Hack Off! Eoghan Vs Manna

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

Who Wins?

Eoghan McDowell
100%

Total votes: 21

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Hack Off! Eoghan Vs Manna

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 08 Aug 2008 12:10

Manna
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STJgssEH9Pk[/youtube]

Eoghan
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFYVNEaE35M[/youtube]

(My video cut off the part where i talk to the camera and tell everyone I'm going to dominate)

Alright, let the battle begin!
Eoghan Patrick Morgan McDowell

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 08 Aug 2008 12:19

My vote is for Eoghan because he was more both sided and his runs were longer (the ones that he actually got. ;)

Very close though. Manna's first run was really good.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Kimbe.
Multidex Master

Post by Kimbe. » 08 Aug 2008 13:08

We don't want to see Eoghans reaction after run 5 :) .
I think both had some good runs even though both of you dropped early in some runs. Manna had a really good first run, but Eoghan had a nice fairy&pixie mixture.
Kim Berg

mannampepo
BSOS Beast

Post by mannampepo » 08 Aug 2008 13:16

i think Eoghan Takes this one. it was alot of funn though at least i had somthing to do. i get really bored playing solo, im us to playing with hackrifice and shredding hard soo this Hack off gave me somthing to look forward to in my little solo session. soo over all im really really happy. me And Eoghan will have to do this again in the Late Future.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 08 Aug 2008 13:27

This was pretty tough, both guys had similar difficulty in trick selection. What I don't like in these hack-offs is when someone bails to toe and then continues the run as if that counts towards that particular run. If you can't at least keep it tiltless, the run is over in my opinion. Mana's last run was essentially 3 runs broken up by the toe stall, and then the subsequent kicks after that.

The two sets of runs in terms of contacts, not including toe stalls broke down like this:

Manna: 16, 10, 12, 5, 14 (4, 10)

Eoghan: 0, 23, 6, 17, 19

Given this, Mana had four 10+ contact runs, and Eoghan had three, but one of them was a 20+ run. Both players bailed to tiltless about the same amount of times, both had ABOUT the same number of bops though I'd have to give Eoghan the edge on that.

That being said, it's almost a dead-tie for me. But since I can't vote for both, I'll go with Eoghan simply because again, I'm not thrilled with players continuing their runs after toe bails and/or kicks in a competitive format (even if this is just for fun :P)

Also I really think it'd be nice if players sped up the video during rest periods. It makes it harder to remember what you hit in runs when they're separated by 30 seconds of players pacing around each time.

Oh and Eoghan is totally the Napoleon Dynomite of footbag.."What?! GOSH!" :lol:
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 08 Aug 2008 17:34

"Oh snap!"
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

Jack Stutler
Multidex Master

Post by Jack Stutler » 08 Aug 2008 17:38

"first run... *drop* .. oh snap!"

classic.

i voted for eoghan, but manna your runs were really good as well.

edit: oh yeah, eoghan, or anyone else who knows, whats the name of that song at the start of your video? i remember hearing it another video but i can't find/remember which video. sweet song.
C-Fan wrote:After I read it I thought to myself: "this is the best tourney write-up I've ever read...and he didn't even make it to the tourney!"
Challenge Footblog

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 08 Aug 2008 23:48

Thanks for the feedback guys. This was a lot of fun.

The song in the beginning of my video is called Handlebars, by Flobots. It indeed is an awesome song.

Hope to do a lot more of these in the future.

Eoghan
Eoghan Patrick Morgan McDowell

Guydro
Multidex Master

Post by Guydro » 15 Aug 2008 23:17

shredzilla wrote:
Oh and Eoghan is totally the Napoleon Dynomite of footbag.."What?! GOSH!" :lol:

LOL... It was very close for me too!!! Thanks shredzilla for breaking down the math for me. But the ending is what did for me on the runs. Eoghantotally got pimp on the end of his run. I think he could have kept going. Oh....who was that you mom? :lol:
My girlfriend thinks I'm a dork.............:lol:
But she loves me anyways.
richardabshire wrote: There is only a handful of people on this planet that actually shred. The rest are only spectators.

"Guydro F. Hydro"
Guy Herndon

Guydro
Multidex Master

Post by Guydro » 15 Aug 2008 23:18

dbl post......
Flobots is great music. Fight with tools!!!
My girlfriend thinks I'm a dork.............:lol:
But she loves me anyways.
richardabshire wrote: There is only a handful of people on this planet that actually shred. The rest are only spectators.

"Guydro F. Hydro"
Guy Herndon