Andrew's f00t(blog)

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
andr00
Multidex Master

Andrew's f00t(blog)

Post by andr00 » 06 Apr 2006 19:00

4-6-06

ell ive been putting off doing this for awhile, but i figure its a good thing to start doing for personal reference and reflection, espefcially when im still new.

anyways, one week and 4 days ago I got my Mr. Sandbag, and thats when it all began.

I started learning toe delays, and within 3 days I had both sides down. Then i started skooling inside kicks. It took me about 2 days to get those down (both sides).

Then I started drilling strong side clipper [del] that weekend (i had My mr. sandbag for only 5 days), and just kept skooling the coordination, but not getting frustrated cause i was still using my new balances.

THEN the next monday, everything changed. I got my LAVERS.

I immediately found solitude at my (now official :D ) shred spot - the mississippi river rec. area. very scenic area with lots of passersby for footbag reppin.

Now, after 4 days with my lavers, and 11 days with my mr sandbag total, I am consistently hitting:

-(both sides) toe [del]
-(both sides) ATW [set]
-(strong side) Clip [del]
-(strong side) mirage [del]
-(strong side) flying clipper

and when im lucky

-(strong side) pixie [set]
-(weak side) clip [del]
-(weak side) clip [set]
Last edited by andr00 on 30 Apr 2006 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew's f00t(blog)
Last Updated: 5-22-06
zilla wrote: It's like being a jedi and making your own lightsaber

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 06 Apr 2006 19:05

oh and up there when I say lucky I don't mean lucky, I mean 1/3 times
Andrew's f00t(blog)

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 07 Apr 2006 15:01

awww dude no way that's your shred spot! I drove past it to get to my buddy's place when I used to party!

Either way! We need to set up a shred session and what not sometime soon! My buddy Jason [happy birthday dudesky] hit datw today!!! You've gotta meet these shredderz. How does Easter Monday sound?

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 11 Apr 2006 11:38

yeah man i love shreddin there, its beautiful and theres no hackers comin in.

4-11-06
Yesterday I met up with Josh (thevindicator) and his friend Jason and I had the opportunity to shred with them for awhile. It was cool as hell to shred with others who know whats up, and watch them do the tricks that I cant seem to get a handle on by just waching the vids on trick tips. I havent mastered any new moves yet but my mirage is coming along as is my pixie set.

on another note, I have no footbag to play with until thursday night when I get home (or get in touch with someone whos got one to bum to me until then) but yeah its really harsh not bein able to shred.
Andrew's f00t(blog)

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 13 Apr 2006 10:32

posting for 4-12-06

wow. yesterday I had a great session. I finished my 32 panel (the right way) and spent about an hour breaking it in. I kicked it around a bunch, washed it with shampoo, paper towel dried it and rolled it around in a dryer (fabric softener) sheet for a while, then i froze it.

I did that cycle twice - before my session and after. (It got hella dirty...)

And so yesterday my session was crazy. I hit legovers, pixie set, and clipper delays on both sides reallly strong. I am feeling improvement coming pretty fast and lovin it. My legover on the left (weak side) hasnt come yet but I got it nailed on the strong side. Will work on skooling both today, with my heady 32 panel!
Andrew's f00t(blog)

Rad
Shredalicious

Post by Rad » 15 Apr 2006 07:33

Nice blog, I'm about the same spot your in minus the fact that I can't even do an ATW. I've had my MR. for about 9 days now. I made a mistake and I don't have a decent shred shoe yet and I don't really have anyone to shred with. I'm going to stop reading these blogs and go get that stupid ATW down. Do lavers make that big of a difference?

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 16 Apr 2006 20:35

Yes, they absolutely do. If you mod them correctly and lace up your lavers right - you'll DEFINITELY understand the hype.

4-16-06
I came home for the weekend (from St Paul) and brought my footbags and lavers with me (OF COURSE). I havent had that great or exciting of a shred session however I have been playing randomly throughout the weekend and have solidified my strong side legover, pickup and pixie. My weak side legover is inconsistent and I havent tried the pickup or pixie yet (my weak side dex is coming very slowly but I can feel the improvement every time I skool it).

My clipper delays on both sides are getting very consistent and I am super close to being able to string them together. I can drop>clip del almost every time without problem on both sides now, and can work them into little strings easily too.

Goals for the next week:
weak side dex
strong side 2ATW
start thinking about osis?
Andrew's f00t(blog)

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 17 Apr 2006 14:34

4-17-06: Afternoon Session
Played for a bit under an hour today, hit some good stuff:
Strong Side (right foot):
Fairy Clipper
Pickup
Legover
Clip Delay
Pixie Set
Weak Side(left foot):
ATW
Legover
Clip Delay

however I am still experiencing lots of frustration with my weak side dexing and just feel like i cannot improve on it! its slowly coming but i am really tiring of the weak side incompetency. especially since i can get a legover (3/5 times average ATM) and so i feel like i should have no problem doing a simple ATW, pixie, fairy, etc. Ugh. [/rant]

My clipper delays are lookin sweet on both sides though (they are becoming automatic if i drop but 4/5 times when from a toe set).

I hit this sweet move and have it pretty much nailed now after only a few trials...right foot fairy set into op foot clip delay. idk how i am able to do it so suddenly, after almost no practice...but i love it!
Andrew's f00t(blog)

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 20 Apr 2006 21:05

4-20-06

I kicked for about an hour today, and because Ive got some cold or something (stuffed up and sneezing etc) think my body got over worked and I just couldnt kick anymore :oops:

I was hitting some good strings though! I am becoming great (just like my goal!) at my weak side (left foot) dex's. my ATWs are solid now and it is a great feeling to have overcome my fear of the left footed dex.

I have reached a plateau where I decided I am going to sit until I am completely ambidexterous. My goal, before taking on any more strong side moves, is consistent alternating feet with all of these moves:

-Pixie (check)
-Legover (check)
-ATW (check)
-Clipper and Clipper Delay
-Pickup
-Fairy Clipper
-Pixie Legover

I hope I am pacing myself correctly, but its hard to know because I felt like I was before I met up with Josh Rose but then like 3 days after shredding with him I was hitting legovers (unthinkable before kicking with him) so maybe when I kick with him on saturday I will be inspired a bit and given more ideas to start working on, however at the moment I am just working on BS.

It's kind of boring but I feel like I will thank myself in the long run.

My bag is another thing - i cant wait to get a new 32 panel. This one has lost tons of filler and it was my first 32 ever stitched so its kind of lopsided (lol) and so it will be nice to expand a lil bit. My Mr. Sandbag is fun, though.

ttfn

Andrew
Andrew's f00t(blog)

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 24 Apr 2006 17:46

4-24-06

Ok, today is my first entry for awhile but don't think that means I havent been shredding! I went to an AWESOME demo with Josh R and his friend Jason at the Plymouth YMCA on saturady and had a great time. I worked on my basics and landed a bunch of good solid stuff. We kicked for nearly 4 hours, and by then I was BEAT.

The next day I decided to take it easy and just kick for like 45 minutes, not really skooling anything.

Today, though, I decided to take it to the next level and ask modified for help. I asked for suggestions on what to be hitting next. The most common response had to do with butterfly, so i began work on that. It is tough, but I'm on the brink of the strong side butterfly I think! I skooled it for like 40 minutes and got very close many times. I can do a butterfly kick but I cant delay it yet.

footbag!
Andrew's f00t(blog)

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 30 Apr 2006 13:32

4-30-06

NOW WE ARE PLAYING FOOTBAG!

wow. today effin ROCKED.

I have been skooling my Strong side butterfly since about wednesday but today i got it dialed. it was sweet.

THEN...I hit otherside butterfly almost on the first try (only took me about a few tries and i got that one)

then I started stringing butterflys.

THEN

I hit INFINITY FIRST TRY (strong side)!!!! it was awesome. now I am hitting both sides of ininty AND butterfly

and on one side I hit this:

clipper then dex it with the same leg before landing it (idk the name tho)

effin sweet.

so today was an awesome

i really feel like im playing footbag now!
Last edited by andr00 on 01 May 2006 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew's f00t(blog)

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 30 Apr 2006 13:49

(4-30)

oh, and im getting mirages both sides easy now too! :twisted: :twisted: 8)
Andrew's f00t(blog)

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 04 May 2006 10:40

5-4-06

just in mid-shred right now waiting for laundry to finish.

currently I am schooling the hell out of butterflies, mirages and my pixie set.

i am working on making strings.

also, my infinity is coming along strong but not quite dialed like butterflys

i am looking next to get a dimwalk
Andrew's f00t(blog)

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 04 May 2006 10:42

just letting you know

1: infinity is clipper set far butterfly

2: parkwalk is easier than dim walk (imo) (pix plant ssbutterfly)

3: your bag is 4 pents away from being finished.

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 08 May 2006 08:17

nice thanks bri^^

5-8-06

i have been schooling a lot lately, not hitting much new stuff but mainly working on smoothly integrating butterflies into my strings - which adds a hell of a lot to my game.

yesterday I was fkin around with my clipper set and hit paradox mirage, which was cool. i got that on film and threw it online: click on the pic to see the video

my new zilla bag is workin out AWESOME and i have been skoolin mad with it latley. i have hit some great strings and am pretty dialed on both sides butterfly. my infinities are coming along but my flip side isgiving me some problems lately for whatever reason.

i almost hit dimwalk yesterday

eh. thats it for now
Andrew's f00t(blog)

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 17 May 2006 18:55

5-17-06

today was a good shred day

i packed up my dorm room and had a lot more room than usual, played for about an hour of just stringing butterflys and stuff, my stepping set is pretty good but i havent worked anything out of it yet, but its good on BS so im happy about that.

i also hit a paradox Illusion on my strong side today, first time hit ever so that was solid.

my illusions are coming along slowly, its such a different feeling to try and hit those

i havent tried any new move completely, but i wanna get the spinning clipper sometime soon

hopefully within the next week?
Andrew's f00t(blog)

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 22 May 2006 13:51

4-22-06

Osis is here.

ssia, strong side almost 100% dialed, flipside aint' too shabby either.

updates to come.

also my illusion is tight
Andrew's f00t(blog)

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 22 May 2006 14:07

illusions rock!!!

theyre my fave.

if you like illusions, check

egg beater, bubba beater, flail, and smudge.

theyre all illusions with dif sets... or somethig

ps... hows that bag treating ya? if its still too light, just add some fill.... i didnt have a scale then, so thats my bad for being broke...

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 23 May 2006 08:34

yes, I went and added some size 8 lead shot that I bummed off of vindicator a few days after sending you that PM.

I now like it's weight a lot - but when I played with Josh a week before leaving school for summer, I accidentally left the bag with him!! It's in the mail, he said, so I'll let ya know when it gets here and it being shredded w/ again :P

you should ask him what he thinks of it cause i bet he kicked it quite a bit
Andrew's f00t(blog)