flurriestMASTER

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 21 Jun 2005 22:28

:P
Last edited by CIC flurry on 22 Jun 2005 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

tuomoruutufan
Fearless

Post by tuomoruutufan » 22 Jun 2005 03:35

i think tom and zeke need to fight.

Back in my college days we used to always solve roomate disputes with the boxing gloves.

IM 2-0 :D

until someone had to go to the hospital
~Shawn Patrick Boyle~

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 22 Jun 2005 23:21

YEAH! After school behind the monkey bars, punk. This is for all the lunch money...

No wait, we're both done with school. I guess we're gonna have to try more adult-like stuff to handle this.

Hay Jousting BEEEEEEEE-OTCH!!!!
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

tuomoruutufan
Fearless

Post by tuomoruutufan » 23 Jun 2005 03:41

well i call winner
~Shawn Patrick Boyle~

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 25 Jun 2005 19:50

Hit bedwetter yesterday for the 2nd time. The first time was long time ago, and no one saw it and I wasn't sure if it was 100% good. Yesterday was so easy!

Hit pigbeater today. I've hit it b4, but not really. I've hit it barefoot b4 multiple times, and I've hit pixie leggy atomic legover. So 1st time all in one with shoes! It was so easy.

I've been hitting flurry very easy lately...I've come close to flipside...I can do it! with all that barrage training.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 25 Jun 2005 21:58

Shawn wrote:well i call winner
Shit, I don't think me and Tom combined could take you... just as well. Everything is cool. Every family has it's spats. And you know what they say:

Whatever doesn't kill you...

means they weren't trying hard enough.
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 28 Jun 2005 22:14

Rested yesterday.
Schooled today. 50 minutes.

20 swirls BS
20 barrage>DOD>barrage>DOD (one time with no drops! 4 move combo bitch!)
10 drifters BS (3 in a row)
5 torques BS
1 Blurry whirl BS

I didn't really feel like playing today, but I did. I find that I have to warm up my body after I strecth. My legs will be fine, but my damn body is still sleeping. As I start with swirls, my body gets warmed up good and slow.

It might also be that I always play at around 7pm. My mind tells me that I am active during that time of day. I dunno...I prolly am just too sedentary throughout the day.

I do love when I'm finally warm though. I have a lot of motivation.

I watched a video of James made by Reile the other day ("Defender of the Universe"). and I thought it was so fricken awesome - again. Then I watched some Penske - so fast and awesome.

I saw the new zombie movie = sucks.

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 29 Jun 2005 11:50

Shit cho, I read your blog. It is inspiring to see your rejuvenation for stepping up your game. And BTW, i totally just hit that dod>barrage>repeat combo for the first time like 2 weeks ago (xcep' mine started with the dod)! Keepuh nit ril!

booge,
Jeremy
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 29 Jun 2005 19:23

Yeah, no doubt man. It's one thing to read your blog, but it's another thing to meet you too. I'm real glad that you're into the game, cause I'm sure there is plenty more in you, especially since you got new lavers :lol:
More C4 please <3

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 29 Jun 2005 19:43

yo tom, I did barrage > DOD <rpt> for the first time today, what an awesome combo. I want to learn to drill it, I think that will be a great drill. I could use some harder drills in my arsenal...
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 29 Jun 2005 21:33

Thx for the replies. :)

Schooled today. ~1.5 hours.
20 swirls BS
20 barrage>DOD>barrage>DOD
15-20 drifters BS (4 in a row - new record!)
20 Whirls BS (3x in a row flip, 15x strong)
10 Ducking clippers (in the dark)

Tried flip flurry. got close, but no cigar.
tried pixie double switch over, but not very close. That would be the shit if dialed.

Then 3 sets of 15 pushups, 15 tricep pushups, 15 leg raises (por abs)
then coldish shower

That 4 move combo is a killer - 80 moves! = tiring.

I figured out the trick to swirls yesterday.
Set low, then thrust down hard. It's all about the downtime. If I set higher, I often hit the bag w/ my foot. The thrust part I got from drifters.

I modded my new lavers today. I cut the insides out. This is the first time I'm doing this. I want to cut under the toe too, but I'm scurred. And maybe the extra padding in the tongue and the inside of the outside stall surface...Not really...but at least the toe.

I used a $1 store exacto knife to cut the canvas. I eventually used hot water for the glue which helped ALOT. I tried to make the water go right through the fabric, but instead it got all in the shoe :cry: , but for the other shoe I just dabbed water on the canvas with my finger and used a hair dryer to loosen the glue.

I'm currently playing in my first pair of lavers ever. Because my current ones had bad holes. I got new ones now, but they're not broken in yet. I think my firsties are done. Unless I fix them again. The shoe goo from the first time is coming off. The entire half of the toe box of the right shoe is shoe goo. I kinda like em though. the soles are broken in nice (but they're not even Chinas!). Here's some pics:

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 01 Jul 2005 20:55

~0.5 hours

20 ducking clippers BS
20 swirls BS
10 barrage>DOD>barrage>DOD
10 drifters BS

...then had to cut it short to go fix a computer.

Wow! I'm a multidex master! YAY!

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 02 Jul 2005 23:05

Kicked at Taste today. Way too many fuckin people there today. I was getting distracted and annoyed by all the people walking through the circle. It couldn't be helped though; so many people were there because Sanata was performing.

I had alot of fun after a while playing regular hacky sack. The kind where you have to go for saves and jumping knee kicks. A bunch of people were watching us too. A few joined in.

These 2 drunkish chicks came in the circle. One was really cute. i told them we play for the chicks, and that I alone get 10 chicks per session. I think they believed me, which is kosher.

Scott D was freestyling in the hack circle, and I told the guy next to me that we can all do that, so he says to Scott, "I would be really impressed if you could pass" :lol: .

I've always hated the sole on the lavers. I think it's too thick. I would like to cut off half of it. but that's a big move...what if it sucks. Maybe on an old pair.

I'm happy that people have commented on my game getting better. I don't really feel better. I've just been schooling moves I already know, not combos really, but I suppose I'm more consistent now.

Hood's house website is fricken so cool. I just checked out the sets page. Sailing set was sweet! If I could do that set I'd bust it all the time. Actually I did hit that set about 1.5 weeks ago, but randomly. I should try it. Unique is what it's all about. Noone does that shit really.

I've been thinking about the WV Jam. Metting John Mahood, and reading about that trampoline, and Shawn's interest in going, and me getting paid have got me thinking about it.

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 03 Jul 2005 00:16

Holy shit dududuedde

can that fcuakin g font be anyyyyin smlaleler?

what;the s fuck mna

yopure getting realyly fogooogd

you rgokck tom!!@#1

ha ca am , i hooppe yiou canogws refnd tis,

igkkll deeit later

buyuse

Not-so-ripped Warrior
Fearless

Post by Not-so-ripped Warrior » 03 Jul 2005 09:20

I like the way the wear on the soles of your first pair of Lavers is even. On my first pair the left shoe's sole was worn all the way through to my feet, but the right one was in really good shape. So that got me thinkin' about being more two-sided.

It's cool that Davidson showed up. Did Risden ever make it?

Later
-Eric Siegel: The man, the myth, the legend

Words of Wisdom from Rockey:
"hittin' ripped warrior bsos: that's a paddlin';
hittin' stepping diving whirl: that's a paddlin;
hittin' montage: you better believe that's a paddlin'"

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 03 Jul 2005 09:26

^
|
|
|
|
:oops:

Yea Risden made it.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 03 Jul 2005 22:10

Eric,
My right toe always gets a hole first. My first lavers are non chinas and wore from the inside as well. The entire right toe area is shoe goo, and the left one is just starting. :) Though they do look 2 sided.

James was there like a mofo. Kickin so well. I wanna visit him sometimes. If I had a more reliable car. If we get a hold of one now and again we will go visit him. Make him play more.

I read that "hoy many hours a week do you play?" thread and was astounded by all these fools playing 14-24 hours a week. That's fuckin ridiculous.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 18 Jul 2005 11:16

I haven't been playing on my own lately. Mostly b/c my bag keeps breaking stitches. I've pretty much retired it. It never got any holes, but somethng like 4 seams broke. Thank god for zeke for fixing them. But last time we fixed one with glue and another one popped when I started playing with it.

I watched a video of Mike and James yesterday. It was awesome. I watched some WV footbage from Hood's house and that Brad guy is hella good - makes me wanna play. I really like watching vids like that.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 18 Jul 2005 15:19

Kamil, Jacob and I kicked at Portage park for a short time. I forgot my normal lavers; I was wearing my new ones "which haven't broken in yet." Well apparently they have, cause I was playing good in them. I'm glad i accidently wore them.

I had ripstein so close. It's dso fuckin easy! I just need to do it, but i never practice it. It was right there - sheesh. I was doing drifeters to spin (attempts) - so fun. I was on today.

Some lady was talking our ear off that we are so good and that we can do the olympics and we should go downtown and put a hat down for money. She was cool.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 23 Jul 2005 22:20

====================
I guess I hurt my knee when I jumped off this railing and kung-fu kicked the frisbee Zeke threw. I realized it hurt when I bent my knee alot , but it was no biggie. I played ultimate frisbee afterwards with no problems (lots of running). I've played footbag an average of every 1.75 days since. My knee got better the first two days, bu now its as worse as ever - still not bad, but in such a state that I don't wanna do double dexes with my right leg. I'm sorta fine with this cuz i can school my left side stuff (kinda), but it sucks cuz I like to be on my top game when people visit (Evan Lovely - tomorrow). Stupid knee...i never have knee problems. They suck.
====================

Kamil called me, when i was about to make a pizza, to play footbag yesterday (Friday-22). I put the pizza back in the freezer and headed out. We played near the swimming pool and saw a few hot chicks. This one woman was tanning in the field, and at several moments assumed the position of...shall we say...Doggie Style. She must have been tanning her ass! It was great. Spread her legs and everything. She must've known I was looking too; she was staring right back at me. She was a bit far and older, but not bad.
This girl was rollerblading passed when i heard her say she was so poor she learned to rollerblade on one roller blade. On her next lap she said something else funny too, but i don't remember.

SesH: Pretty good. schooled flipside. Record of 5 ducking clippers. good spins. rare/first? flip pheonix....then...finally...I ended the race between Tim and I and hit...RIPSTEIN.
You know sometimes you hit a move that u were close to for a while and its no big deal....this was not one of those times. I was super happy. I hit it 2x to make sure - to a hand catch.
Tim called me later (yes actually called me to play footbag! :D), but I had already played and didn't wanna overwork the knee. And i told him that our race had ended. We need a new race now, friend. And I still am racing to Jani Walker with Reile. Though my knee won't let me school it and he's much closer than me, but he ain't schooling either, I don't think.

Atomic sets are good. Like I was telling Kamil: Sometimes you try and apply all the technque and tips to a set/move, but sometimes you just gotta think, "I just have to get my damn leg over this bag fast, and I can do it no prob." And that shit works.

I saw Willy Wonka. Good movie aside from the Oompa Loompa songs (I've repressed them). I watched jeremy mirken's video "new stuff" - me likes alot. Went to a picnic and then home/shower then bookstore then Johnny's Beef for some Italian Ice. I couldn't resist and got a beef too. Then on the way home I was dancing and singing with my "GF" while cruising the streets of Chacaga and near northwest suburbs ..."Come on Eileen..." :D