The Sudburian Footblog! (Canada, Ontario, Sudbury)

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.

I'm a Sudburian

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 15

Mathieu Latulippe
Shredalicious

The Sudburian Footblog! (Canada, Ontario, Sudbury)

Post by Mathieu Latulippe » 04 May 2006 22:41

Welcome to the Sudburian Footblog!
Start with a personal intro (like i've done), or get straight to talking if preferred. Enjoy!

Last edited by Mathieu Latulippe on 04 May 2006 23:52, edited 4 times in total.

Mathieu Latulippe
Shredalicious

Intro & Profile: Mathieu Latulippe

Post by Mathieu Latulippe » 04 May 2006 22:42

Mathieu G�rald Philippe Latulippe
From Canada, Ontario, Sudbury.
Born in 1985.
Interest in footbaggin born in 2002 at highschool (Macjack).

My footbag history
After graduating highschool I hardly played because my friend didn't really want to anymore so I had no more hackin' buddy. Although I did occasionally 'kick the sack' here and there, but not enough for improvement. T'was in my 2nd year of college that I really got into it. I pulled out the ol' hack magoo crotchet for the college mates, and we had a blast for breaks and class skipping time.

My one buddy Peete amongst our class skipping deliquent group (90% of the class), found a particular interest in footbagging ( a.k.a.: "hacky sack" back then :) ). So we started shredding more often and then Pete found modified.ca and was looking for shoes and fell upon a google image linking him to worldfootbag.com. Which is when I purchased a "kit" for upgrades. From Vans shoes to Lavers, crotchet hacky sack to a sandmaster, I was well off into the magnificent world of footbag in the summer of 2005. Along with the shoes and footbag came a video "Tricks of the Trade 1" which got me started and educated me on footbag vocabulary and ADD categorization and whatnot. By the end of summer 2005 I went from doing 2 ADD moves to 4 ADD moves.

Enough history, it's present time!
So i'll begin by listing all the move i can already do, then i'll begging posting my discoveries, predicaments, interests and queries pertinent to footbagin' ;)

The Mat Can-Do Moves List
1ADD: Around the world kick, Clipper kick, Cloud kick, Flying inside, Flying outside, Forehead delay, Frigidosis, Head stall, Inside delay, Knee delay, Neck delay, outside delay, shoulder delay, Sole kick, Spin (I rarely spin due to my dizziness abhorrer), toe delay, Heel delay

2ADD: Around the world, Inside a.t.w., Outside a.t.w., Clipper, Bubba, Dragon, Dragonfly kick, Fairy, Flapper, Flying Clipper, Heel Delay, Hop Over, Reverse Hop Over, Illusion, Knee Clipper (but this move i rarely do because it's excellent for nutsacking.. something i'm not particularly fond of.), Leg Over, Mirage, Pendulum, Pickup, Pincher, Pixie, Probe, Rake, Sole Delay, Toe clipper (nut cruncher.. no good), Walk over, wrap

3ADD: Heel ATW (not with lavers), DATW, Butterfly, Butterfly kick, Flapper Delay, DLO, Drifter, Reverse Drifter, Eclipse, Paradox Illusion, Paradox Mirage, Symposium mirage, osis, refraction, Swirl, Reverse swirl, whirl, reverse whirl, fairy clipper, pixie leg over (almost got it but starting with an inside), Pixie opposite clipper, Pixie same clipper, Spinning clipper, Ducking Clipper, Smear (pixie mirage), Fear (fairy mirage)

4ADD: Paradox drifter, Hop over swirl, Symposium double leg over, Torque, Ripwalk

____________________________________________ Now for the fun stuff

Name th(is/ese) move(s)!

#1: Half Pendulum > SAME OUT [DEX] > Rake [DEL]
#2: INSIDE > OP IN [DEX] > OP IN [DEX] > SAME INSIDE [DEL]
#3: INSIDE > OP IN [DEX] > OP IN [DEX] > SAME CLIP [XBD][DEL]---The, Inside Set Quantum Drifter !
#4: RAKE > SAME OUT [1�DEX] > SPIN (half) [BOD] > SAME TOE [DEL] / (RAKE)
Last edited by Mathieu Latulippe on 06 May 2010 23:07, edited 15 times in total.

Pete
Multidex Master

Post by Pete » 04 May 2006 23:33

Pierre Tellier
From Canada, Ontario, Sudbury.
Born in 1982.
shreddin since april 2005.

My footbag history
started playing hackysack in grade 8 i think. by college, i could only do kicks. Then 2nd year of college - that's when I really got into it. My friend matt was doing cooler moves like stalls and pendulum so i checked the web for more info on these moves and then BOOM. i found some better footbags. no more hackysacks!

after i got my 1st sandmaster, i got my stalls perfect and for that entire summer, we practiced. and it's now 2006. i make my own footbags, but i still dont own a pair of lavers. if i can find some cash soon, i'll get a pair.

edit: got lavers. and i can now do many more moves that were not possible before. i will update my list in a bit.

The Moves List
1ADD: Around the world kick, Clipper kick, Cloud kick, Flying inside, Flying outside, Forehead delay, Frigidosis, Head stall, Inside delay, Knee delay, Neck delay, outside delay, shoulder delay, Sole kick, Spin, toe delay, Heel delay

2ADD: Around the world, Clipper, Dragonfly kick, Flying Clipper, Heel Delay, Hop Over, Mirage, Pendulum, Sole Delay, Walk over, wrap

3ADD: Butterfly, Butterfly kick,

4ADD: none

more to come when I have the time. I will continue to update this list so it will always be on the 1st page. :)
Last edited by Pete on 12 Jun 2006 15:31, edited 3 times in total.

Pete
Multidex Master

Post by Pete » 04 May 2006 23:35

plans for summer 06: get alll the 2add moves.

for now, i want to get my mirages, my atw and my leg overs pro. also my clipper stalls and my legover clipper stalls. and i want to start linking them in a routine if possible.

on another note, I got new colours for my fabric so I will start making some sweeet coloured footbag soon. i now have these colours:

pure-red

yellowish-green
dark-green

aqua-blue
light-blue
darkish-red
darkish-yellow
white
black
brown
light brown
redish brown

violet

edit: colours i got might be a bit too thick. :( they make sweet looking bag but i dont think they'll break in corectly. i havent seen an ultrasuedelight footbag yet so i cant compare. ...

Mathieu Latulippe
Shredalicious

Clarifying footbag terminology (lingo)

Post by Mathieu Latulippe » 20 May 2006 09:48

Defining "ADD"
ADD - Said in two senses:
1. An ADD (a specific type of movement or body position).
2. The ADD difficulty of a move (e.g.: 5ADD).

There's approximately 5 ADD categories (Abbr.: [dex], [del], [uns], [bod], [xbd] ) which stands for ( [dexterity], [delay], [unusual surface], [body], [xbody] ). The number of ADDs done in a single move determines its difficulty (e.g.: 1ADD, 2ADD... 7ADD, etc.). A "move" is everything from when the footbag leaves the body, and returns for either a hit or a stall.

Defining "IN" and "OUT" in footbag notation
I never really understood the "in-out", "out-in" in footbag notation, but now I believe I do. Let try explaining it clearly and consicely.

For the left leg:
An "in" (in-out) would be circling the foot or leg counterclockwise around the footbag
An "out" (out-in) would be circling the foot or leg clockwise around the footbag.

And the opposite for the right leg..:
"in" = clockwise
"out" = counterclockwise

Defining "OP"
"OP" is an abbreviation for opposite. OP indicates to use the opposite leg from the one who last did an action with the footbag
Last edited by Mathieu Latulippe on 07 May 2009 02:45, edited 2 times in total.

Pete
Multidex Master

Post by Pete » 23 May 2006 11:48

i have a quick question for the ones who read this.

what would you call this move?

heel stall to wrap around leg and shoot it up. so like a wrap but on the heel.
Heel delay the footbag and pull the footbag around your support leg into a cross body position.

[del][uns] [dex] is that correct??

3add or just 2add?

Pete
Multidex Master

new spot!

Post by Pete » 26 May 2006 08:11

i must say this 1st: i'm finaly gettting lavers!! wooohoooo!
they should get here in a week or 2.

I think we finaly found a great spot to shred...

I had seen a park near my place but i never checked it out and now that the parking lot is so crappy, we decided to investigate.
the park is pretty much just a huge grass field and i doubt anyone goes there to use the field. so it was a nice little shred session.

I still wait for 2 more ppl to get good enough with their kicks to join me and Matt for a 4square game.

mirage = sloppy at best. next session, i will only do these.
clipper stalls = i get them but when i get my lavers, they should improve so much!!

thats it for me today. more news to come for sure this week.

Pete
Multidex Master

Post by Pete » 26 May 2006 22:29

great session today. i'll post more tomorrow.

Mathieu Latulippe
Shredalicious

My stitch fun

Post by Mathieu Latulippe » 27 May 2006 20:46

Pete
Multidex Master

Post by Pete » 28 May 2006 19:35

great bag matt! how does it play? we'll have to break it in next session! (wednesday maybe?)

Mathieu Latulippe
Shredalicious

Post by Mathieu Latulippe » 28 May 2006 21:00

Pete wrote:great bag matt! how does it play? we'll have to break it in next session! (wednesday maybe?)
Like predicted, it's stiff cause of the material. I call this edition of footbags, "Stiffies".
I'm free on Wednesdays and Saturdays and all other days before 4:30PM.

ChronicHero
Circle Kicker

Post by ChronicHero » 31 May 2006 14:50

Collin Stone
From Sudbury Ontario Canada (Why else would I be posting in this topic if otherwise :wink: )
Born in 1989
Kickin the bag since 2002-2003?

Footbag History

I started playing "Hacky Sack" back in Grade 8 when one of my buddies gave me a Hacky Sack out of nowhere and from there I was hooked. Mind you from then until now I was rather lousy and have only started getting serious about it in September 2005.

Its May 31'st now and I've gotten alot better even though Im stuck still using a normal Hacky Sack and a pair of really worn out Nike shoes (Which by the way are quite terrible for Hackin) but Im not letting anything like that slow me down :D

The Moves List!!! (ZOMG)
Now the thing is I dont use the same tricknames as you footbag.org users. Ive never heard anyone ever call tricks those names or of ADD 1-4 moves and such.

Well anyways what I can do:
Jester (Clipper Kick?)
Headstall
Inside Foot Delay
Outside Foot Delay
Toe stall
Money stall (Stall on back of heel)
.... and some other assorted things Im trying to work on at the moment.

Mathieu Latulippe
Shredalicious

Post by Mathieu Latulippe » 03 Jun 2006 08:06

Welcome Sudburian #3

My suggestion to you is to familiarize yourself with the footbag lingo (ADD, Job's notation, move names). Upon discovery, that new knowledge will lead your interest and allow the greater Collin footbagger to arise. I defined a few things in my previous posts up there, check it out. http://www.footbag.org has an excellent ressource for moves; just look in the freestyle section of that website.

On a more physical level, practice your kicking accuracy, with both legs. Once you have control with the basic kicks and whatnot, slowly progress up the ADD latter.

For shoes, check the Modified Shoe Shop

Peace~!

Pete
Multidex Master

Post by Pete » 04 Jun 2006 12:34

ah cool someone new! welcome to modified and to the sudburian footblog!

like matt said, I also recommend getting a sandbag to get your skills at stalling and kicking perfect. especialy control. (you dont want to kick the bag on a roof or something! hehe) get the notations for [dex] [del] and the others. it will help you understand new moves quicker.

and if we can get a few more ppl, it would be cool to organize a shred session sometimes this summer! 8)

Pete
Multidex Master

LAVERS!!

Post by Pete » 06 Jun 2006 09:27

new for me: I got lavers for the 1st time in my life. wooohoooo! all black from ebay. i think we got the last ones. (me and matt got some from ebay)

i got into mass production of my footbags. i'm now trying new styles of colour everyday. my GuruFootbag© is now pro. stitching is consistant.

although i heard that 1 of my bag mighta busted a stitch. i'll have to check that out before i sell anymore.

i got a few new moves in the recent week. nothing spectacular. just moves taht i can get half good. my clipper stalls are nice. i can almost do them all the time. i will try to practice my right leg clippers today.

that's it for me right now.
ps: still looking for 3 ppl so i can play a game of 4square dammit!

Mathieu Latulippe
Shredalicious

Post by Mathieu Latulippe » 07 Jun 2006 09:21

Pete, stop sleeping in so late damnit, i want to play some footbag.. lol. And Kevin and probably some other Sudburians will be making an account soon, they're interested in buying some footbags.

i know you already have a stock to sell, so go nuts man! :D

Pete
Multidex Master

Post by Pete » 07 Jun 2006 09:52

that's great! anyone from sudbury who's interested in buying a bag from me, pls let me know in a PM.(private message)

i currently make a 14panel footbag. sand or pellets. i'm trying to convert stricly to pellets since it doesnt leaks. i also recently started making 4panels.
i can make 4, 6, 8, 12, 14, 26, 32. i prefer stitching anything 14 or less though until you require a pro 32.

my previous colours i bought were a bit too stiff so i prefer staying with the other colours which are:

black, gold, red, grayish blue, white, purple, sand brown, and possibly more if i can go get more colour choice. :)

Mr.Vaughn
Circle Kicker

New

Post by Mr.Vaughn » 07 Jun 2006 22:51

Hi my name is Kevin. I'm new to this footbagging forum. I'll start out with a little bit of my history.

I started footbagging, back then hacky sacking, in highschool, probably grade 10, the older kids were always way better at it, matt, eric and clinton, in particular. As they graduated from school a few buddies and i were able to keep the sport alive during the smokers section at lunch, and eventually gained permission from school authority to footbag in the halls during spares and lunch. After highschool my friends and I drifted apart and lost interest in footbagging.

Just recently however i was waiting for a dealer and needed to pass some time. So i broke out the old crochet footbag and started to kick it around with my buddy. Shortly after that i hear from Matt. I hadn't seen him since we played ska together back in the day, except for at the occasional party or concert. But he IM-ed me none the less and told me off this wonderfull footbag forum. Since that day i've been hitting up my old crochet footbag to pass any extra minutes.

Matt tells me that footbags are much nicer to play with than the old crochet things so i plan on buying a few off of pete for my buddies and I.
And those green Rod Lavers are very high up on my list of things to buy.

I should be posting here as i progress in skill. For now i'm still very newbish. for now i'm still definately only on the first tier of tricks.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 03 Oct 2006 08:34

Whoa! Can't beleive I missed this! You should shred with me if you ever come south(toronto).
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Pete
Multidex Master

Post by Pete » 05 Oct 2006 22:50

thats a great idea. :D
i think i'm done for the winter but i keep my footbags with me at all time incase i have a few min.