Joulukalenteri & Link of the Day 2014

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Joulukalenteri & Link of the Day 2014

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 21 Dec 2014 21:05

Aaaannndddd Kevin is back at the graphix...

Hey everyone, time for Day 22! Day 22 is coming at you from another really good friend of mine, Matt Kemmer. This kid shreds hard. Very beautiful style and execution. I find that you can watch Kemmer play and just let his shred flow wash over you and it's very refreshing to see how crisp and clean all of his tricks are. Some gnarly links and runs in this video. You might want to go back and rewatch this actually, because Matt makes everything look too easy, because of his style... When you go back, you'll realize he's hitting some insane combos and links that might have escaped you the first watch. I was really excited he participated again this year. I just love watching him play. This video is awesome. Take a look and enjoy! Features Matt in a hat and Matt saying bad words.

Matt Kemmer: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag:

Link of the Day

This one is super dope. Another one of my favorites, for sure. There is a stupid little joke in here for Kevin Crowley. Not sure if he'll remember where it's from though. Oh well, fun tricks fun tricks
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Wiktor
Multidex Master

Post by Wiktor » 22 Dec 2014 02:56

Nick! What a link!

I remember shredding with Matt few years ago, it seems that he focused on style more than on going too hard.
Good decision in this case.
Wiktor Debski

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 22 Dec 2014 04:02

nice flow as usual by Matt!

loved it
Mathieu Gauthier

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 22 Dec 2014 08:31

ok.....i am behind on the calendar and posting, and currently injured so im not playing, but today had time and got up to see THIS VIDEO..
ok.... first . DAMN! to be honest i had on radiohead during it the first time... but ...it went well..
the shred is really really good. I mean realllllly good. Form wise I felt in many way I just got schooled. The upper body is so controlled and relaxed at the same time. i like the selection of links and how bops were only used one trick at a time to link to more density. I LOVE how Matt's hands are almost perfect with not turning in .... It was really hard for me to find it but if im correct his right hand never turns in and his left does only on certain links not all the time... it was actually PERFECT for most of the time. It makes me wonder if its just because we all have different body types and timing will be different , but this is a reminder to me to slow the F-c- down .
for some reason while watching this i thought of Big Add Chad and Nick Lan.... < (i put dots on his name because if you say it out loud, you turn into sand) . The couple of times i thought your timing was closer to mine you immediately dropped... oh shit .... so Damn sir.....good job.... I liked the execution on scorps alot. sweet
Thanks for making me realize something in my own shred that i need to attend to . :)

as far as links......NIck....this one is pretty siiiick man. this one is one of my favorites from you.... you should bsos this ... I challenge you to hit ..
marius > spinning ducking blink>trick of choice below>rpt
choices... pixie torque, atomic ss butterfly, symp atomic ripstein, phasing opp butterfly, ducking opp whirl, atomic ss twirl, pixie paradon. DO IT ... me no play right now...you play....do ti
SHRED HARD!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 22 Dec 2014 09:10

I too have fallen woefully behind on watching all the videos. It's not just the number that are coming out, but with the length and density of them all, it's a lot to process.

Some quick hits:

:arrow: Loved the Clavens video, especially the Evan Gatesman combos. My favorite link though was the whirling pdx egg-open paradon swirl. And of course the triple dex drill, and the whirls drills linked together. Sick.

:arrow: Brian's video...I'm still processing it. It really blew my mind. At this stage I feel safe saying that it's the best footage I've ever seen of him. Some really next level shit. Probably the most surprising video of the calendar for me to be honest. Great song choice too. I need to watch this several more times to properly process it.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 22 Dec 2014 21:01

These are words

Derek Littlefield Man, I can watch the Kemm-dog shred FOR-EV-ER. So smooth.
23 hrs · Like
Ivan Iakimenko If I had to choose between a table, a paint can and Daniel Carey to film, I'd choose Dan 9 times out of 10. I've watched this video 4 times and it's still awesome.
22 hrs · Like · 2
Caroline Birch Beautiful to watch Something extra special about musicians - great flow and rhythm. And the green and red paint job on the wall makes it extra Christmasy
22 hrs · Like · 1
Jakub Mościszewski i love matthew's style
21 hrs · Like
Ian Brill LOTD is so sick too.
20 hrs · Like
Ianek Regimbald great links! and execution is pretty much perfect.
16 hrs · Like
Paul Gressett Control. Style. Balance. Execution. Flow. If you could teach me one thing at NYJ, I'd like you to teach me how you trained to be so controlled and stylish. I'd like to sign up for that class.
13 hrs · Like
Mike Wilson Killer LOTD! The Christmas video is nice as well.
12 hrs · Like
Dante Diotallevi I really like Matt's gyro DLOs and the way he sticks his clippers. scorpion's tall->ps egg is a phenomenal link and he makes it look easy!
8 hrs · Like
Ethan Red Husted Nice
7 hrs · Like
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 22 Dec 2014 21:14

I just woke up from a nap, so sorry I'm a little late. I am having a blast doing this calendar, but man, Santa is looking forward to falling asleep before midnight soon haha

Anyway, without further ado, I bringeth you a dope video. This is an epic one, if you like to watch Evan Gatesman. As well watch this video that Ivan made of Evan and Ken Somolinos and Jeff Overbo. There is also going to be another video "TRAILER" soon, so watch out for that and you'll have to check back in if you don't see it, because Ivan will be a little late with that, since he's currently editing his little paws away on it. Here it is: "Evan Gatesman, Ken Somolinos, Jeff Overbo: No Luck Just Vegas"

Woops, Ivan just sent me this, and he wants me to post it to explain things:

Ivan Iaimenko:

"When I learned I had the opportunity to edit the video for day 23 I was ecstatic – Especially because I had been sitting on a pile of Evan Gatesman footage for the better part of two months. Him and I have been working together during the past few weeks to put together something special that reflects his incredible accomplishments in the game with the quality of the edit. Unfortunately I was unable to finish up the video in a timely manner for day 23, so instead I offer you two videos – one a fun edit that I put together as a back up, and the second a quick teaser for the MASSIVE Evan video I’ve been working on. If you think the stuff in that 1:20 long video is insane, the footage I’m working with right now is absolutely insane. And yes, there is a Swirling Whirring Swirl. Thank you all for your patience, and hope you enjoy day 23!"

I havent read it yet because I'm tired, but I will soon. Here is the video for the first one:

No Luck Just Vegas: Evan Gatesman EPIC Trailer: Link of the Day

Today is pretty special for me. I taught myself how to do this hard Blurry move out of Spender for this one. It is completely and utterly inspired by Gatesman. You might recall a link that Gatesman hit in that awesome video Ken made for him a few years ago.I told myself I would hit it eventually, but I wanted to give it my own "twist"... I think Evan might be the only one who can hit this LOTD. Prove me wrong.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Wiktor
Multidex Master

Post by Wiktor » 23 Dec 2014 03:12

Swirl-Whirl-Whirl-Swirl. No, it's not 4 tricks. :D
Wiktor Debski

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 23 Dec 2014 04:03

wtfwasthat
Mathieu Gauthier

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 23 Dec 2014 04:37

Wtf.... Did I just see... Whats coming on day 24? This was maybe the most grueling teaser ever, can't wait for the rest!

As allways, Ivan, great work with the edit. To the players, you are a pleasure to watch play kicky-bag
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Dec 2014 20:52

Steven Lanza yesss
22 hrs · Like
Richard Reese Swirling Whirr Swirl is Insane! Lod's have been really good too!
22 hrs · Like · 2
Ethan Red Husted Love it
22 hrs · Like
James Chance Ungh, bruh. Swirling whirling twirl or sw. wh. pdx drifter seem possible now. If you sick 3 all those I will sculpt a life-size statue of you out of a cement block using Nick Polini's flailing reaction arms
21 hrs · Like · 1
Cass Taylor Oh hell yes.
17 hrs · Like
Mike Wilson Dude... these videos just keep bringing it. More Awesomeness! Thanks!
16 hrs · Like
Skyler Lon Smith I really really liked the start of the video. Zooming in from above is always great. It looked like a shred right at Silencers house. Is that true? I also thought the visible response to the Alpine Mastery was perfect. Thanks again Ivan and of course the players and SleepNick.
11 hrs · Unlike · 2
Mark Monistere this was so sick.....all players were a pleasure to watch...really liked the edit
10 hrs · Edited · Like
Ken Somolinos Amazing edit. Great vibe, lots of fun!
10 hrs · Like · 1
Derek Littlefield Somolinos runnin' the Joulu. Awesome to see some Overbo in the mix. Clean ass edit, with some clean ass Gatesman.
6 hrs · Like · 1
Ianek Regimbald great to see Jeff shred, first run was very good. i liked Ken's reaction on atomic whirling swirl! and Evan keeps being my favorite shredder, that first trick on the second video is one of the most ridiculous tricks i've ever seen.
3 hrs · Edited · Like · 2
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Dec 2014 21:03

'Tis a sad sort of day, but also a ridiculously epic one. Day 24... Christmas Eve... Normally the last calendar day... But I'm #insaneinthecandycane so as hopefully most of you know, there will be a BONUS shred video released JUST as Christmas falls upon us. So get ready to have your stockings stuffed. HARD.

Anyway, Day 24... Wow. First off, cats out of the bag.. It's a new Nick Landes video. A little background first... I begged Nick to do a video. He was kind of iffy on it since he was only in possession of the crappy new heavy Lavers. He said he could do some stuff in them, but he was searching for something else. Just so happened that I had a pair of unused Quantums in his size. Bag trade for Quantums, shipped them out, and a few weeks later, a baby was born. My apologies to Bonslaver, who had been using the Q's for a bit before I asked for them back. He realized he likes Lavers better anyway :P PS. Really great bonus material in this, if the shred doesn't make you go numb first.

So without any more delay... Day 24: Nick Landes and His New Quantums
:footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag:

Link of the Day

This one is pretty special to me. This is the first time I've ever hit the first trick in my life. Well, not the very first one, but the first day I hit it. It may not look that hard, but hitting that first trick MUTED is a big challenge for anyone, I think. The second trick was a really nice seal. Any other Woody Allen fans?
Happy Christmas Eve! Get ready for CHRISTMAS BONUS VIDEO TOMORROW!!!!!

GO TO NEW YEARS JAM IN ANN ARBOR, MI JAN 3-4!!!!!
Nick Polini

Funblog

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 24 Dec 2014 04:50

Nick delivering for the 24th, I am very pleased!
Mathieu Gauthier

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 24 Dec 2014 07:41

I'm still catching up on videos, but I just wanted to thank Nick for all his hard work hosting the Joulukalenteri 2014. Also a heartfelt thank you to everybody who contributed to the videos, both in terms of shredding and editing. My December was markedly more enjoyable thanks to you all.

Lycanthrope
BSOS Beast

Post by Lycanthrope » 24 Dec 2014 12:28

Wow. Just wow. Landes and Pipenberg are op. And for those of you that don't know that that means, it's a good thing. :D
Evan 'OP' Gatesman

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 24 Dec 2014 20:54

Mike Wilson Nice holiday bonus.
23 hrs · Like
Matt Emmings Talent. Great stuff Nick.
22 hrs · Like
Ethan Red Husted After almost a decade of watching this guy in person I was still like 'wut?' a bunch of times in this video. Best sets ever, Nick you are in fact a master. Can't wait to see ya again my friend.
20 hrs · Like · 2
Marco Hartig Nick Landes video and you tube won't show it to me...
20 hrs · Like
Ilya Sernov DAAAAYUUUM! Loved that so much! Due to endless rewinding these delicious 9 minutes turned into 15) Thanks guys!
19 hrs · Like
Derek Littlefield Wow. Contender for my favorite, for sure.
18 hrs · Like
Vjačeslav Sidorin Wow, drills part is amazing! Merry xmass everyone!
17 hrs · Like
Cass Taylor OMG YES! I am SO FREAKING EXCITED to see you next week! Such badass shred. And that routine! Just killed it.
16 hrs · Like
Adam Keith Mind blown! Great job Nick!
15 hrs · Like
Aaron Price Think he likes his new quantums and the Halloween footage... Merry Christmas to me!
15 hrs · Like
Paul David Vorvick After seeing that, I'm convinced that I am in a freestyle sub-species. I'm still hoping for an opposable thumb some day...
14 hrs · Like
Ianek Regimbald so damn smooth.
13 hrs · Like
Skyler Lon Smith Surprisingly dropless routine. The opening 3 drills in a row was uncanily smooth. I can see why you didn't drop it at the end.
12 hrs · Like
Sergio Garcia Nick thank you!best nuclear ever!
12 hrs · Like
Joseph Robert Daniel Michels I heard that Nick Landes has such a trick selection that he works up a sweat before starting his shred drills, then when he shreds it's so effortless that the sweat dries up.
9 hrs · Like · 1
Joseph Robert Daniel Michels The day Nick Landes goes Super Sayan....
9 hrs · Like · 1
Mark Monistere Easily one of my favorite videos. Amazing links.. The tripless mastery is very impressive. When I start to play after injury again I'm going to devote the first 10 sessions to try to play like Nick Landes . really enjoyed the swirls and the dragons ... don't worry dude when those shoes break in a little bit you'll be even better I really loved the end routine..
5 hrs · Like
James Chance I'm about to go play footbag with that dude. Rev whirl dragon represent, playa
2 hrs · Like · 1
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 24 Dec 2014 20:59

Merry Christmas, one and all!!! I really feel like Santa right now. I won’t say much, so you can get right to it.. Here it is.. The Joulukalenteri 2014: Day 25 “A Christmas Miracle”

Bonus Video (Full): Bonus Video (Pure Shred Version): Bloopers & Outtakes: Merry Christmas :)
Nick Polini

Funblog

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 25 Dec 2014 02:07

I have no idea what I have just seen!!! For a weird reason I watched the outtakes first... I'm not a very smart man!

Huge props to bonslaver, he is getting sooooooooo good!
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

LinoSphere
BSOS Beast

Post by LinoSphere » 31 Dec 2014 09:42

christoph larndorfer's video instantly became one of my favorite videos of all time.
there probably isn't that many sports that have been played on antarctica...
Matthias Lino Schmidt

jones
Shredalicious

Post by jones » 01 Jan 2015 12:08

thanks so m,uch for the HUGE effort! I enjoyed every day!!!!
i especially wanna mention Matt Kemmer. Never seen before, love his style!! Like a machine!
Also the LOTDs where impressive.
Thanks Nick!!!