approximately 4 hours from my home, dad blame it, I'm missing out HARD! music went well with the short powerful clips. Visually and audibly Explosive. This is a small taste of how we will remember NYJ after its has happened. BOOM!
16 hrs · Like · 2

Erik Chan Always amazing style from Zach. I didn't realize Anton was hitting such dense stuff! And great to see Adam back at it. One of my favourites parts too was the brief shots of everyone's faces at the end. Thanks guys
15 hrs · Like · 2

Nick Polini I liked the part with the footbag
15 hrs · Like · 1

Paul Gressett As opposed to the brief shots of their faces?
15 hrs · Like · 1

Nick Polini I liked that part too
15 hrs · Like · 1

Wiktor Dębski Zach got solid style.
15 hrs · Like

Michigan Footbag Much appreciated ladies and gents! Hope to see ya'll at the New Year's Jam this coming January 3rd and 4th!!! Come early, stay late, all are welcome!!!
13 hrs · Like

Adam Keith Thanks for all the props. Derek Littlefield the reason this is the first footage you have seen of me is that there is very little out there. I've never had a good camera for getting video, especially when I was most active from 2001-4. Erik Chan I've been playing regularly for again about 2 years and my fundamentals and consistency are better than they ever were, so it feels great!
12 hrs · Unlike · 4

Daniel Boyle you guys made great use of a fairly small space. That was fun to watch.
8 hrs · Like

Nick Landes such great form and style form all three players. Zach Jahner, I know it has been a while since we have kicked, but damn you are looking on top of your game! I cant wait to meet the other people at MINYJ this year, it should be off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8 hrs · Unlike · 3

Ken Somolinos Great to see Adam playing at a high level still. I remember shredding with you back at 2001 East Coast champs, which was like 20 years ago. Zach's style is as good as I remember, and Anton keeps getting better and better. Thumbs up.
7 hrs · Like · 3

Kyle Shane Cook A lot of cool stuff in here. Cant wait to see you all at NYJ
6 hrs · Like · 2

Kevin Hogan zach has such a classic style.
3 hrs · Like · 3

Khoa Dao Anh Nguyen I love videos where people just staying in such a small space and still pulling out crazy combos like this. Awesome stuff guys!
2 hrs · Like · 1

Adam Keith Yeah Ken, doesn't feel that long ago but it has been quite a while
1 hr · Like
Nick Polini

Funblog