PA Jam! April 15-17, 2011 (AND IT WAS A BLAST!)

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.

Would you be able to make it to this event?

Definitely! :O
100%

Total votes: 17

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 12 Apr 2011 17:56

Thanks for the positivity guys :) I appreciate all the help I can get from anyone if I do end up needing some.

Drew, disc golf has always sounded fun to me, never done it, and don't eve know if I can since I'd have to stay with everyone who's not going probably. And that's if it doesn't rain. The forecast seems like it can't make it's mind up right now. It was supposed to rain both Sat & Sun, but now it just says rain for Sat, which sucks cuz that's the big main day. But it should be cool this way too, because rather than at EGGstravaganza, where little kids would see us kick, Plan B spot is at my campus, where an open house is being held, so maybe we'll interest some teenage hacky sackers or something.

Doug, Zach HAS been making great progress lately, but today he said he lost interest and that he would rather spend his time fishing. I don't know what his deal is. He just got a new gf too, so that might be part of it. I really don't know.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 13 Apr 2011 18:56

i'm totally down for disc golf, but all my discs are home. i think my roommate might have a putter and a driver, i'll check it out.

HYPE!
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 14 Apr 2011 06:39

Do you need a sound system? Boats can hook it up if you want.
Drew Martin

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 14 Apr 2011 06:42

Well, I have a boom box I was planning on plugging in and it goes pretty loud, but yeah, I mean bring it along, we could always use louder music :)
Nick Polini

Funblog

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 14 Apr 2011 12:51

oh yes. sonic boom

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 14 Apr 2011 22:10

Well, I can't sleep cuz I'm so hyped, so I spent my sleeping time organizing a little gift (or should I say, "treat") for everyone sleeping on my floor ;)

See you all very soon!
Nick Polini

Funblog

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Apr 2011 06:12

Bear traps?

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Apr 2011 06:14

Shhh! Come on, Ken, why must you ruin my surprise?! :P
Nick Polini

Funblog

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 15 Apr 2011 15:36

actually to clear things up i said i was quieting to see what ud say nick, since the only time u contact me or respond to me is for this jam an never to play an has been that way for months.

for example the last 2 days ive been trying to contact you for information on where shred will be Saturday with the rain. but you ignore my phone calls an text an never get back to me, so im clueless of where to go once i get off work. so its looking like the jam will be minus zach.

doug my number is 610 763 1721 when i get off work Saturday i will try to hunt you guys down, please text me so i have someone who will actually respond to me an tell me where shits held.

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 16 Apr 2011 06:28

Nick's calling me back in a minute to let me know which spot to head to today (due to rain uncertainty). Will update this in a minute

edit as of 10:33 a.m. on saturday:

We're trying the primary spot as long as possible. So go there first. Walking from that parking lot area to the backup spot isn't a big deal I'm told, so if it rains, no biggie.

PRIMARY SHRED LOCATION (GO HERE FIRST)
Gring's Mill Recreation Area
2083 Tulpehocken Road
Wyomissing, PA 19610

Plan B Shred Location (if it rains we can walk here)
Penn State Berks Campus Alumni Pavilion
Bob R.

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 16 Apr 2011 19:30

trying to come after work ( 4 ) tomorrow, i hope i see everyone an dont miss to many people, should be a really nice day.

ill have fishing poles with me to i might catch a carp over off the bridge at dusk.

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 17 Apr 2011 14:23

Nick, thanks for having this jam!

I hope you had as much fun as I know everyone else did! Thanks for being a great host as well!

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 17 Apr 2011 16:30

Was nice to see everyone. Sorry I missed some of you.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Apr 2011 17:15

Hey everyone, thanks for coming to this. It was difficult to plan everything by myself but I guess I pulled it off in the end. Glad to have you all down to Wyomissing, PA for the weekend.

Only one thing to say that can sum up this weekend... *clears throat*... STICKS ON THE GROUND
Nick Polini

Funblog

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 17 Apr 2011 17:19

I had a great time yesterday, even with the poor weather! Thanks so much for putting on this jam!
Adrienne Craver

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 17 Apr 2011 21:36

great success nick, it was an awesome jam. we need to kick again soon.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

RipWalker
BSOS Beast

Post by RipWalker » 18 Apr 2011 06:20

Yeah man, thanks for putting everything together! I had an awesome time -- was great to see everyone again.
Mark Bull

dolercoaster
Shredaholic

Post by dolercoaster » 18 Apr 2011 08:48

yah, thanks Nick! Great job putting it all together, and thanks for being a great host! Your game is coming along in leaps and bounds .... and unsusual surfaces :) Frisbee was also a lot of fun!

Thanks also to Drew K for being a Beer Pong Hero, although I think my drunken powers of telekinesis may have played a role. Thanks to boats and special guest MC StiXXX OTG for kicking out the phresh jams, and Jeff for....well, for just being Jeff. The details of your sexual escapades and preferences will haunt me until my grave.

I'm glad I got to kick with Bob R for a bit ...it brought back memories of Chilly Phillys past! And hanging with Mike "Toolman" Toolan and Doug "Judas" Tank is always fun. Adrienne was there on Saturday, and we fed a an ever-disappointed and terminally shy mechanical cat some small metal discs instead of the plastic fish that it so obviously craved, which was probably the cruelest thing I've ever done. Poor kitty!

Thanks also to Waylon for his semi-conscious post-tournament babbling on the ride back, that was priceless! As in, there is no amount of money that I would be willing to pay for it to happen again, EVER. :wink:

Hopefuly I'll run into most of you again at the Beantown Throwdown (go Celtics) or NYFA (Knicks suck) jam 2011, whichever comes first!

BTW If anyone finds a Matt Cross (see below) footbag, numero 446 (see below) please let me know! It's MIA, and I love it and I miss it :( :( It's much dirtier than as shown, you might say it's filthy from all the lovin' (TWSS) I looked around the site for it but all I found were these small pieces of tree extremities on the surface of the Earth.... for some reason I can't think of a more succinct term to describe them or their location...if anyone knows what these things are or where one can find them, or both, just shout it out

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Apr 2011 09:27

Drew: You left your vegetarian mumbo jumbo at my apartment ;) I'll give it to you next time I see you. I wanna make it out to Philly a decent amount this summer for shredding with you. Schneider wants to, as well. Thank Higher Power for Magic Poop Hands.

Adrienne: Awesome to finally officially meet you! Glad you showed even if it was just for one day. Hope to see you at future events!

Mike: Great kicking with you again! Glad you were able to make it out and glad you had a fun time. Fun is what it's all about ;) Schneider and I were talking and we want to come shred in Bethlehem with you once school lets out. We'll be in touch.

Mark: Dude, I was so stoked to see you again. You're style is really coming along. That was fricken awesome to see how much you've improved since Funtastiks. Hope to get together with you again and kick this summer.

Bruce: It was awesome to finally officially meet you! Thanks for the kind words on my game. Stuff like that really pushes me to get better. I had a great time kicking with you and throwing a frisbee with you, John, and Ryan. Your style is so sick. Keep it up. I'll probably be seeing you again sometime, since I plan on coming to kick with NYFA once classes let out. Thanks for helping clean up my apartment too. That was an awesome favor on your's, Waylon's, and Matt's part.

I really had such a blast this weekend with everyone. So stoked it ran successfully. Until this weekend, I must admit, I didn't really feel like I fit into the footbag world while at other jams or tournaments in the past. I was always the shy, tiltless player in the back of the room who didn't talk all that much, and who didn't introduce himself to everyone. I guess I always felt sort of insignificant and that I wasn't good enough to be accepted in the footbag world. From now on, that's going to change. Thanks to everyone for showing me that I belong.

Edit: Bruce, I'll go up to the shred site and look for your bag sometime soon. I'll alert you if I find anything.
Nick Polini

Funblog

StitchHappy
Circle Kicker

Post by StitchHappy » 18 Apr 2011 09:39

Nick is was great to finally meet you and I'm so glad I came out to the jam! It was a lot of fun. And it was awesome to meet so many great people this weenend who made me feel welcome and gave me encouragement on stitching and kicking :) Thanks Nick! You did a great job :)
Erica Frantz