Dżem Jam - A Gdańsk Footbag Tournament. - Sport/Life

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
jay7
Flower Child

Dżem Jam - A Gdańsk Footbag Tournament. - Sport/Life

Post by jay7 » 07 Mar 2014 00:42

http://sportslashlife.com/dzem-jam-gdan ... ournament/

Howdy Folks! Go to the link above, to find out everything you need to know for this tournament! I wanted to announce this event here, as well as ask for your feedback. I've created the following survey, to get your opinions for what you would like to see at the jam. Before filling out the survey, I shall explain some of the options.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-wzVDq ... I/viewform

1.) Verbally I have noticed virtually every player tell me that they don't want Routines at the tournaments they go to. I figured I would ask your input prior to organizing anything. I was thinking that Circle, as well as Horse / Request would be dandy events. I feel that circle and request speak for themselves, but I think that Horse is great for sideline shred, spectators, easy to organize (self judged), and is decently fair for everyone.

2.) A lot of people have told me that their giant footbag tournament t shirt collection is stale, and unwanted. If you want one, let us know, and the "other" box is for any possible suggestions you have. For example, something like flip-flops may be able to be made, which might be fun.

3.) Many people complain about playing at noon during tournaments. If I am correct in assuming that most will want Circle as the main competition, I think we can more easily prioritize our times based on the peak playing time for competitors. My suspicion is that players will want afternoon->evening competition, but, we'll let you decide :)

4.) I know competition sometimes adds a lot of stress to an event. We want this event to be fun and memorable, and having Finals on Sunday often seems like an annoying day for many reasons (People leaving, hangover, what have you). For this reason I thought that it might even be interesting to run all of circle on Friday (depending on the amount of competitors). This would lessen the stress for the rest of the weekend, but, also raises other problems. I would like for you all to weigh in!

5.) Caroline would like to make life as easy as possible, and was thinking to have hot food on site for you all. We understand that some of you would enjoy going out to restaurants, or simply having your own food choices. Let us know what you would like!

This event will be the last stop on our tour, and as such the full team will be there. Because of this, we want to offer workshops, and have non-competition sideline shred with anyone who wants to come, for the whole week we are there. Anyone who wants to come early is certainly welcome, and will be privileged to the very cheap accommodation offered by Caroline, at her hostel!
Jay Boychuk

Asmus
Ass Moose

Re: Dżem Jam - A Gdańsk Footbag Tournament. - Sport/Life

Post by Asmus » 07 Mar 2014 00:56

I think you should change the options a bit. I want all competition formats but I don't want to compete.

I think a lot of people might feel like that and that would give you a result that doesn't reflect what the actual competitors want.

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 07 Mar 2014 01:17

Sweet. Thanks Asmus. I added a non competitor option as well. I also wrote in the results that you would be a non competitor, so you don't have to go back and do it.
Jay Boychuk

jaust
Multidex Master

Post by jaust » 07 Mar 2014 02:01

i am really looking forward to this! since i am not sure if i can make it to worlds, this seems to be just perfect, also time- and money-wise :D

always wanted to go to gdansk!

also my suggestions for something instead of a t-shirt: a reusable drinking bottle would be nice, or a towel or maybe a carryingbag like they made for worlds in berlin (i thought it's good to post, so it can be discussed)
Michael L.

Wiktor
Multidex Master

Post by Wiktor » 07 Mar 2014 03:49

This is going to be awsome.
I hope to get all polish scene together for this weekend.

Can't wait to see the seaside and play with you all.
Wiktor Debski

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 26 Mar 2014 00:38

I hope all of Poland can make it, Wiktor. Caroline has abundant opportunity at her hostel for fun and projects. I think, aside from just the tournament, it would be very worthwhile for all the Polish to know what she has to offer to the community.
Jay Boychuk

Wiktor
Multidex Master

Post by Wiktor » 26 Mar 2014 01:33

Thanks Jay.
I will promote the event on facebook, as Poles don't read modified much nowadays.

PS. It will not be hot at noon on 1st May :)
Wiktor Debski

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 02 May 2014 07:00

Day 1 results: http://www.footbag.org/events/show/1395957518

Event Details:
Day One Results!

Sick 3
1.) Anssi Sundberg: Triage-Enterrage-Paradon Swirl
2.) Damian Gielnicki: Spinning pdx dlo-Pixie butterfly swirl-Marius
3.) Aleksi Airinen: Whirligig - Scorpion's tail-Food Processor
4.) Evan Gatesman: Ripped Warrior-Whirr-Superfly
5.) Pawel Nowak: Frontside legbeater-Double dyno-Blurry whirl
6.) Jakub Mościszewski: Bedwetter-Dimmiest-Merlin
7.) Filip Wójcik: Fairy ducking legover-phoenix-blurry whirl
8.) Tomasz Ostrowski: Ripped warrior-paradox mirage-symposium whirl
9.) Michał Biarda: Pixie ss calf stall-calf pixie ss legover-pixie toe stall
10.) Krystian Bubula: Paradox mirage-butterfly-paradox illusion

Request
1.) Evan Gatesman (Last combo hit: Double Blender->Blurrage)
2.) Damian Gielnicki, Anssi Sundberg.

Circle
Top two players advance to semi finals.

Pool A.
1.) Michał Ostrowski
2.) Jakub Grabarczyk

3.) Michał Y.
4.) Michael Lamberjohann

Pool B.
1.) Pawel Nowak
2.) Filip Wójcik

3.) Wiktor Debski