peglegholly - fractured skull & titanium plate

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 06 Dec 2009 02:05

PegLegHolly wrote:I AM NOW A GRADUATE!
Congrats!

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 23 Dec 2009 23:38

ni hao~

Hope all is well with you. Congratulations on completing school. Was just thinking you and all our footbag friends. Call me on skype sometime. sn: dupengpeng
Pengpeng Du

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 01 Feb 2010 11:46

January has been a terrible month. I've been in jail for 22 days because of a DUI and ended up losing nearly 18 pounds within 2 weeks. I'm working on gaining all that and more back with protein and workouts. Been kicking a bit since I got out and enjoying it.

Taking orders for footbags. Currently on the job hunt and would love the extra cash from stitching.

Sorry this is so short, but I'll be around posting highlights and pictures and maybe videos again soon.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 01 Feb 2010 19:45

I'm glad your kicking again. It helps me get my mind off things, hope it helps you in the same way. Sorry for your terrible month.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 25 Feb 2010 09:11

Hey Holly, first of all, I just wanna commend you on being a girl who footbags. That's so rad. My past girl friends/girls who i'm friends with were never too interested in footbag. The girl i'm with now actually plays "hacky sack" and may be interested in freestyle soon. But yeah, most girls I know think footbag is either stupid or weird... which i'm not denying the second one haha but just again, mad props on your bag skill. Hope to kick with you at a jam/tournament sometime in the future. (Going to Grass, by any chance?)
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 25 Feb 2010 13:03

Yeah, are you coming to GRASS?

that would be sweet.

I could show you the new move I named after you.

Video soon!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 25 Feb 2010 19:45

ah, if i get a job... ill definitely be making some footbag trips... and grass is at the top of the list.

been focusing on getting a job... its been hard. but im trying to keep my head up and look forward.

been having fun with footbag. nothing new really, just consistency. also been playing a lot of disc golf. my drive needs work, but ive got a damn good sidearm. cant wait for the weather to get a little bit warmer.

won an award at a local design competition, and its going onto nationals. hopefully ill win something there as well.

edit: cant wait to see the video, matt! you kick so much ass!
got a few footbags for sale, and taking orders. also considering selling some of my extra climacools and gunits. anyone interested in size 6?
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 15 Mar 2010 05:00

good news, got a badass job. working from home doing design for a company called ethos3.com. making pretty damn good money.

kicked for the first time in a while. feels good. for some reason lately, when i take a break from footbag and return a few weeks/months later, i seem to have more consistency. been hitting the usual stuff, just a few more contacts and a lot less jumping around all willy nilly.

thinking of selling some of my extra footbag shoes. i have like 5 pairs of every brand, its rediculous. gonna be moving out soon, so might need to downsize a bit. if anyone is interested in size 6 shoes, hit me up. i'll probably take pictures and make a for sale thread this week, along with the footbags i have for sale (that's right... i have some, and am still taking orders)

missing the footbag community A LOT. call me if you wanna talk! (my phone number is in my facebook info)
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 16 Mar 2010 09:35

way to find a job in these dark economic times holly!

can i borrow some cash?

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 16 Mar 2010 19:27

...only if you find me badass antqiue maps
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 18 Mar 2010 15:19

What kind of size 6 shoes do you have in mind to sell? :3
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 19 Mar 2010 08:47

climas, goonits, and lavers. ill get around to posting them up next week, wayway.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 07 Apr 2010 10:59

This is Digit, my new 6 toe kitten. She is a Siamese Hemingway at about 3 months old. I got her from the pound last week, and she is just an adorable sweetheart.

I moved into my own place with a friend of mine named Teela! Finally, I'm out of the parents' house. I have a whole covered backporch to myself, and have been using the space wisely for footbag!

Living in my own place has been great! It's taken me a while to unpack everything, but it's a really sweet condo for a really good price.

Footbag has been great too. I've been doing a lot of just mixing my current tricks different ways, and would like to start learning new sets so I can learn new double dexes. I have pixie on the strong side down, and its a little wonky on the left but thats about it. Any suggestions?
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 08 Apr 2010 08:56

Cute cat.

I suggest stepping moves.
"...You have to get, really, practice, like eight hours every day. Then you get good level and then you can compete....There is no money, so players are like big family and that is what I -like" -Vasek-

Reid Strellner

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 08 Apr 2010 20:29

oh the mouse! :-)

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 21 Apr 2010 22:22

welp. got down the b2b ssdlos... went to footbag last night and was having a good practice... until the kitten decided she wanted to try to get the bag in mid string. instead of stomping on her, i tried to get away and landed really badly. tore a ligament in my knee. fuck.

on top of that, learning how to walk in a brace is hard. havent figured out the art of walking down stairs, and totally bailed going down my boyfriend's front steps. now my ankle is twisted on the other leg. fuck.

making footbags while i have to stay in bed the next few weeks. if you want one, send me a pm or email. id love to make you one.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 21 Apr 2010 23:09

sheeyit

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 22 Apr 2010 06:20

Ouch. Sorry to hear about that Holly. I hope you feel better and heal soon.
"...You have to get, really, practice, like eight hours every day. Then you get good level and then you can compete....There is no money, so players are like big family and that is what I -like" -Vasek-

Reid Strellner

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 23 Apr 2010 11:55

Wow you have quite the aptitude for injuries! i'm sorry to hear about that. look on the bright side... you've just answered the timeless question of whether man (specifically you) is inheritately good or evil. sure you could have sided with thomas hobbes (evil), but i'm glad to see that you settled for jean-jacque rousseau (good). congrats you're a good person.

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 03 May 2010 16:23

torn meniscus. no more footbag. surgery. angry. fml

nashville is in a flood crisis right now. send prayers for the people down here.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com