New to Freestyle

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
a13jm1561
Circle Kicker

New to Freestyle

Post by a13jm1561 » 05 Jan 2009 12:24

Hey Guys, I've been into circle kicking on and off for a while. I recently got into freestyle and got a sandmaster as one of my christmas presents. Alot of people recommend a Mr. Sandbag, but what do you think of the sandmaster? Is it easy to stall? Also, I ordered some Lavers online and they should be here any day now. How much of a difference do they make?

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 05 Jan 2009 15:08

I've never owned a sandmaster, but I've read other people have played with them and say they are ok. Lavers will definitely make a difference. How much difference depends on the kind of shoes you're used to playing in. If you've played with your typical clunky skater shoes, then Lavers will feel much better.

I'd suggest reading the stickies on the top of this section. It has tons of information for the new player.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

a13jm1561
Circle Kicker

Post by a13jm1561 » 05 Jan 2009 15:15

Thanks, I play in Sambas right now.

JoshC.
Multidex Master

Post by JoshC. » 05 Jan 2009 17:20

I think a Sandmaster will work great for learning all of the basic stalls and kicks, it did for me. Once you start getting into more of the 2 add moves, the Sandmaster will get a little frustrating to use. Until then, it should be good.
Josh Cummings

I'll rest when I'm dead.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

Check out my shred blog: http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... 20&start=0
Check out my skate blog: http://cummingsspeedskating.blogspot.com/