Alpine Footbag

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Alpine Footbag

Post by C-Fan » 08 Sep 2018 22:45

Finally finished my video from last month's family vacation. Good project for learning the basics of Shotcut, the new video editing program I recently got. Feel like this video proves I can finally abandon my GoPro and old laptop, since this was all shot on my iPhone7 and edited on Shotcut on my new laptop. Let me know what you think, and thanks for watching!

randomcrayon
Shredaholic

Re: Alpine Footbag

Post by randomcrayon » 13 Sep 2018 11:26

This is brilliant in every way.

Sick shred, amazing cinematography, and loved the fun display of creativity. Like the footbag on the buffalo :lol:

The chess scene is probably my favorite, but it's very close with the rest of the video. Will watch again and again.
Ben Barrows

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 20 Sep 2018 00:26

Nice video buddy!

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 21 Sep 2018 02:27

Great Ken! Your shred is still rockin. Thanks for putting this together!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Behind the shred...

Post by C-Fan » 21 Sep 2018 07:20

Thanks for the kind words everybody! My main goal with this project was to see if I could replace my aging GoPro (flawed lens, separate charger, no viewfinder, needs SD mini adapter to get footage, etc.) with my iPhone's camera which is much more convenient. I'd say the video quality and framing are comparable, while the logistics are way easier. The other part of this project was motivating myself to learn my new video editing freeware better, just getting the basics of transitions, text overlays, audio tracks, etc. That was the hard part, but it was worthwhile because now I can edit off of my main laptop instead of digging out my old laptop just to edit.

A couple bits of trivia about the video:

:arrow: All the shred footage was shot in 2 days. First day (green shirt) I went from location to location to get as varied footage as I could. Second day (blue shirt) I was rained out within 10 minutes of getting warmed up. That's why its only in a single location.
:arrow: The last trick I filmed was the blurriest swirl. You can see rain drops on the floor that aren't present in the other clips from this location.
:arrow: The chalkboard gag during montage is a reference to Team America's "even Rocky had a montage" song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFrMLRQIT_k
:arrow: The chessboard configurations aren't actual game positions, but I took care to make sure no piece was located someplace it couldn't naturally be on a board.
:arrow: After filming the intro shot of the buffalo with the footbag on its hoof, I forgot to retrieve the footbag. A couple hours later when I met up with my family again, my nieces were playing with the bag which they had found still in the same location.
:arrow: The "beach" footage is from a small sandpatch by a lake in the mountains. That's the lake in the final shot. I was worried it'd seem jarring compared to all the more traditionally "mountain" footage, but I was low on clips because of the rainout so I ended up using them in the final.

Thanks again for all the nice comments, and thanks to Ivan for his help with the audio track.