New Rod LAver, hard to shred with :*(

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
ThisIsFate
Multidex Master

New Rod LAver, hard to shred with :*(

Post by ThisIsFate » 08 Aug 2008 04:22

Recently i bought a new laver shoes, and i washed it too, but it still really hard for my feet, i got cut both side on my feet >_<'. I m glad i didnt throw my old laver away lol, so my question is, is there a way to make ur shoes easlier to weaR? I remember i saw somehwere saying putting it in hot water ? Any suggestions? :?
kungho

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 08 Aug 2008 08:39

kenny schultz used to belt sand the area from the ball of your foot to the tip of the toe to simulate lots of shred on a new shoe. that would loosen them up for you.

shredding in unworn lavers is never fun.

the best thing to do is get the new lavers a long time before the old ones are busted and wear them all them time so that you break them in with walking instead of trying to do it with your freestyle.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Tripyfoot13
Hack Fiend

Post by Tripyfoot13 » 29 Sep 2008 10:43

What Matt said is sooooo true. It also helps with modification. A shoe is much easier to modify when they have seen a few bad,wet days. Running the shoes through the washer and dryer also helps break them in as well, also loosens the glueish stuff that holds the mess to the canvas. Ive had many pairs of lavers, and before I learned the 2 pair trick, my shoes took way to long to break in. Although, when they do break in, due to nothing but freestyle they tend to be broken-in in all the right places. Some people don't notice the difference, some people do. You should take Matt's advice and see what works better for you. Sometimes shredding in hard shoes can set you up really nice, while Matt is right, it really sucks, but you'll movements will be a bit exaggerated, and for learning some fundamental freestyle moves that is actually the correct approach, they will break in sooner then you think. Drills help also. I could go on for days, but hang in there!

Bill-out
Have a tripyfoot, not a tripfoot
Rochester/Syracuse Footbag Alliance
Bill Warner