Thirteen Sick3s

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Thirteen Sick3s

Post by C-Fan » 23 Jul 2019 09:50

I celebrated my 39th birthday by hitting 13 Sick Threes.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Re: Thirteen Sick3s

Post by Asmus » 23 Jul 2019 23:26

Loved this!

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 24 Jul 2019 00:49

Wonderful! Thanks for posting this Ken. Looking good. However did you manage that Scorpion's tail in the sick three starting at about 0:29?! Great one.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Production notes

Post by C-Fan » 24 Jul 2019 07:15

Thanks for the nice words guys.

:arrow: Yeah, I had to chase that zoom set for the scorpion's tail. I tried it a few more times, but it was early in the session and I knew I had to get to 13 sick 3s so I moved on.
:arrow: On that note, the clips are out of order. The first combo in the video (atomic flapper-rev swirl-duck eclipse) is indeed the first combo I hit that day, since it was kind of a warmup. The last combo I hit that day? The second one (gdlo-rev swirl-ducking rake). At that point of the session I was stuck on 12 combos, I was tired, and I was out of water. Even though it was maybe the easiest combo of the session, the timing and conditions of when I tried it funtionally made it the hardest combo for me.
:arrow: If it wasn't obvious, the concept of the video is that 13 x (sick) 3 = 39. I was celebrating my 39th birthday, hence 13 sick 3s.
:arrow: I didn't go into the session with any sick 3s specifically in mind, other than that I wanted to do one with a mantis so I could include the clip of the giant mantis statue.
:arrow: Embarrassingly, my birthday and this session were in mid-April. I just had a lot of other projects taking up my time, so I ended up sitting on the footage for a while. That actually probably helped the quality of the video, since it gave me more time to learn the editing features on the app a bit more. If I had edited the video even 2 weeks ago, it wouldn't have had title cards and some clips would have been more zoomed out/included more dead space.
:arrow: The music track in full is here. It includes a free download link too:

https://soundcloud.com/rollomatik/rollo ... AF4nMbBQZo

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 27 Jul 2019 16:02

I like the notes. It's neat to see the behind the scenes info that went into making the video.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson