NOLA JAM SCHEDULE

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Re: New Orleans first footbag Jam

Post by Jazzkid » 14 Mar 2014 12:05

Drew ,,,,,I got you
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 14 Mar 2014 12:06

Asmus wrote:This jam looks so sick! Have fun everybody!

Thanks man....wish you could come...
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 16 Mar 2014 18:12

Schedule !!!!
10 Thursday
Early bird day park shred and chill and do what ever we want

Friday
Day
Welcome party at my house till we go out
Casual shred at my house
Night
Going out - Frenchman street
Since sat is such a long day it may be wise to not party toooo late ... I originally wanted to stay in and do a night at my house but then again it's New Orleans on a Friday night so ...

Saturday
Day
Meet 11 am or noon starting the fest at New Orleans famous beignets and coffee .My band will be playing 11-2 ish .. I sing , play sax and play keys...four piece band ..we will be playing jazz , funk , traditional New Orleans music .
The plan is honestly to bring you all to my show and yall eat beignets which is basically a biscuit doughnut thing covered in powered sugar . This is usually a solo performance for me but I asked my boss if I could bring all of you there and have a concert of my own during the fest with a full band ...since they liked my show last year , I gots the ok .. I'm excited to play jazz for y'all . And if you play a musical instrument there will possibly be a section of the show to sit in
You are not forced to stay here the whole show ... There are bands and lots going on all around the area .. We will probably have a meet time after and go as a
Big ass group to the fest / and shred till every one can't anymore . Comps will probably be this day ....more on that coming soon .

Sat night ...
We could go out but was planning on this being a house night with awards and food and video games and poker
I am building a 9x9 square in my yard for us to shred on since I don't really have much level ground other than some in the house .
I figured we could alter nights of going out partying and house party vibe (curious to what y'all think about going out Friday vs sat )

Sunday ...
Fest all day or possible park day
If the competing players will all still be in this whole day we may put some random events on this day too .. From what I have so far .. Some of the players will be leaving this day
Would be cool to check out different parts of the city and drive to different areas. There is a killing spot in New Orleans city park that I really want us to shred at all day but I will have to drive there early to see if it's taken ... To book it all day would have cost me 1200 and that's not happening ...but we could still potentially get it all day ..

Monday -- house shred video games ... Picking up poboys
Those of you who will make it this far we will figure out what to do

Tuesday ... Man you a soldier
SHRED HARD!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: NOLA JAM SCHEDULE

Post by C-Fan » 17 Mar 2014 08:13

Getting stoked for this...

Some quick thoughts:

:arrow: My preference always is to get the serious competition out of the way as soon as possible. It takes the pressure off of everybody, and minimizes the chance anybody gets injured before the important stuff. So my vote would be to take care of Circle competition on Saturday afternoon. If we want to push and do the Sick 1/Sick3/etc. comps on the same day, we can, or we can leave them for Sunday. But I'd strongly prefer to get Circle out of the way Saturday.

:arrow: Ideally it'd be great to set a time for when comp starts too, so we know when/how much to eat for lunch. When start times are left nebulous, they invariably float to later in the day. If we know up front that circle starts at 3 on Saturday, then it'll happen at 3. It just makes it easier for everybody to plan around.

:arrow: If we do the serious comp Saturday afternoon, I think it'd be fun to go out Saturday night to celebrate/drown our sorrows. If we're competing on Saturday, I don't know how much I'd cut loose the night before if we went out.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 21 Mar 2014 18:44

Is it jazz fest or french quarter fest?

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 22 Mar 2014 06:09

The schedule sounds good to me but I'm on Ken's side that it might be a good idea to switch the nights we go out. If Saturday is gonna be the most shred heavy day then it might be a good idea to save our parting for that night night and take it easier on friday. I'm down regardless and thanks for the crash space.
Drew Martin

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Mar 2014 10:48

2 weeks away! Hype!

So who do we have as confirmed so far? Here's what I've pieced together:

Monistere
Ken Somolinos
Rory Dawson
Jonathan Schneider
Mikie Etlinger
Nick Polini and Nadiah
Tom KO
James Risden
Doug Tank
Mike Toolan
Eric Reile

Am I missing anybody? Is Drew coming?
CIC flurry wrote:Is it jazz fest or french quarter fest?
French Quarter fest.

Also, any thoughts on schedule? My main question is when/where is Circle happening? Depending on the number of players, how many rounds are we looking at? If we have 9-12 competitors I could see us doing 3 initial pools of 3-4 players, where players in pool 3 judge pool 1, pool 1 judges pool 2, and pool 2 judges pool 3. Then you could have the winner of each pool go to a 3 person final. I think it's a safe assumption though that circle is going to be at least 2 rounds. Thoughts?

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 28 Mar 2014 22:03

Brandon Turner is coming from FLA.

Not sure if you're including everyone coming, but as for competition, I'm down for some 2 square perhaps. I ain't kicked all long winter noways.

Also, where is everyone (who isn't staying at Mark's) staying?

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 28 Mar 2014 22:16

I need to know where everybody is staying too ...
Here's a more detailed look at sat ..
have drew as a definite ... Also Jackson Rapp is in ..
Here's what I was thinking

Those of you who arrive earlier and leave later will of course get to do more shit ...
Friday
Arrival day casual shred at my house till
Friday night welcoming party

Sat . Optional early morning shred at my house till 1045ish and head to the fest. Meet at New Orleans famous beignets and coffee for noon ...
12-2 have New Orleans style beignets and attend my music "jam" at first I was gonna cancel my gig but due to multiple people expressing interest , I put a band and am gonna play some jazz and funk for y'all .
The original plan was just to hit downtown and the fest all day and save the comps for Sunday but due to player request we will probably be having ...
2pm large ass group of us will walk and see if we can get level ground by a stage and start warming up and shredding
3 pm circle contest downtown probably in front of Spanish fountain downtown on the river .... This location may be adjusted due to crowds .... Another reason to consider a Sunday comp at the park or my house
After circle horse comp and loser
After comps are over we can walk to the flea market and walk around
800ish ... Meet back at my house and get ready to go out
9.... Hit downtown nightlife .... Frenchman and bourbon

Sunday
I'll check on the park spot and if it's cool we'll shred there at city park , or hit the downtown and do footbag / tourist stuff .
Thoughts ?
SHRED HARD!

etphonehome
Shredalicious

Post by etphonehome » 01 Apr 2014 13:49

Oh yea, my girlfriend Alyssa will be joining us as well. She gets in on the same flight as me on Wednesday. I'll PM you flight info if you still feel like picking us up =D So soon!
Mikie Etlinger

NYFA!

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 01 Apr 2014 16:37

Yay, Alyssa!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Re: NOLA JAM

Post by Jazzkid » 02 Apr 2014 09:55

Ill be able to come get you......

I have a potential indoor spot for circle comp on sat , but if it falls through were at the Spanish fountain or the fest .
Im trying to et an Attendance list
NAME TRIP LENGTH LODGING
Monistere
Ken Somolinos and Girl frid night -monday my house
Rory Dawson and family thurs-mon 525 135 Downtown
Jonathan Schneider wed 910 my parents house
Mikie Etlinger and Alyssa wed-tues my house
Nick Polini and Nadiah friday-sunday my house
Tom KO thursday-? Downtown
James Risden ? ?
Mike Toolan friday -sunday? My house
Eric Reile thursday-? ?
Drew Martin fri-sun? My House
Johnny Break down fri-mon ? Downtown?
Brandon turner thursday-? Downtown
Doug Tank fri-sun? My house
Anton Britten fri night-mon? Downtown?

THATS A FUCKING LIST !
SHRED HARD!

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 02 Apr 2014 18:37

Staying in the Garden district. Walk/streetcar to the French Quarter.

We'll have a car to go to Mark's too.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 04 Apr 2014 12:23

two indoor room possibilities for comp on sat ..both room at the holiday inn

one is for $200 and one is for $300....
any body willing to put in?......

I would get it but after missing work this week and expenses for everything im pretty much tapped out....but can go see the room monday....

we would have it from 3-7.

let me know what you think
SHRED HARD!

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 04 Apr 2014 12:39

nope! :-P
I'm not competing, but I'll be there, so Just sayin.

But yea I'll put in if everyone wants a room. But I don't need a room.
Last edited by CIC flurry on 04 Apr 2014 12:59, edited 1 time in total.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 04 Apr 2014 12:47

The only competition I'm taking seriously is Circle comp. That's the only event that I'd want to have a good surface/environment for. Depending on how many people are competing in it, we could probably run Circle at Mark's place on Saturday morning, and then have the rest of the day to enjoy the fest and party. I'd be fine competing in all the other events wherever...be it a park, in public downtown, you name it. I'm not sure it's worth $200 for an indoor spot if we only need it for one event.

Are there any public tennis courts near you? That could be an alternative too.

Thanks for all your work on this. I'm so excited to finally check out NOLA, and also to shred with everybody.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 04 Apr 2014 17:44

Your welcome man
In preparation for this I have
Built a shred deck ( thanks to my dad )
Added a door in my hallway for noise reduction
Touch up paint job to my house
Opened up my music studio to house 3-4 players ( coffee pot , towels , air mattress and bathroom )
Cleaned up my garage and made it available to sleep 2-3
Taken off of my gigs (3) for the weekend with one exception .
Got my boss to allow me to have a full band at my solo gig and host y'all at the beignet shop
My wife made trophies , cleaned , went to the store for crown and everything
My mother in law cooked gumbo and red beans and rice
My mom is housing one player , cooking jambalaya and crawfish pies
Got a sponsorship of 12 footbags from flying clipper
Got a baby sitter for my kids
Now that I'm seeing what players are coming in when it looks like most players will be in by fir night many coming in Friday during the day ... All players will be in sat and sun

As put off and promised , a detailed schedule is going to happen ...

Monday I'll go look at the indoor space .... It could be good to have as a back up downtown in case of whether .... ... And if we have a room from 3-7 we could have 1030-300 at the fest ... I'll figure it out soon

At some point in time I hope to have us attempting sick ones and sick threes with a fire footbag in my back yard

Also , my last session was last week ... I tweeked my knee and have been putting cream on it and not playing on it all week .. It gets better each day so I'll try to start basic stalls Monday and Tuesday and try to build up as players come ... I haven't really tried even a clipper because I want it to heal as much as possible ... ... Looks like I'll be be able to play but won't truly know until my light session on Monday and Tuesday
SHRED HARD!

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 04 Apr 2014 18:51

Awesome work Mark! :)

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 05 Apr 2014 14:26

Daaaaam homie. Sounds like u put in hella work for this. I guess the only question now is what is your favorite type of beer?
Doug Tank

etphonehome
Shredalicious

Post by etphonehome » 07 Apr 2014 10:10

Yea, thanks for all of the hard work put in!

I was having a conversation with Jon Schneider at PSU Jamps this weekend, and we both felt like Competition wasn't really high up on our list of things we wanted to do. We're more interested in spreading some footbag love to all of the unsuspecting visitors of French Quarter Fest. While I would probably compete if it were happening, I wouldn't be disappointed in the slightest if it somehow failed to happen haha.

Anyway, just a thought.
Mikie Etlinger

NYFA!