Back in the game

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
JeremyC
Circle Kicker

Back in the game

Post by JeremyC » 04 Jun 2008 04:48

First my intro... then my big question...

I've spent a couple of days browsin' and I have to say, you guys have a really nice little community here. I haven't kicked in about 10 years. I was heavy into circle-kicking as I chased the Grateful Dead and Phish around, but as they faded away so did my game. For some reason, the urge to start kicking again recently hit me, and then I stumbled upon this site... now I'm really jonesin'. The Lavers are on order and should be arriving today (my trusty old Vans disintigrated back in '97).

I hope this doesn't come off as blasphomy, but I've never been much into stalls and exotic tricks... and, at 37, it'll probably get more and more difficult to pull off crazy sh*t. I've always just liked simple inside-outside-toe flip juggling with the occasional clipper throw in. Maybe this old dog can pick up a couple new tricks along the way... who knows. :wink:

Question: I tend to like a bag that has a little more 'pop' and isn't so likely to settle into one's foot. Any suggestions as to which bag(s) I should try. I picked up a couple of Mr. Sandbags just because I've heard so many of you rave about them... although I'm not certain they'll suit my "game" very well. I have an 8-panel Dirtbag that bounces off the foot really well, but I'm not sure if that is common or if I just have a freak bag. My bag of choice back in the day was the Flying Clipper Legend, but as I remember those had almost too much pop and could be pretty erratic until one had quite a few sessions with them. I know very little about the type of bags that are available nowadays and I was hoping to get a little guidance.

Well... sorry for rambling... but I'm pretty fired up about kicking again. I look forward to chatting with you all around these parts.

Cheers.

Jeremy

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 04 Jun 2008 07:08

hey dude,

if you're looking for good kicking shoes, lavers are where it's at. Dirtbags are available online and at all sorts of sporting good stores, and I love them for kicking.

if you want to see what freestylers are using these days, check the "bags I've made" and "new footbags" threads in Bags and Equipment. As compared to dirtbags, I could see how someone would have a more controlled kicking experience with a 32 panel bag like the ones I (and many others) stitch by hand. I also think they're a lot more beautiful.

Welcome back! You should get out to a tournament. I haven't met a footbagger yet who does like a nice casual kick, so if you come and do your thing, others are sure to follow.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 06 Jun 2008 09:56

Lavers :wink:
Paulo Castro

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 19 Jun 2008 05:09

Welcome Jeremy!

Another good thing about the custom 32 panel bags are that you can change the filler.
This makes is possible to get just as much "pop" as you want from the bag!

There are lots of great bags here: http://www.freedomfootbags.com/shredsho ... -table.php
And the comparison table makes it easy to choose exactly what you want!