Hossegor France September 20th

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
bcooke02
Hack Fiend

Hossegor France September 20th

Post by bcooke02 » 23 Aug 2010 16:26

Hello all

Just booked my tickets for my cousins wedding in Condom France. Heading to Hossegor on the west coast near the spanish border on september 20th-27th for a surf trip and possible shred. I'll have a car and plan on exploring the west coast closer to spain. Any body been or have any advice( hiking, ruins, friends, couches, etc.)? Thanks
Benjamin Lee Cooke
NYFA

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 28 Aug 2010 12:16

the sand bottom kegs that spew all over hossegor beaches is a dream surf destination for me. Still heavy as fuck, but a nice stepping stone to the shallow, jagged reefs of indo. Get pitted and get photos!
A.G.

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 28 Aug 2010 18:20

I suggest posting on the footbag.fr/forum

the french community is way more active there then here :)
Mathieu Gauthier

bcooke02
Hack Fiend

Post by bcooke02 » 13 Sep 2010 10:20

Thanks Mathieu. Yea hopefully the surf is up. Can't wait!
Benjamin Lee Cooke
NYFA

LinoSphere
BSOS Beast

Post by LinoSphere » 16 Sep 2010 23:54

i'm currently staying in that region, bayonne to be precise, but i've also been to hossegor already.

the only (though retired) footbagger around is eric dargent, but he's moving to england on tuesday, so won't be here anymore.
i myself will move on to spain this weekend, so unluckily there won't be anyone to shred with.

if you like quiet, cozy campsites in the middle of a pine forest, i recommend you going to st. girons plage, or, even smaller and cheaper, cap de l'homy plage. both campsites are very nice and situated directly behind the dunes, so within less than 5 minutes walking to the beach. i stayed at both for a week.

cap de l'homy is said to have a little better waves because of the way the sands aligned this year. anyways, there's lots of surfing in both places.
Matthias Lino Schmidt