['what is this trick called?']

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

MikeTelevision
Hack Fiend

['what is this trick called?']

Post by MikeTelevision » 27 Oct 2004 04:52

I'm pretty new to shredding and i have trouble finding names to some of the tricks i'm doing. What is it if I (from toe stall) do an in->out around the world to clipper (same side)?

Thanks a lot guys i really like this sport and have been following this forum for a while now and really enjoy it.

ptaku
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ptaku » 27 Oct 2004 04:55

If you do the dexterity on downtime it is something like Toe ss Whirl, and if you dex on uptime (or peektime in this case I think) it's a Pixie ss Clipper.

Keep shredding hard and good luck!
Pawel Ptaszynski

"I know I can! Be what I wanna be.
If I work hard at it, I'll be where I wanna be."

NAS

Be strong, LIVESTRONG

http://www.laf.org
http://www.wearyellow.com

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 27 Oct 2004 04:56

I've always called that trick an overdown.
Most people call that a toe set same side whirl I think.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 27 Oct 2004 05:02

i dont think he is doing a dex like a whirl ( with the ankle ) i think is more like in front of him, the ways he said in out atw... just makes me image it lke this, ither way it isnt a easy move its kinda diffucalt. but the jobs it would be pixie>cliper

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 27 Oct 2004 09:26

thats easy, toe>same in dex>opp clip hehe
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 27 Oct 2004 15:42

If I do a pixie set ss clipper I call it pixie set ss clipper. If I do a toe set ss whirl - downtime with a leggy dex - I call it toe ss whirl.

Overdown is a cool name though - is that for pixie clipper or toe ss whirl?

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 27 Oct 2004 16:32

what! Overdown couldn't be for in-out!

It'd have to be for ss Butterfly or something. Hence "Double Overdown".
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

ericksonj
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ericksonj » 28 Oct 2004 18:26

qphox wrote:what!
hehe
Always Shreddin
James Erickson
Eugene Footbag Association (Orton, Nasty, Me)
w/ new additions (Casey, Alex, Eddie, and Shawnell)

MikeTelevision
Hack Fiend

Post by MikeTelevision » 31 Oct 2004 05:40

I found out that what I was doing was a whirl kinda, but i was starting from my toe and not a clipper, and now i have it down from clipper to so that kinda cool, thanks guys.

Abe

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Feb 2006 06:33

travismontoya
BSOS Beast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:04 pm Post subject: Need help with the name of a trick.... Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Its like this ill try to describe it:

Toe stall them dex out (kinda like a pixie) and then you catch with the same clipper..
You kinda have to whip with your clipper leg to catch and turn a bit.

I landed a couple of those and i cant figure out the name... anyone?
Jeremy
Iraq Disarmed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
toe ss grifter? Fairy clipper? toe ss drifter? pixie clipper? You'll have to be more specific I think.

I'd say it's probaby a toe ss drifter even though you said it's "out" instead of "in"

"you're signature really irks me. It only proves the self-righteousness that I know has always existed in you." - Dan Feary
travismontoya
BSOS Beast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
hmm yeah its a out dex not in, so Im guessing it would be the same name if it was a in dex to?
Jeremy
Iraq Disarmed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
if it is an out dex (like a fairy, illusion etc) then it's either a fairy clipper or a toe ss grifter.

Maybe you need to use "owheelj notation" to describe the move. Is it like this:

You set the bag from your right toe. As the bag is going up you circle the bag in an anti-clockwise direction. You then twist your body to the right and stall the bag on your right foot (left side) clipper.

That's either a fairy clipper or toe ss grifter. The difference is that with a fairy clipper the first dex is uptime (ie. a fairy set clipper) while with the second the whole move is downtime (all one action)

"you're signature really irks me. It only proves the self-righteousness that I know has always existed in you." - Dan Feary
travismontoya
BSOS Beast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
sounds like a fairy clipper I thought it was like a fairy ss no plant drifter or a pixie ss no plant drifter, But fairy clipper sounds more like it, ANd in your "owheelk" notation you explained it just how I would..
SandWraith
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: Need help with the name of a trick.... Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
lvfootbagfreak wrote:
Toe stall them dex out (kinda like a pixie) and then you catch with the same clipper.

Because you say you have to do a dex out like a pixie, I would think you're probably doing a pixie same clipper. You can check one out at hackrifice.com (http://www.hackrifice.com/moves/3pixiessclip.wmv) to make sure.
travismontoya
BSOS Beast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
no thats not it, He uses his other foot for the clipper, I use the same foot I did the fairy/pixie with to catch with the clipper...
sniikeri
Lauri Jii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Then it's Fairy (op) Clipper or Toe ss Reverse Drifter, but I'm quite sure it was the first one.

Varokaa vihaista mouhijärveläistä!
BalinorNZ
Flower Child

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Edit: Ok Travis all my references to clockwise/anticlockwise are for your right leg.

Ok when you do the dex, if your foot goes clockwise round the bag its pixie (in dex) and if it goes anticlockwise its fairy (out dex).

if you go round the bag on its way down and your foot does not touch the ground at all, it is a toe ss drifter(if dex is clockwise) or toe ss grifter(if dex is anticlockwise).

If you go round the bag on the way up (ie do the dex as a set) and you step back before you catch the clipper, it is either fairy clipper(anticlockwise) or pixie clipper(clockwise).

My guess would be your hitting toe ss drifter, this is a move lots of new players find they can hit pretty early, its really cool to!

Just a side note:
If you dex clockwise its an in dex, and if you dex anticlockwise its an out dex.
If you clipper with the same foot that you toe set with its an op clipper (this is confusing), and conversely if you clipper with the other foot to which you toe set with its ss(same side) clipper.

Sorry if you know all that already! Just clarifying because I had trouble understanding all that a while ago.

Last edited by BalinorNZ on Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ICQ Number
bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Nic, the direction of the clock is different proportionate to each leg.

In/Out:
With Left Leg it's counter clockwise
With Right Leg it's clockwise

Out/In:
With Left Leg it's clockwise
With Right Leg it's counter clockwise

My Podcast - Engagement Head

NC Aliens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BalinorNZ
Flower Child

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
bigdirtyfoot wrote:
Nic, the direction of the clock is different proportionate to each leg.

In/Out:
With Left Leg it's counter clockwise
With Right Leg it's clockwise

Out/In:
With Left Leg it's clockwise
With Right Leg it's counter clockwise

Crap u got me, lol no wonder nobody discribes moves like that Wink.

Ok Travis all my references to clockwise/anticlockwise are for right leg. Lol that solves it Wink
ICQ Number
travismontoya
BSOS Beast

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
lol, Thanks for all the help, I was doing a pixie op no plant clipper then Wink thanks!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Feb 2006 07:54

sweet_hack
Shredalicious

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:00 am Post subject: is it a 4-add or three-add Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Is this a four or three ad, you clipper/ducking/legover/clipper. if anyone could help me out that would be great because I hit that last night and I'm a newbie so please write back.thanks.

IT'S ALL ABOUT FOOTBAG
Bander87
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Ducking Butterfly? 4 add?

Ben Adler - Will shred for free
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Slowsis
Fearless

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (the land of beer and hockey)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Clip>duck[bod]>same out[dex]>op clip[del][xbdy]

Four it is!

Edit: SICK! Razz
SandWraith
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
And for reference, this "legover clipper" thing is called a butterfly. But a ducking butterfly is an impressive move for a "newbie"!
Shredder-
Shredaholic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
HEY HEY! I can do that! Mr. Green
Lives in Hawaii!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tuomoruutufan
BSOS Beast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
yeah it was my first 4 add also

Its most impresive your ducking a clipper set and not a toe set that really ups the difficulty and is far more sick for a newb to do that

SHit i dont think i can do that.
As a teen Chuck Norris impregnated every nun in a convent tucked away in the hills of Tuscany. Nine months later the nuns gave birth to the 1972 Miami Dolphins, the only undefeated and untied team in professional football history.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Feb 2006 07:59

sweet_hack
Shredalicious

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:09 pm Post subject: What is this Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
What is the name of this trick:clipper>sameside-legover>osis. If you can help me out that would be great

IT'S ALL ABOUT FOOTBAG
mosher
brutal footbag cronie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Dude randy, you goooootta learn jobs notation!

I thiiiiiiiiiiiiink you are referring to dyno.. or same side refraction.

Is it like a blender but the dex goes forwards over the bag instead of backwards? That's a dyno.

If it's more like a butterfly dex that you catch on the dex leg then it's probably a refraction.

Look on footbag.org for the jobs notation tutorial, it's REALLY usefull for describing tricks you've hit.
sweet_hack
Shredalicious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Thanks tom look up footbag.org and it helped me for another trick I was wandering about.

IT'S ALL ABOUT FOOTBAG
shredzilla
Happy Dance Masta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Keep on keepin on

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Feb 2006 08:10

hakkpakk
Shredalicious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:47 am Post subject: Whats this move called? Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
It's where you use 2 bags and juggle them on the same foot. Sorry if this has been answered. Also what ADD is it and where to find how to do the trick
Asmus
Fearless

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Its called juglling and i do only think it counts as normal toestalls!
A good tip is when you set the bag from you hand. bend down in your knees and throw it up in the exact angle as your going to juggle = REALLY STRAIGHT!
Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure that Juggling ADDs go like this:
Each move is you do is worth 1 extra ADD per extra bag you are juggling. Thus, juggling two bags on your toes, each toe stall is worth 2 ADDs, and if you throw in a clipper or a leg-over in the midst of juggling two bags, those moves are worth three ADDs each (XBD + DEL + 1 extra bag = 3 ADDs) or (DEX + DEL + 1 extra bag = 3 ADDs). If you are juggling three bags on your toes, each toe stall is worth three adds. If you hit a clipper or leg-over whilst juggling three bags, those moves would be worth 4 ADDs each (XBD + DEL + 2 extra bags = 4 ADDs) or (DEX + DEL + 2 extra bags = 4 ADDs).
Remember, its a matter of simple addition, not multiplication.

Jonathan Schneider
The Ministry of Silly Walks
Jdigges
Egyptian Footgod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
what about juggling 3 balls in your hands, whilst doing a ripwalk like peter irish? would that add extra adds, or would it not be acceptable because the 3 bags are not involved on your feet?

Embassy Footbag Crew
Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Quote:
What about juggling 3 balls in your hands, whilst doing a ripwalk like peter irish? would that add extra adds, or would it not be acceptable because the 3 bags are not involved on your feet?

Not totally sure, but yeah, I think you got the answer right there at the end, except, well, what do you mean by "not acceptable?" The bags aren't on your feet, so, they don't count towards ADDs. But, come on, now! Its NOT all about "how many more ADDs can I get?"
It might not score extra on your technical merit, but it would get richly rewarded in on the artistic merit score. You could think of it like doing your tricks on cue to the music. Hitting stuff on the beat doesn't garner you extra ADDs, but it can still increase one's score regardless of ADDs. Hitting your tricks on cue can still make the difference between winning and losing a competition without ever effecting the ADD count.

Jonathan Schneider
The Ministry of Silly Walks
ana_ali
Anz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I wonder if Vasek is soon playing guiltless with two bags in his routine Laughing

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 18 Mar 2006 16:12

Kljopa
Hack Fiend

New postPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:14 am Post subject: Is there a specific name for this trick? Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
jump[bod][xbd]sole kick.Like flying jester for cliper,is there a name for sole?
Just my curiocity Smile

Aleksei Zikin

Last edited by Kljopa on Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
ICQ Number
Kljopa
Hack Fiend

New postPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:15 am Post subject: Re: Is there a specific name for this trick? Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
sorry douple post

Aleksei Zikin
ICQ Number
janis
Shredaholic

New postPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
I'm curious too, I love this trick Very Happy
sen
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

New postPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post [Mark post as unread] View IP address of poster
Flying flapper?

*cough* Read the rules for this forum section *cough*

Visit Team Dryden's FOOTBLOG here!

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 18 Mar 2006 20:27

Why is Erik posting that? :?: Some kind of glitch or something?
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 19 Mar 2006 00:11

When someone creates a new thread, and there is already a thread addressing the question/move that is the subject, I assume that the creator of the thread hasn't read the three announcement threads I started to try to explain the 'rules'. I delete the new, redundant threads, and copy and paste the information into the old thread. There may be a way to merge threads in the future that will make this less messy, but it would also help if people paid attention to the annoucements in the first place...

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 17 Apr 2006 14:34

What is the trick called :

Fairy set >op Clip Delay

i might not have the jobs notation correct but this is how it goes:

toe delay, in>out dex, other foot swoops under dexing leg and catches as a clip delay

ne help? thx
Andrew's f00t(blog)
Last Updated: 5-22-06
zilla wrote: It's like being a jedi and making your own lightsaber

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 17 Apr 2006 15:28

It's just called fairy clipper.
I guess it could be debated whether it is fairy same clipper or fairy opposite clipper. I would call it fairy same [side] clipper (and assume "opposite" if not specified), or "fairy opposite-foot clipper".

Your Job's is:
toe > same out [DEX] >> op clip [XBD][DEL]

(same in/out would imply that it could be either pixie OR fairy, which it can't -- it's just fairy) :)

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 17 Apr 2006 16:05

thanx!
Andrew's f00t(blog)

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 30 Apr 2006 13:33

hit this today and was wondering if thers a name for it?

clipper then dex it with the same leg before landing it (idk the name tho)
so its like a clipper XBD set, then with the setting foot dex out>in
Andrew's f00t(blog)