2015 Joulukalenteri

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
Muffinman
the gimp

Re: 2015 Joulukalenteri

Post by Muffinman » 08 Dec 2015 18:26

Rah, so good.
Hey Daniel, would it be too much to ask to have all videos linked in the first post? I think previous years have been organized like this. I like reading the comments, but it's nice to be able to go back and find them all quickly for rewatching :)

Allan

Post by Allan » 08 Dec 2015 19:43

Muffinman wrote:Rah, so good.
Hey Daniel, would it be too much to ask to have all videos linked in the first post? I think previous years have been organized like this. I like reading the comments, but it's nice to be able to go back and find them all quickly for rewatching :)
Not that he couldn't update the first post, but the calendar view accomplishes this too :D

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 09 Dec 2015 00:16

I will put the link to the calendar view in the first post, that should solve all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeTdQInd06s[/youtube]

Here's Day 9. Unfortunately I was travelling for work today and couldn't get my Modified-first approach today. Here's some Olav Piwowar, going insanely huge. As someone said on the comments on Facebook, he doesn't have any other gears.

This is thanks to Greg Raymond, the footage is from 2011 and it's great.

Cheers to everyone for watching. Plenty more to come.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 09 Dec 2015 00:28

Thank you! Olav is nuts.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Allan

Post by Allan » 09 Dec 2015 13:47

OMG Olav is so my favourite player.

I've been not great at getting the new videos up on the day in question; gonna try to do better; sorry :)

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 09 Dec 2015 14:06

Allan wrote:OMG Olav is so my favourite player.

I've been not great at getting the new videos up on the day in question; gonna try to do better; sorry :)
Great work getting two semicolons in one sentence.
TJ Boutorwick

Allan

Post by Allan » 09 Dec 2015 14:34

I'm; a; bit; semicolon; crazy. I think I use them correctly most of the time, but I could certainly cut down and just make complete sentences.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 09 Dec 2015 14:42

Great reaction to yesterday's video. Hopefully that inspires people to do crazy stuff.

Day 10

Here is a video from Spain thanks to Sergio Garcia, featuring la campeona mundial, Paloma Mayo.

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 09 Dec 2015 15:09

What a great video. Paloma's shred at worlds was on a whole other level.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 10 Dec 2015 08:12

Really dug the last two vids. Definitely can feel the love in the Paloma video, while the Olav video is basically a collection of drills that I enjoy air-shredding but didn't think were actually possible.

Thanks to everybody who contributed videos. It's been a fun ride so far!

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 10 Dec 2015 15:53

Allan wrote:I'm; a; bit; semicolon; crazy. I think I use them correctly most of the time, but I could certainly cut down and just make complete sentences.

I say the more the merrier. I also agree, based on that sentence at least, that you get them right most of the time.
TJ Boutorwick

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 10 Dec 2015 15:55

Speaking of Ken Somolinos, here's day 11 thanks to the edit from Ivan Iakimenko.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWEWhgNua28[/youtube]

Ken has been playing for a long time now, considering that I met him for the first time around 10 years ago and he had already been going for a fair while then. He is still going hard as evidenced in this video, and his finals appearance at the World Championships this year.

Another great edit here from Ivan, who is also doing great at playing himself and stitching as well. I just got a couple of new bags from Ivan and they are awesome.

The top 5 videos so far (according to views on the Sport/Life site).

1. Olav (Day 9)
2. Narooma Jam (Day 2)
3. Aleksi (Day 4)
4. Matrix (Day 1)
5. Wiktor (Day 7)

We are getting towards the halfway mark, so there's still plenty of great videos to come. Exciting times.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 11 Dec 2015 01:34

Another awesome vid. There was a professional look to the video and I really dug the style, both Ken and the western/country feel. Really cool.
TJ Boutorwick

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 11 Dec 2015 06:10

Simon is to Garfunkel, as Ken is to Ivan.

Sick footage. Great shred/shrediting.

Thanks guys.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 11 Dec 2015 07:11

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Simon is to Garfunkel, as Ken is to Ivan..
Huh, interesting. I always thought of Ivan more like Hall, and me more like Oates.

Shout out to Ivan on another terrific edit. When I inevitably retire some day, it'll be comforting to have this vid and the summer vid from 2014 to look back on, and think I was better than I was. :wink:

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 11 Dec 2015 13:47

I need to peep ken's video later, but amazing job so far dan this has been a blast, going to try the combos of the day at my sesh tonight.

Olaf's vid was one of my favorite shred vids in years. i was just fucking dying laughing at the combos, literally just hilarious i felt like it was a video game or something. I feel like Olaf pouring a bowl of cereal, playing hungry hungry hippos or walking his dog must reach road-house levels of insanity...every run is just a constant fuck you to gravity with drills you see top level shredders seal with osis ending with the stuff of dreams. that almost off balance looking ripstein he did in one string is something i'll tell my non existant children about someday.

bravo, lads.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Lycanthrope
BSOS Beast

Post by Lycanthrope » 11 Dec 2015 14:04

Daniel, I'm happy that you're running the calendar this year. Sorry for not responding to all of the videos more frequently, but I do watch all of them. I appreciate your hard work, and I wanted to show you that the Euro tour last year paid off.

This trend date is a little hard to understand, but it is the search of hacky sack in news articles. The general overview may look a little grim as a steady decline over the years, but the April 2014 peak is pretty obviously correlated with the European footbag tour.

Jay landed a sweet job in Europe based on his international business experience, and I landed a sweet footbag company, so I just wanted you to know that you have had a profound impact on the community as well as individuals with your hard work. Thank you! :!:
Evan 'OP' Gatesman

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 11 Dec 2015 17:58

Interesting graph. Do you know what the earlier peaks were for? Good stuff that things are kicking along for everyone.

Thanks to all for the thanks and thanks for watching, I've had lots of little messages saying how much people are enjoying the calendar, so that's great too.

On with the show - Day 12. A feature on last year's Routines World Champ, Jindra Smola (Czech Republic). Thanks to Vjačeslav Sidorin for the video. Jindra has been going pretty hard this year with some crazy videos, but was unable to make an appearance in Copenhagen, so hopefully he's back in action in Slovakia.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJWN4DNGVAw[/youtube]

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 12 Dec 2015 17:38

On to day 13, and we've got another blast from the past, thanks to Erik Chan for uploading another Sean Wingert video, "Shredded Wheat". It's from around the 1997 Worlds in Portland, the 2017 event is going to be 20 years since, and 45 years since the sport kicked off in the same city.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7JrW8JnzKc[/youtube]

It's a pretty long one, so I've put a short bonus from myself which I made a few years ago, you may have seen it already, it has some awesome background scenes from Patagonia.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgTRJSU0Hko[/youtube]

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 12 Dec 2015 17:47

Lycanthrope wrote:Image

This trend date is a little hard to understand, but it is the search of hacky sack in news articles. The general overview may look a little grim as a steady decline over the years, but the April 2014 peak is pretty obviously correlated with the European footbag tour.
Are there numbers for the y axis? Without those, we don't know if those spikes are 1 additional news article, or 100...
TJ Boutorwick