Rochester, New York Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 22 Jul 2009 15:10

That is one adorable little baby you got there Mike.

I'm down for a session tomorrow Chris. What time were you thinking of heading over to this party in the park business?
Doug Tank

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 23 Jul 2009 12:25

edit: nvm

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 25 Jul 2009 15:26

That's a cute little boy you got Mike. Have you found him a pair of baby lavers yet?

Really wish I was still in the area and was kicking on a regular schedule with you guys. I'm just finally trying to get back into kicking more than 30 minutes every 2-3 weeks.

Hopefully next time I'm in Rochester I will be able to stay a little longer than this last time. If anyone is looking for a warm place to stay, you're always welcome to visit.
Aric McIntosh

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 28 Jul 2009 08:07

Bah, I keep meaning to have a solo session but I don't have the motivation! Anyone want to kick this week? I think Rusted Root is supposed to play at that party in the park thing this Thursday.
Doug Tank

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 28 Jul 2009 17:23

doug youre a lazy bastard. youre not gonna suck again when you get back to the bean are you? probably.

:roll:
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 28 Jul 2009 23:12

man i know! party in the park would be really good this week. i wanted to go see rusted root so bad... maybe ill try to get out early but that won't be easy. very rigid schedule.

if not, ill be able to play sometime soon. i'm staying really cautious because ive been trying to be easy on my lower back. it feels funny whenever i play, so ive toned it down a lot before i actually get injured. im working on improving flexibility and core strength in the meantime. The fact that it could happen to mike, one of my biggest inspirations, made me think about it harder than i would have otherwise.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 31 Jul 2009 19:03

Park ave fest - 3 PM, sunday. meet at my house (51 westminster)

we're gonna kill it.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 31 Jul 2009 19:30

oh, PS, played with doug in the back parking lot today. I worked on freezing my stalls and holding them still for just a moment before moving on to my next trick. did this with ss mirages, mirage > legover, inf > spin butter, and ripwalk. I found that if you can do a bunch of moves in a row with freezing, they are much easier to do with standard shred timing. I am definitely adding that to my playing.

doug didn't seem to be working on anything in particular, other than long strings and good style, as usual. his stepping sets and general shred have gotten a lot better after this year in boston. We talked about whirlwind a bit, he'll get it soon.

we also played horse. We each got 1 try at a time to set a move. once the move was set, the other player has 3 tries to hit it. If they fail, they get a letter, and if they fail 5 times, they become the horse.

I did this for the first time this past weekend in Berlin, and had a blast. It was a great time with doug, as well. It forces you to try stuff you wouldn't normally do. It's lots of fun.

anyway... glad to be back into it.

see you guys on sunday.
BRICK!

nyfa

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 31 Jul 2009 20:44

do you want to play earlier? The festival officially ends at 6, but it'll be winding down earlier than that, it would make for maximum public shred if we started around noon or 1 when it's peak.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 01 Aug 2009 06:06

1 it is!
BRICK!

nyfa

TayChaint
Multidex Master

Lake Shred?

Post by TayChaint » 19 Aug 2009 12:40

Hey guys! I'd like to host a footbag session sometime next week at my cottage on southeast corner of Canandaigua Lake. It's about a 45 minute drive from the city of Rochester.

I have a pretty large deck on the shore that could host some footbag play and then if anyone wants to go out in the boat/water ski/ tube/ swim, they're more than welcome. We could also have a dinner. Let me know what you guys think...
Taylor Chaintreuil

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 19 Aug 2009 15:56

sesh > boat > food... I'm so into it! I'm pretty free mid-week next week, except for thursday. maybe we can do wednesday at taylor's, then thursday at Party in the Park?

Me and doug played today. both knees hurt just enough to go easy on them, which I did, and they got no worse during the session... even a touch better after they warmed up. whirl is out for now. So is furious set. barrages didn't hurt. symposium in general is also out. Also, it hurts to crank my strong clipper... ouch!

anyway, plenty of other stuff to work on, such as barrage > ss butter repeat, merkon > op butter repeat, swirl > inf repeat, inspinning clippers (got those bsos a few times, but not b2b), and also, I hit pendulous ripstein first try.
BRICK!

nyfa

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 20 Aug 2009 19:23

Canandaigua lake isn't far from me, it would be a great place to spend the day. I've been getting home from work around 9pm every night, so weekdays are out for me. Maybe some other time if you do it again. How long are you staying there Tay?

btw, I won't be able to play this weekend. Gettin' shit did. Maybe saturday now that I think about it.

TayChaint
Multidex Master

Post by TayChaint » 21 Aug 2009 10:58

Grr...I leave next Saturday :?
Taylor Chaintreuil

Paul Agostinelli
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Paul Agostinelli » 24 Aug 2009 23:02

i cant wait to play again, i havent so much as kicked a bag since montreal, work has run me ragged. I get back to rochester sep 2nd, if there is a party in the park the 3rd id totally be down to play, either way, ill be giving you a call matt as soon as i arrive in town, i have some serious chilling out to do before school starts.
Precisely Mos Eisley

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 27 Aug 2009 07:13

hey Paul, I'll definitely be out to play on the following weekend after you get back. im out of town on the 5th but you guys will be seeing me up there a lot after that.

Do you guys (matt, doug) want to play down here on sunday? I don't really want to go anywhere this weekend. been driving a lot.

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 27 Aug 2009 16:01

Ryan Thomas is coming to Rochester this weekend. He said he would love to kick Sunday and hang out after. I'm thinking Cobbs Hill followed by California Rollin. If money is tight I will provide food at the Anello Bar & Grill.

Let me know if you would like to attend and what kick time on Sunday would be convenient for you. Ryan is going to call me Saturday to confirm our plans.
Mike Anello
http://www.rochesterfootbag.com
Never give up, unless up is what the customer really wants.

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 27 Aug 2009 17:59

Hey, two of my friends are going to RIT and will be moving in in a couple of days. Coincidentally, one of them is the one to first show me footbag on youtube, and the other has lavers and a mr. So if you guys are looking for some fresh meat, they would be prime candidates :wink:
John Goode

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 27 Aug 2009 18:00

get them to join modified and post in this blog so we know who they are. Tell them I'm looking forward to playing with them, please :)
BRICK!

nyfa

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 27 Aug 2009 18:11

Alrighty, the one with lavers says he'll try to get around to it within the next couple days. If he doesn't, I'll badger him until he does :)
John Goode