Rules & Propositions Database

1, 2, 3, 4. Keep that bag off the floor.

Do you like to add new rules?

No!!!! Keep it straight-up!
13%
Sometimes
48%
Yeah, if it is to my advantage
3%
I'll beat you at any freakin rule you throw at me!
38%

Total votes: 40

Zeke
Specific Islander

Rules & Propositions Database

Post by Zeke » 27 Feb 2006 18:58

-Ace the king (king = 4th square/server):
Who ever kicks the footbag into the server's square, without the king making any contact with the bag, takes the kings points and adds it to his/her own score. Self-destruction is not allowed: Any player caught intentionally getting themselves out to keep from gettng their points stolen drops to zero points. Questionable acts can be voted on. Players can only win from the King square.

-Tom's rule:
Trippy serves are legal and after x amount of kicks or legal contacts players are allowed to catch the footbag with your hand and serve to another square.

-Kick your square number:
Players must kick it the minimum number of times equal to the square they are playing in. No one is allowed to interfere/steal until the minimum is met.

-Ace everyone - play to 50 or 100:

Similar to Ace the King but all squares can be aced.

-Same side:
The defending player must recieve with the same side the footbag was passed with. If a player passes using their left leg, the recieving player must make the first contact with the left leg or they're out. Watch out for clippers!

-Losers of hack-off drop to zero points:
Uhh, losers of hack-off drop to zero points

-Roullette:
Each square is assigned a specific rule/proposition. The square that a player is eliminated from determines the next round's rule. For example, square 3 is assigned Spikes Allowed for Lowest Score. If a player is eliminated from square 3, then the player or players with lowest score are allowed to spike for the next round. Another variation of this rules uses different types of footbags or other kickable objects instead of rules. It helps to have a wide variety; like net bags, takraws, old floppy sandbags, rolled up socks, or old plush toys. Use your imagination.

-No emotional outbursts:
Any player in the court that displays any kind of emotion is out. Watch out for little children!

-Ong Bak:
Passes must be made using your knee.

-Spikes allowed for the lowest score:
Players with the lowest score in the court can spike. Watch out for little Zekes!

-Spin rule!:
Before the serve, all players do a complete spin equal to their square number. Players at game point spins double the normal amount. Personally, this is more fun to watch than play... especially if it's 6 square!

-Five in a row:
The first player to score five points consecutively playing with original rules wins. Scores do not carry over when eliminated.

-Double Team:
Players that cooperate to ace another player both recieve 1 bonus point. 2 points each if they take out the king. This rule still needs some tweaking but it was still alot of fun to try.

-Spike after X amount of contacts:
Similar to Tom's Rule but instead ot catching and trippy serving after a set amount of contacts you can spike. Lots of fun.

-Highlander Alpha:
Each player has one point. The only way to score is to ace another player and take their point (or points). Player with all the points is the winner. There can be only one. Works well if there is no line of players waiting to get in.

-Highlander Beta:
No points. First player to Ace everyone else wins. Works well if there is no line of players waiting to get in. As an option you can propose that if you lose a hack-off, you lose your aces and start over.

Other peoples rules that I like
-Line rule:
When the footbag lands on a line all players in the court are out.

-One eyed pirate:
Everyone in the court plays with their right hand covering their left eye or the other way around. Oh, and the arm passes BEHIND their head.
Last edited by Zeke on 03 Mar 2006 22:05, edited 2 times in total.
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 03 Mar 2006 08:15

This is a compilation of all the propositions in the various threads in this forum. I've edited some of the posts so none of the rules are repeated. There are quite a few so I might have missed some.

Zeke wrote: -no swearing in the squares. Each offence is a point deduction, not an out.

-score from any square.

-king serves only to square with highest score.

-must kick 2 times before passing.

-player with highest score must play with a handicap; cover one eye or kick with weakside only.

-timed 4 square. No points. Person in the king square at the end of a designated amount of time wins
C-Fan wrote: 1. Players outside the circle can vote.
2. Toe stalls, toe kicks only (no clipper based moves or inside kicks)
3. Left leg only.
4. Stalls only.
5. You have to say the name of every move you do, as you execute them. This led to lots of people repeatedly saying "inside kick, inside kick" but I threw down some strings and did play-by-play of my tricks as I did it. Lots of fun.
6. Say a footbag move every time you kick the bag, no repeats allowed.
mosher wrote:- spikes on
- flying kicks only
- start singing a song when you pass the bag, stop singing if you contact the bag again, and repeat if you get it again.
- say a colour/movie/fruit/flavour etc. when you pass
- pirates, and then switching eyes
- spin after you pass
- combos: spins/fliers, pirate/flier, spinning pirates, spikes/spins. etc
- toes only
dyalander wrote: animal noises after every pass - noises must be unique within each point and must be relitively recognisable.

footbager names after each pass- again names must be unique within each point, and must also be recognisable (ie you can't just yell "Bill" and expect everyone to know who you're talking about). We also experimented with spinning while clapping and yelling an animal noise after every pass, but this tended to lead to really short points.
peanutbuterboy wrote:everytime you hit it you had to say a word, but the words had to go together so you told a story. If you stalled the back you could finish the sentance.
acxel22 wrote:a good rule that I turn on a lot is :
When you move one square you have to jump over the line ..
OMG its crazy how much people dont jump, especially when they made the line for like 3 minutes and walk in , got to go do line again!

Then once people are used to it, I say you have to Spin jump to the next square!

and my favorite : No Goldberging
Matt Cross wrote:a fun rule is you can spike the bag if it's above your waist and you spike it with a part of your body that's below your waist.
Jeremy wrote:after you have kicked the bag once you have to old your ears and stick out your tongue for the rest of the point.
ShredOnLawn wrote:But I like LEft Foot or No________ surface of you foot Insides, outside, etc

Pasing over head height is good

One contact only is good

Two contacts or less is even better

Both hands behind the back.

cross armed

hands over head

standing on one foot

I've never tried Can only pass diagonaly or NO Diagonal Passes

NO shoes

No Lavers

One shoe only
skoxn wrote:everyone with glasses changes with a non-glass guy.
funny thing :wink:

also, only serving with left hand does lots of people get confused (especially when they drank some alc...)
Samurai wrote:chris pinkus proposes the mystery rule, which only he knows i hate that one because its always something that gets everyone out and he just wins
Samurai wrote: Spikes are legal if the move before was a pendulum.
Boyall wrote:on 14 (match point) we say UNO (as in the card game) or else you go back to 13 again and have to fight that bit longer.
Uranos wrote:Once you kicked you have to touch your hands on the ground.

Hard.
Samurai wrote:i propose no out of bounds.. if it lands out of bounds then someone can just pick it up (with their foot) and keep playing
Samurai wrote:i propose osis only
Boyall wrote:if the sack lands in the exact middle on or over the intersection then who ever kicked it goes to king and the other players are ejected from the ground and placed into the line.
Dat wrote:say the next letter of the alphabet before passing.
Asmus wrote:You have to hit a trick with the same adds or an add more than the person before you did before passing.
If everyone touches the bag once in the current round then the round will be worth 2 points instead of 1 for the server if they win.
joecrain wrote:I propose we all take off our shoes and keep one in each hand and your allowed to hit the bag with shoes.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 03 Mar 2006 15:13

The losing your points on a hack off isn't a rule in Highlander Beta. Do you think it should be? :)

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 03 Mar 2006 22:04

Right, that was an option we added to make it more interesting. I'll change the post to be more acurate
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 04 Mar 2006 13:30

outside players are allowed to snake the bag (is only fun with large foursquares)
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 05 Mar 2006 13:57

Spike is allowed only on one contact (eg. 5th contact only) or range of contacts (eg. contacts 4 through 6).

In order to make the bag be in a more random position when it gets to the specified contact there are possibilitles such as a maximum number of kicks for each square:
eg.
square 1: 4 kicks
square 2: 3 kicks
square 3: 2 kicks
square 4: 1 kicks

spike is allowed only on prime contacts above 3.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 22 Apr 2006 07:54

Some of the rules I've come up with were meant to get the Lane kids to learn certain strategies. Sure it would be easier to just simply say hey, you should do this and that... but it's also kinda boring. Ace the King came about to try and get them to focus on getting the server out instead of taking out random squares. Double team encourages cooperation between 2 players to get kills. Again, the bonus is higher if the king is taken out. It's that extra incentive that really drives the point home.

Losing your points when you lose a hack-off was meant to encourage voting instead of hacking-off first. Also to try and get the bitchers and moaners to just walk out, considering the consequesces.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 22 Apr 2006 14:17

WOW!

Ur a silent genius

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 07 May 2006 20:57

Played highlander beta today. It's really not well suited for anything but a 4 player game IMHO. It just tends to drag on when there are too many players involved.

Losing aces when you lose a hack-off has almost become a standard part of the rule when I play with the Lane kids. I got into a hack-off with Meinard, supremely confident that I could get the kill. I had 5 aces, needing only Meinard for the win. I underestimated his hacking skill (he's been kicking as long as I have) and some of the Lane kids backing him up from out-of-bounds. I ended up in a bad position at the far end of my square and kicked it too hard, overshooting Meinards square. FUCK! Lost all my aces. Had to work my ass off to get them back It definately adds to that part of the game.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 14 May 2006 21:29

Iron Clad Ben wrote:... spikes were legal from 3ft out of bounds or farther.
I wonder how effective this would be with the french canadians?
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 27 Jul 2006 21:13

DDR
After passing the bag players MUST touch one of the perimeter lines (not the inner lines dividing the court) with their foot before getting the bag again. If he or she recieves/steals/snakes the footbag without touching the line first, they are out.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Oroza
Fearless

Post by Oroza » 28 Jul 2006 09:44

Kings Castle:

Rope off the king square about 3 ft high. Spikes are legal over the rope, but you can still play under aswell< kinda trippy cause you expect everyone to take advantage of the spike rule. bag touching rope is out

Inter-Net or 3D 4-square:

rope off all the squares so you dont need a center post as with kings castle, same rules as above

note: no perimeter ropes (if that wasnt obvious), just square divisions.
Plain, with everything.

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 20 Sep 2006 10:46

If you accidentally say a number lower than your score, that is now your new score.

(If the king accidentally says 6 and their score is 7, then 6 is their new score. If the king says "am I the only one that likes this rule" then their new score is 1.)
Johnny Suderman

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 20 Sep 2006 13:05

we played one time that you had to have a metal folding chair in contact with your ass at all times, whether its sitting on it or just holding it to your ass. that was amusing.

one time everyone had to count backwards in multiples of 7 from 100 on every kick, if that makes sense. as in, no matter who kicked it, it went:
1st kick="100"
2nd kick="93"
3rd kick="86"
or other number variations like that. backwards from 100 is damned hard if you're going by numbers like 7.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 20 Sep 2006 14:08

slapdash21 wrote:we played one time that you had to have a metal folding chair in contact with your ass at all times, whether its sitting on it or just holding it to your ass. that was amusing.

one time everyone had to count backwards in multiples of 7 from 100 on every kick, if that makes sense. as in, no matter who kicked it, it went:
1st kick="100"
2nd kick="93"
3rd kick="86"
or other number variations like that. backwards from 100 is damned hard if you're going by numbers like 7.
yea we do that to except we start fro 114,688 :lol:
Ben Rea

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 02 Oct 2006 11:48

Head-butt spikes.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 26 Nov 2006 18:11

Slowsis wrote:Head-butt spikes.
I've accidentally kicked at least 3 people's faces who tried that on me. Just be carefully when you try it!
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood