Bassnectar project HD

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.

Thumb up or down?

Up
100%
Down
No votes

Total votes: 15

footjam_heger
Egyptian Footgod

Bassnectar project HD

Post by footjam_heger » 17 Aug 2009 09:57

Footbag people,

I am happy to announce another footbag video. It's called Bassnectar, starring SilUi, my br o. Dedicated to him.

Camcorder Canon HG21
Lens Death-Baby, 180 angle fisheye lens
Shot within 1h
Edited 4h
Size 72MBs, Full HD
Duration 2mins
Format m4v
Music Bassnectar

Watch HD!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoBV5edFF6U[/youtube]

Feel free to comment, share, rate and download.

Flav

TayChaint
Multidex Master

Post by TayChaint » 17 Aug 2009 10:34

Wicked video Flavio! :D
Taylor Chaintreuil

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 17 Aug 2009 11:43

Sick video. Good shred too. I thought the ending credits flashed too fast to read. Aside from this, the video was very enjoyable to watch.
Mike Anello
http://www.rochesterfootbag.com
Never give up, unless up is what the customer really wants.

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 17 Aug 2009 16:36

Man Flavio, you make the best footbag videos ever. Legitimately lofty style+quality, and you do it with such ease! You should consider patting yourself on the back, and maybe eating some candy. Thanks!
Jay Boychuk

ianek
BSOS Beast

Post by ianek » 18 Aug 2009 15:00

it's great, but i don't like when camera is moving. zoom is also too close sometimes and we don't see the bag with darker background.

so i like the lenght of the vid, the music, the editing, but we don't see the shred parts well enough to really appreciate footbag.

please do more videos.

thanks
Ianek Regimbald

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 19 Aug 2009 08:00

Really slick!

For months and months and months the only CD in the CD player at our regular shreds was a Bassnectar CD and so I have shredded to this song sooooooooooo many times hahaha.

Keep making more videos, you make the sport look not as dorky as it is!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 19 Aug 2009 08:33

Love it! flavio, that's the sickest "in your face/ how you like me now?" type of video for footbag i have ever seen.
I have to disagree with Ianek about the panning shots. I think they helped make the vid what it is. This isn't a hard core shred video. From what i saw i took away maybe 5 tricks from the vid (magellan, ripwalk, ripstien, spinning clipper, merkon, and i really struggled to remember the last two) but the impression i took away from the video i could go on about at length.
That's the type of editing i love! Disagree that you don't get a good appreciation for footbag. hard fast cuts give you a good sense as to what shred is like. there's a million things happening at once, and if you aren't paying attention, you'll miss it. I agree with him about some of the other comments though. some of the stuff was flashed in the credits too quick (but the text during the vid i felt went really well with the feeling of the video) and at times the bag was hard to see. A bigger more colourful bag, or more attention to your lighting and editing effects would help it stand out a bit better.
i give the vid huge thumbs way up!
This vid should have alot more comments!
A.G.

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 19 Aug 2009 12:47

Super-polished, with great techniques. The squelching of the image along with the bass in the beginning is great, as is the gradual blur as as your brother is zooming out in the end. Cuts around the head, ripstein and soul delay were great micro-edits to match the glitches/cuts in the music.

cons:
I thought the segment around the section with the sample "Dirty" was awkward, as though the relationship between the A/V was underdeveloped or less worked, and not in any way that was reinforced by the implications of the sample ("dirty")- just not as tightly-woven.

I found the naming of the shredder and the credits came in at an awkward time. They seemed too late or too soon in the video for it to flow naturally. It threw me through a loop, and not the sophisticated sort of loop that you pulled off by reinforcing A/V relationships. A weird, puzzled and awkward kind of loop.

Aside from those two cons (which only get my goat because I thought the rest was flawless) the vid was hip, flashy, brutally technical, intelligent and certainly matched the intensely synaesthetic nature of footbag.

The techniques beg for a longer production. They each seem worthy of repetition and reintroduction.

Wiktor
Multidex Master

Post by Wiktor » 23 Aug 2009 13:51

Hey Flavio!

Thanks for the video. It looks great.
Personally i liked the dynamic editing with short shots.
Of course its not a standard shredvideo, so i don`t expect to see long combos.

I look forward for next productions. We need this quality!
Wiktor Debski

footjam_heger
Egyptian Footgod

Post by footjam_heger » 27 Aug 2009 00:22

Thanks a lot for these comments. It's a pity I don't have enough time to write a proper reply to all these questions and feedbacks.

To make it short.

In fact, the video was made by purpose very "in your face/how you like me now?". Hacksterbator worte a lovely sum-up.

Note the only footage taken was 1h. Plus, the player dropped quite many times thus longer strings are hard to implement. This is indeed no hard core shred video rather it shows people what footbag is. It's fast, crazy, complicated and stylish.

Bag color. Yes, that's true. The idea first was to reedit that part using visual effects. However, this takes a lot of time and that's why there's no bag glow etc. in it. No time for editing frame by frame, you understand that :)

If you pay attention regarding the credits at the end; they all flash with the beat and disappear exactly with it as well. Made by purpose. It's a speedy video that's why.

mosher's comment (since he's the fixed gear guy now and might not be as interested in footbag as in the past anyomore, but still commented on this video) made me laugh. Glad you played with that song for sooooo many times. I love the tunes :)

Was patting myself on the back and had swedish candy. Yummy.

Spread the video. Share, rate, comment. Frankly, footbag should be represented with videos like that :)
You can make stylish and lofty+quality videos too.

Shred on.

hrdcorethndr1
Shredaholic

Post by hrdcorethndr1 » 29 Aug 2009 10:18

sick video, it was really asthetically pleasing, if i had no idea what footbag was I'd replay it a million times over :D
Zachary Morgan

footjam_heger
Egyptian Footgod

Post by footjam_heger » 02 Sep 2009 11:09

hrdcorethndr1 wrote:sick video, it was really asthetically pleasing, if i had no idea what footbag was I'd replay it a million times over :D
glad you like it

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 02 Sep 2009 16:51

Great video F man!

I like how professional it looks. You are talented at making videos, that is for sure. Can't wait to see some more.

Peace
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

footjam_heger
Egyptian Footgod

Post by footjam_heger » 18 Sep 2009 04:54

check this little video experiment too

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sUAk7q4VG4[/youtube]

big thanks goes to jacob and marco for filming at worlds this year. we are in possession of more footage... it just needs to be edited.

high speed nemesis!

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 18 Sep 2009 05:45

Very cool. Thanks for posting.
Mike Anello
http://www.rochesterfootbag.com
Never give up, unless up is what the customer really wants.

verena
BSOS Beast

Post by verena » 18 Sep 2009 05:47

i haven't been watching any videos lately and just found this.
WOW!! what a great video!! thank you flavio!!
Verena Lenneis