F.A.T.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Slowsis
Circle Jerk

F.A.T.

Post by Slowsis » 29 Mar 2006 15:48

This might end up being just a lot of me, but hopefully the other T.O shredders will contribute!

SO!

First of all, there is a big shred happening at York University on the 15th of April, so if you are in the area, come by!!! Its not a tourney or anything, but we will all be getting our shred on.

ALSO!!!

Tomorrow The Amazing Greenwood (yours truly :wink: ) will be putting on a footbag performance at the University of Waterloo! This is a paid event, and in front of hundreds of people...so wish me luck! :P

EVEN MORE!!!

This last weekend, myself and Camille made a trip out to Kingston for Vida's B-day! This was awesome, her and a new shreddita, Vicky, are still playing all the time and getting better! What was really amazing about the weekend though, was when i got taken on a tour of the town. A big group of us went over to the downtown to look around, and because it was a beautiful day, i brought a skateboard with me. Once we got on the main street, i was feeling a bit hungry, so i hopped into a Quiznos for a bite. When i emerged I found myself without my tour guides, in a city that I'd never been to! I decided to skate in the direction they had gone, and hopped on my board. The main street of Kingston is a nice long hill, and before I knew it, I had gone much farther than they could have walked. At this moment, i hear someone yell "GREENWOOD"!!! I turn around, and who should be standing there, other then the one and only Tom Mosher (avec Peng). After many greetings, i decided to go and look for my posse some more, but only after making sure he'd come and shred at the party that night. I skated around for a while, and didn't find them, but luckily I ran into Mosher again and went by his place. Eventually i found my way back to Vida's, and the rest of the evening was a blur of footbag followed by booze, and tons of cool people.

Till next time![/url]
Last edited by Slowsis on 04 Jun 2012 11:06, edited 21 times in total.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Skeletor
Multidex Master

Post by Skeletor » 29 Mar 2006 16:02

Im just going to pretend I live in toronto because there are such fucking cool shredders/shredita's there!
So ima post in your toronto blog Adam.

Thanks so much for coming down, we partied hard and the shred advice you gave me has been the best ive received yet and so far its some of the only advice thats actually helped!!! I hit the trick!!!!!!!!!!!!! more than once!

I wish I could make it up for your performances and shreds but the best Ill be able to do is NEXT FRIDAY/SATURDAY.

Be there, or this time I'll be cutting you with that big knife.
Vida Shredita

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 29 Mar 2006 16:35

Hello all!

Greenwood informed me that he would be starting this blog and urged me to be a part of it, Toronto footbagger that I am!
So I'm Josh Lackey, and I shred a few times a week at York University. As Adam mentioned, come down everyone on April 15th for the (academic) year-end session! Ok, enough promotion, on to the blog.

The weather here in the city has been amazing over the last few days, woe to classes but hello to footbag. Low wind and crazy perfect temperature has seen me shredding in the commons, sometimes with others, sometimes only me and the sound of acoustic guitars, as I'm not the only one enjoying the sun. Check out the shred spots thread to see the venue. Bill Hladik (sp?) was out for a bit yesterday, first time for him since Feb 3rd. He was sketched out, however, from lack of sleep due to the academic times we live in. Oh well, it was nice to see him as he was one of the three people (along with Greenwood and Camille) who I credit with really starting me off in footbag.

The York U scene is all I'm really able to comment about, not having had the opportunity to go to many other events so far (been playing about 8 months now though, really gotta do that!). But at York there are a couple beginning players who I'm doing my best to keep enthusiastic, I'm sure many can attest that it's hard / frustrating sometimes to start out.

But that's my first comment on the Toronto Footblog. I encourage anyone to comment, especially those who kick the sack in the GTA! Til whenever!
Joshua Lackey
"Class is what I do during my Footbag breaks"
Challenge me! Toronto/FAT Footblog

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 30 Mar 2006 14:28

Some more nice weather today! A little more wind than yesterday, but still great for shred! A few of the regulars out today in the mostly beginner scene that is York U... with a little more work and time...!

So here's some photo documentation:

Some decent all round shred. Some juggling going on too later, but my batteries were dead. Greenwood is usually out on Thursdays but is in Waterloo right now performing, so props out to him. Bill was here again today, but without gear, so he mostly juggled and gave me some good whirl tips. Nice! Adrian, the one with Lavers in the picture (and also the only one in decent attire, so far), is prgressing well too, getting a little more bounce to his style today! I also captured on my camera's video option a decent run and Dimwalk > Ripwalk. I have them on my computer but can't rotate them or anything so if you can help let me know. So good day all in all, other than the fact that I skipped an important class to accomplish this... still worth it!
Joshua Lackey

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 31 Mar 2006 07:15

Report on Waterloo Footbag presentation!!!!!

Yesterdays event was possibly the best thing that has ever happened to me. It consisted of solo's, a duet with a super-talented beat-boxer, and some runs that I never thought I'd pull off on stage!!!
Edit: VIDEO SOON!!!

I also happened to shred with Aaron T. from waterloo, who I hadn't shredded with in a LONG time. Sweet session, a little short though.

All in all it was a great day in Waterloo, and I have been adopted by the posse i was performing with....The Funk Fanatics. It was great to be part of a show that ended up showcasing so many different talents. I hope to do many events with this crew in the future. :D

In other news......

I am having a big problem in my life. I can't keep girlfriends. It not to hard to get them, but I break up with them or get dumped within a month. ALWAYS. I don't get it, and its driving me crazy. :?
Last edited by Slowsis on 31 Mar 2006 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 31 Mar 2006 08:36

Forget about girls and thake your show on the road! Props for a great performance and promoting footbag so much lately!!

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 01 Apr 2006 14:24

Well, I'm not reeeeeeally from Toronto, but TECHNICALLY I am. Megacity, say what. Anyway, for anybody who hasn't read my blog and is reading this one, I'm Skippy from Mississauga. I've been playing for something like 7 months now. I haven't really gotten into the big add tricks yet, and I can string tiltless for a few contacts. I'm finally starting to amass a Sauga posse which will hopefully develop into a wonderful source of big shred!! I'm gonna try my very hardest to get down to York for the year-end jam (even though I have 2 more weeks of school after) and maybe if we're lucky I can bring some fresh new shredders over.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 03 Apr 2006 12:26

Sweet shred at York today.....tons of new stuff!!!

Blenders in general feeling like they've broken through, it was just a matter of spinning into them more. I always used to try them like a whirl frigid osis to pull around, but now I see that the key is to finish the whirl with a quick backspin into the osis, and they just happen!!! :D

I can't wait for the rest of this week. On wednesday I'm going to go shred with Ryan S downtown somewhere, and on the weekend the one and only Vida Shreddita is coming into town to shred with Camille and myself.

Sweetness.

In personal news, I had a shitty weekend, in everything other than footbag, so I have been shredding and drinking my sorrows away. Its actually a good combination for some reason. :lol:

Whatever, after my tree planting in May and June, things will be back to normal, and I can get on with my life. I heart footbag.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 03 Apr 2006 14:22

Adam: You, Vida, and Camille should come to goddamned Mississauga. Hahaha
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 03 Apr 2006 14:52

VIDEO!!! i want to see the presentation!

that's so great that it went well, adam. super props. I can't wait to see!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 03 Apr 2006 17:52

Matt raises a good point.....watch the video section in the near future for the Waterloo Blackout Event!!!

Hit this link right at the end of my York session today, but decided it was so fearless, it might not make it into the shred Symposium.....Pheonix>Pdx Blender :P
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Skeletor
Multidex Master

Post by Skeletor » 03 Apr 2006 18:18

Yo Danny boy
more like you should come to toronto
friday 8pmish bay and dundas bus station
be there for footbag and then some partying

unless you're a square

:twisted: :P
Vida Shredita

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 03 Apr 2006 18:27

I'm in toronto and a footbagger!

Unfortunately I will be going back to ottawa for the summer in 3 weeks..

But I'm here now :D hoorah!
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

BuckRuckus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by BuckRuckus » 04 Apr 2006 09:40

Ooo! Now that I know the secret location, maybe I could show up and kick too?

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 04 Apr 2006 17:21

Well...

Although it is Easter weekend on the 15th, Mosher and others may still be around. May turn out as something after all.

Skippy, welcome to the TO blog. As far as I'm considered Mississauga counts, hehe. And if you're also thinking of coming down for the 15th, we all (me i guess?) need to start organizing a time and what-not. Good to hear Seath is in town, hope I get some shred in with you!

Indoors again today due to shitty weather... *shrug*
Great session today though, finished an exam and after a quick relaxation break played with Adrian B and others. Ended up hitting eggbeater and food processor goodside... I'll count that as a good day. Lendl, who plays with us, hit some better mirages and I think legover BSOS, so props to him. Dominique, local juggler extraordinaire, hung around for a bit as well showing her skills.
Joshua Lackey

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 04 Apr 2006 18:12

I am stoked to come shred with you people!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 04 Apr 2006 20:12

York shred going down tomorrow afternoon, Who's coming???
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Skeletor
Multidex Master

Post by Skeletor » 04 Apr 2006 21:12

man.. im hoping to be in toronto officially september.

wish me luck on this, i really really really want to be adopted into the toronto shred crew, they are my fav so far!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait to shred

come one come all 8pm dundas and bay bus station meeting and then we'll go find a good spot weather depending
Vida Shredita

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 04 Apr 2006 22:30

Seath wrote:York shred going down tomorrow afternoon, Who's coming???
Me of course!!!!
And Lackey too.....maybe others...i'll try to get a posse together.

Edit: Vida= Honorary FAT!!!
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 05 Apr 2006 07:40

So I'm checking my e-mail last night, and as it turns out I've got a free Mirken bag coming my way! Boo-yah! What a wicked day it was... Let's make some more good times today!
Vida, I'm so looking forward to meeting you! Go TO area shred!
Joshua Lackey