Joulukalenteri & Link of the Day 2014

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Joulukalenteri & Link of the Day 2014

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 07 Dec 2014 19:43

Wiktor's ending reminded me of when I was in high school and our spanish classes took a trip to Mexico. Then in Acapulco, we would let the waves carry us in quickly and knock down locals like we were bowling for humans. It was hilarious because it always looked like an accident. No one got hurt. Anyway...

Ianek Regimbald good to see footage from both of them. but damn, Montreal is covered in snow right now, can't wait for summer to come back.
21 hrs · Like · 1

Mathieu Gauthier nice views on both ends of the world!
14 hrs · Like · 1

Cass Taylor Nick, you're such a goof. You've managed to get me more stoked for the calendar than any other year ever so huge props for that! Both these videos were really nice! Definitely wishing I was somewhere a little warmer right now..
14 hrs · Unlike · 3

Nick Polini Glad you guys have been enjoying this day. Cass, thanks for the kind words I just like to include "stoke" and humor in everything I do. I thought it would be fun to go ham with it in the calendar, to make it more fun and a new adventure each day. I've got some surprises this year that are slightly new to the Joulukalenteri, as well.
9 hrs · Like · 2

Paul Gressett Daniel Boyle Showing us where you learned to shred was a super gift to me. I LOVE THAT nostalgia type historical landmarks in footbag. Nick Polini did a short video about where he learned about footbag as well. Intriguing...
7 hrs · Like

Paul Gressett Wiktor, your first Symposium run was really inspiring. I want to copy it one day. Actually there is So much good symposium in this video. Really nice. Pay some attention to the sky in this video because if you do it makes the ending SO COOL! NICE WORK!
4 hrs · Like

Erik Chan Fun
Very uplifting videos. Loved the scenery in the first one.
3 hrs · Like

Zach Jahner Loved both of these videos. Dan, you have the best looking butterflies. Especially your near butterflies. Wiktor Dębski very cool video. I've always been a fan of your game and the power your style has. That's probably the most unique ending of a run ever!
2 hrs · Like · 1
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 07 Dec 2014 20:59

Here we go, Day 8! Today is brought to us by our Russian and Ukranian friends :) This one is really cool. Has a lot of great shred in it. I'd personally love to see a lot more footage from this group in the future. In this video, we have (order of appearance) Dmitry Afanasiev, Viktor Osmanov, Andrey Romanov, Slava Sidorin (who also edited this and sent it to me), Vika Skvortsova, and Ivan Taranov. ...That was difficult for an american to type. However, this video is not difficult for an american or anyone in the world to watch. Such sweet and various styles from everyone. I kind of wish it was longer. I am now holding out until this club posts more footage. Fun video, cool song, easy watching, and totally sick shred. Digg it, people.
:footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag:

Link of the Day

This was really fun to hit. The tricks flow nicely together and sort of feel like the second one builds off of the first one. Welcome to your first 5 ADD in the LOTD ;) Today is the last *Easy* level LOTD. It gets significantly more complex from this point on. BUT! That also means the links get more fun and more fun to watch! Good luck! Merry jollydays!

Side note: Doing this link in pants really really really sucks.

*Warning*: Headphone-users, listen at low volume.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Victor Osmanov
Circle Kicker

Post by Victor Osmanov » 08 Dec 2014 03:07

Nick,thanks a lot for coments . We'll try to do more new videos .
Every summer we are to do Crimea Footbag Jam . And if you want to come - WELCOME )

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 08 Dec 2014 03:44

great video on day 8. cool to see mother russia still has freestylers :P

NICK: can you spell out that first trick on the lotd, pretty please. is this pixie far rake or is there a swirl in this as well? the name really throws me off...
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Dec 2014 05:25

Pixie Far Rake, Marco. And thanks Victor, I'd love to go some day :)
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Dec 2014 05:27

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Pixie Far Rake, Marco. And thanks Victor, I'd love to go some day :)
And I think when I get home, I go through and clearly describe the tricks for lotd in the youtube description.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Wiktor
Multidex Master

Post by Wiktor » 08 Dec 2014 11:39

Wow. I have never senn Dmitry before - cool style.
The flip clipper could have shorter delay, but it's very controlled.
Tricks like Gyro Dyno were nice.

Of course we know Andrey's game :D Always a pleasure to watch.
Wiktor Debski

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 08 Dec 2014 13:21

sweet videos! i really like todays link of the day

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Dec 2014 18:26

Edit: Point disproven.
Mathieu Gauthier impressive stuff from some people we rarely see footage from!
17 hrs · Like

Cass Taylor Great stuff, thanks!
15 hrs · Like

Erik Chan Nice stuff. Loved the angle on the whirring swirl -- nice dexes! The first player reminded me of my own game a bit. Fun taste of a bunch of players
15 hrs · Like

Mike Wilson Nice
13 hrs · Unlike · 1

Skyler Lon Smith That Neo(Shut set from inside) backspun mirage(gyro mirage) that ends in an inside stall is absolutely wonderful. That first player slows the bag down so impressively you never know what he's gunna hit next!
10 hrs · Like · 1

Richard Reese Nick thanks for all the hard work! I agree the Whirr Swirl was Sweet! Regarding link of the day.. I believe Swerve was invented from a clipper start to a drifter set rake Not from the toe start but Maybe things have changed? Darkwalk is Tough!!
8 hrs · Unlike · 1

Ianek Regimbald nice video, i definitely want to see more footage from those guys.
14 mins · Unlike · 1

Nick Polini Richard Reese, Maybe something got mixed up in the footbag game of "whisper down the lane". This is where I got it from: https://crypto.stanford.edu/~blynn/footbag/moves.html

Go to the 4 ADD section, find Pixie XBD Rake

"Pixie XBD Rake (Swerve)"
Footbag Moves
I generated this list by applying a few search-and-replace operations on a list I found on the web. It uses the notation described here.
CRYPTO.STANFORD.EDU
7 mins · Like · Remove Preview
Last edited by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic on 09 Dec 2014 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Dec 2014 20:58

Hot ham, we're already hitting on Day 9! I'm gonna keep this one brief because the video is a real prop-dropper/BOP-chopper/top-popper. Prepare yourself for the dynamic duo, Ken Somolinos & Evan Gatesman (or as I like to call them: "Kevan Gatesmolatesman") to take your head for a spin around "WTF Land". Point is: This is a freaking sick video. Also, sound track is dope. Great choice, Ken. I love Matt & Kim. It's best that you just tell everyone to leave the room and/or shut up, then watch this alone where you can yell at your computer in peace.

Day 9: UNLV (Unbelievably Nasty Links, Vinny) Shred is gonna wreck you...
:footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag:

Link of the Day

Say hello to the first *Medium* level LOTD. This one is really fun, but could be challenging. I love zooming out of this first trick. Now you will too. ...or maybe you'll just hate me for it :P Gon' get 'em!
Nick Polini

Funblog

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 09 Dec 2014 02:58

i just have no words for what i just saw.... taking a strol on wtf-lane! crazy video, thanks for beeing so good ken and evan!
mäcrö hartig

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 09 Dec 2014 03:20

crazy stuff from ken and evan!
Mathieu Gauthier

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 09 Dec 2014 20:42

Nick Polini Stop what you're doing and watch this...
23 hrs · Unlike · 3

Mathew Woods awesome!
23 hrs · Like

Ethan Red Husted Sweeeeet
22 hrs · Like · 1

Richard Reese Holy Freakin Shit!! I must have said wtf was that 10 times! Wtf Lol lmao EG hits some crazy ass shit thanks again Nick I'm watchin' again!
22 hrs · Like

Caroline Birch Hell yeah!! I simply love Evan and Ken and this video is ridiculously sick. Careful Nick - Ken Somolinos is the mayonnaise-man.
22 hrs · Unlike · 1

Paul Gressett I cannot speak for Caroline, but I'm only saying this because I'm a "nobody": Ken Somolinos is the Mayonnaise-man.
20 hrs · Unlike · 1

Taishi Ishida Sick!
19 hrs · Like · 1

Erik Chan So great. Some of the revuppy tricks and combos were my favourite from both
17 hrs · Like · 1

Cass Taylor WOW! That was FUCKING INSANE. DUDE. Shit.
17 hrs · Like · 1

Sergio Garcia Holly shit! when Ken hit blurry egg beater to pixie DLO and he was so happy I thought: why? that is nothing to him? and then he shows the snickers bar...
16 hrs · Like · 2

Sergio Garcia so sick BUT i am still waiting for one trick...
16 hrs · Like · 2

Paul Gressett Word up to Sergio Garcia on both points.
16 hrs · Like · 2

Ianek Regimbald well, that's hardcore shredding!
15 hrs · Like · 1

Mike Wilson Killer. I'm diggin' JOULUKALENTERI '14 so far!
15 hrs · Like

Adam Keith You guys are really fun to watch. Great video!
14 hrs · Like · 1

Mark Monistere One of my favorite videos yet.. Really awesome variety and density from both players. Ken , much like a fine wine gets better with age. Way to be on top of your game. I hope I'm as good as you when I'm as old as you ... There was a couple links I'm deathly going to have to watch again. Mega props on the snickers
14 hrs · Like · 3

Darren Kautz I really like videos where I think "WTF?" then have to back up again and rewatch. In this case it's a three and a half minute video that took me 20 minutes to watch. Very nice!
13 hrs · Like · 5

Justin Dale Genesis is such a gratifying move. More than nemesis. Also love the tomahawks. Great move to add to your game. Gatesman continues to hit combos I've never seen before. So fresh.
12 hrs · Like · 2

Derek Littlefield Gatesman had some links that melted my brain. That Snickers combo, though. Throwing down some heat, Ken. Pig, pig, pig, pig.
8 hrs · Like · 1

Zach Jahner I love how ken eyes someone down at during one of his runs. Evans swirl combos ridiculous.
6 hrs · Like · 4

Vjačeslav Sidorin Good work both of you! Shred on
5 hrs · Like · 1

David Owen Beyers the gyro blink>pixe muted motor trick!
2 hrs · Like

Evan Gatesman gryo revup* thanks for viewing, my friends Shred soon!
2 hrs · Like · 1
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 09 Dec 2014 21:01

We've come a long way... Day 10.. Wow. Kind of hard to believe. So on Day 10, I've decided to do something a little interesting. It's not as hardcore shred as the Gatesmolatesman video from yesterday, but I didn't want the calendar to be all HARDCORE SHRED this year. I wanted a good chunk to be that, of course, but I also wanted to show how hard some of the up and comers have been pushing. Today, we have 3 videos all from up and comers of the sport, all 3 are pushing Guiltless, all with pretty unique styles. Today's theme is "Up and Comers", starring Derek Littlefield (who is a giant toe) from California, Steve Lanza from Illinois, and Antonio Pirrotta from Vancouver BC, Canada.

Please give these guys some props. I'm sure we'll be seeing these dudes crush heads with their shreds in the not-so-distant future. Congrats on getting so far in the sport guys. I hope you all continue to improve and push your games as far as possible.

Enjoy.

Derek Littlefield: Steve Lanza: Antonio Pirrotta:
:footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag:

Link of the Day

Shout out to Nathan Bonslaver on this voice. Totally inspired by him. An LOTR LOTD, if you will. Anyway, this link is super stylish, in my opinion. If you can pull this one off, I'd like to see footage. Love love love this combo.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 10 Dec 2014 02:47

Great shred. That guy with triple ATWs could probably go for a quad if he learns the technique before he loses his speed. :)
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 10 Dec 2014 04:00

i hope everyone sticks to it, loads of talent right here, in one post! great work you guys. was really impressed by derek, such solid toe game, time to get some clippers going and hes gonna get far! also it was nice to see that steven did a contrasty video :P lots of clippers. good work everyone, keep it going!
mäcrö hartig

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 10 Dec 2014 20:20

It's a bummer that some of the "not so hardcore" shred videos in the calendar have not been getting as manny comments as the hardcore shred vids. Even a "Thanks for making the video" could be nice. But maybe people were just busy. I think you guys all did awesome and some people hit the nail right on the head with "I think it's good to have intermediate level players in the calendar". That's why I did it. Use this point as a place-marker and push past it, guys. Hope to see you 3 make hardcore shred vids in the future.

Ken Somolinos Yeah Derek! Looking sharp!
22 hrs · Like · 1

Steven Lanza that was awesome! What a great group, thanks for letting me be a part of this Nick!!
21 hrs · Like

Derek Littlefield Thanks Ken! Glad there is multiple videos. Steven, I want ya Whirls. Kung, those Triple ATWs. Antonio, them Butters, yo.
21 hrs · Like

Vince Richarson Derek you're killin it! Steven you've improved a LOT since i last saw you man. Kung... triples? So nice. Antonio smooth and consistent. Another great addition to the calendar.
21 hrs · Like

Daniel Boyle Those triples were super smooth. Great work to all, excellent to see some massive improvements from everyone.
20 hrs · Like
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 10 Dec 2014 20:58

Welcome to day 11! Day 11's video comes from Mathieu Gauthier, of QC, Canada. Mat has been doing something few players have ever done before. He's currently been playing footbag every single day for around 400 days in a row! He plans to cut this streak sometime around the New Year, but I assume he'll keep playing regularly. This is Day 392 for him. Some really great links and tricks from Mat in this video. I love the dude's Rev Swirl tricks. He was one of the people to inspire me to learn them better. Thanks for that, Mat. Your style and game has really been a great influence on me and I'm sure plenty of other players. Keep it up, man. Hope to see you continue ripping in the future.

Please enjoy this video:

*Warning*: Those are not Butterfly SWIRLS... Watch closely...

Link of the Day

I originally wanted a FS Fog, instead of FS Blur, but my pants told me to shut up and be happy with what I have. And since, that's the true spirit of Christmas, I listened to my pants. This link is definitely not too easy anyway. Very fun, but not very easy... Give it a whack, eh? Have fun with this one.. or if you can't hit it, work up to it :D

Oh and 103 "imaginary" BONUS points if you're the first to name the voice :P
Nick Polini

Funblog

Steve Lanza
Hack Fiend

Post by Steve Lanza » 10 Dec 2014 21:15

sick link, oh its meatwad from aqua teen hunger force yeah?

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 10 Dec 2014 21:54

Dang it, just checked out the Link video and heard the voice. Steven totally nailed it.

"Make the homies say "ho!" and the girlies wanna scream"
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield