A message from China

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Mathieu Latulippe
Shredalicious

A message from China

Post by Mathieu Latulippe » 06 May 2009 09:37

Dear fellow footbaggers, here's a message from China and the Chinese footbag situation or at least from what I've seen. I'm teaching abroad in the Jiangsu province of China and have been for 8 months. I've also traveled to the Guizhou, and Anhui provinces. The equivalence of a footbag in China is called a ( 毽å­

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 06 May 2009 10:03

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

One of these days, maybe in the next year or so, I'll be visiting the motherland with my family. And with doing so I plan on playing footbag all around China. :wink: I haven't kicked a shuttlecock on Chinese soil for 5 years now!
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 07 May 2009 01:22

I have one of those!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 May 2009 08:43

My dad grew up on this, and I played when I was in Hong Kong when I was little (pre-1997). Back in his day, though, they'd use a round cut-out chunk of a phone book -- like hundreds of little layered circles of paper (and real feathers) held together with leather kinda, and I think they kick better than the cheap plastic ones (which also tend to fall apart easier).

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 07 May 2009 09:09

I have one that has a plastic cap hosting three iron rings above its base, with a bunch of neon dyed feathers on top. It doesn't kick as well as the leathered ones, but it's really cool to see (and hear) it fly. :)
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 17 May 2009 04:40

Cool to hear! How do they react to shred?

I have many shuttlecocks and live in a very asian area so they only cost me a buck, but they're for sure my favourite kicking toys!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!