Vegas Jam 2011

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Lycanthrope
BSOS Beast

Vegas Jam 2011

Post by Lycanthrope » 23 Dec 2010 14:28

updates:

Tentative schedule:

Friday: everyone is getting here at random times and we will meet at the event site somewhere between 2pm-5pm to get situated and make sure everyone can find the site. remember my phone number is posted in case there are any questions.

Saturday: all events will be held on saturday; rip n run, circle, and request contest. buffet is at the rio on saturday night and afterward we will meet up and kick it at steve goldberg's suite at planet hollywood. text me for details.
buffet details: Dinner $24.99 plus tax, 3:30pm-10pm Nightly and the rio is at 3700 W Flamingo Rd Las Vegas, Nevada 89103

Sunday: shredding at unlv shred spot around 12pm-1pm. spaghetti dinner at evan's house afterward. there may be shred afterward sunday night as well as the next couple days.
Vegas Jam 2011: March 25th-28th

current events: circle, rip 'n' run, more tba
There is a good possibility for prizes in the form of currency and merchandise provided by the nucleus crew.

current attendees:

Evan Gatesman
Ken Somilinos
Ben Benulis
Tom Kotsakos
Brian Bear
Connor Payne
Kevin Crowley
Zeb Jackson
Zac Jackson
Sunny Freeman Genz
Cody Rushing
Matt and Queency Matteo
Damon Matthews
Jim Penske
Kyle Hewitt
Joey Michaels
Caroline Birch
Cory Allen
Cale McCoy
Waylon Lew
Pengpeng Du
Drew Martin
Chrissy Fryer
Steve Goldberg
Jay Boychuck

Alex Dworetzky 80%
Aaron Shepard 80%
Zack Jahner 80%
Richard Abshire 70%
Emily Kulczyk 70%
David Beyers 70%
Ben Cooke 70%

Peter Holoin 50%
Jeff Mudd 50%
Noe Huerta 50%

Important Information:
Evan's Cell: 702-759-2484
Evan's Address: 311 Vandalia St. 89106
Shred site: 4505 S. Maryland Pkwy (UNLV campus)

Rough Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&m ... d906e14e6b

If Steve Goldberg can attend, he said that we would be spending a night at his penthouse suite in the Planet Hollywood like last year. There are many places around the campus to eat including subway, chipotle, cafe rio, and a slew of other places. I haven't really planned any of the meals, but we usually organize a buffet for one night just because its Vegas.

original post:

soo my parents are going out of town and i should be able to host a bunch of people at my place either weekend; march 25th-28th or april 1st-4th. extended stays will be possible for people who want to stay longer free of charge as long as space is available.

i want to make this really big this year and i'm thinking about having actual events. mostly just for fun, but we usually do a rip n run event and i want to have at least a circle contest this year as well, so if we can get appropriate representation i would be very grateful. i'm pretty stoked that clavens may be able to attend since he is located in cali now and somilinos has relocated to denver. i really want some midwest eastern representation in addition to what we usually have. everyone is super welcome and will be appreciated and accommodated regardless of skill level.

if we can get some reps from everywhere that would be amazing. we usually do well from the west, but i'd like to expand our constituency a bit if possible. lets make this happen please. canada?

Thank you for all of your past and future support for this event. i intend for it to grow and become one of the biggest events in north america eventually. last year i had one of the best times of my life and i intend to repeat the trend. let me know which dates are are preferred; on facebook it seems that the 25th-28th is much preferred. let me know asap so that i can announce and people can start buying plane tickets. =D

i'm stoked.
Last edited by Lycanthrope on 25 Mar 2011 12:47, edited 19 times in total.
Evan 'OP' Gatesman

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 23 Dec 2010 15:45

Assuming flights are as cheap as usual, and school isn't having its way with me, I'll attend.

Go bo peep go!
Jay Boychuk

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 23 Dec 2010 20:56

yayuhhh, can probably get the stanford crew to go or at least a few of them!
vegas jam is really fun. everyone come. i would be interested in events, not sure what though.
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 23 Dec 2010 23:23

I would love for this to go down. We all need a reason to play footbag in the winter, and gearing up for Vegas Jam is it. And what a good way to escape the cold, but by going to Vegas.

I really wanna go. See how the cash flow goes. Either date is fine for me at present.

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 24 Dec 2010 13:56

ill do everything i can to come to this, as well as drag yogan along with me.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 24 Dec 2010 15:06

I think either date works. Assuming there's no work conflict, I'm confident I can go. The earlier the dates can be locked down, likely the better.

Thanks for doing this Evan!

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 24 Dec 2010 21:29

Vegas Jam Rules!

Is the guest house available again?

So many good memories

What about another huge mirage race obstacle course? Rory and I are the only ones that did it last year and we stopped for a 2 minute break in the middle.

edit: look out for man eating escalator's. It ripped out the heel of my shoe last year

and watch out for ben benulis yelling and flailing in his sleep. lol
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Lycanthrope
BSOS Beast

Post by Lycanthrope » 25 Dec 2010 11:28

march 25th-28th it is. book your flights please. lets do this. let me know if you need airport pickup or a place to stay and feel free to send me itineraries. thanks.
Evan 'OP' Gatesman

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 25 Dec 2010 11:57

I'll try my best.

Thanks for organizing.

David
david

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 27 Dec 2010 08:21

best event ever, ill try my hardest to make it no matter the date!

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 28 Dec 2010 06:16

OK cool. For flights and whatnot should we try to arrive Friday afternoon/evening and leave Monday afternoon/evening? Just want to be sure before I go ahead and book.

Stoked! Thanks.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Dec 2010 08:32

Tickets bought!

Denver (Denver Intl.) to Las Vegas (McCarran Intl.) 03/25/11 6:15 PM - 7:13 PM Frontier Airlines 773

Las Vegas (McCarran Intl.) to Denver (Denver Intl.) 03/28/11 11:32 AM - 2:20 PM Frontier Airlines 784

Is the event taking place at your place Evan? Or someplace nearby? I want to be near the action, and would prefer to not rent a car. So let me know where the event is so I know whether to book a hotel or ask for crash space.

Stoked for this!

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 28 Dec 2010 11:16

8O C-fan does not mess around

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 29 Dec 2010 13:42

any possible carpools from oregon? i could theoretically purchase a plane ticket or drive myself, but i like groups =] id pitch in for gas!
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Lycanthrope
BSOS Beast

Post by Lycanthrope » 29 Dec 2010 17:04

i'm glad you're the first to sign up ken. =D

it doesn't really matter when you arrive, i should be able to pick you up or arrange for someone to pick you up. i usually like to have a day or so on each end of the event so i get the full experience so maybe arrive thursday night and leave monday/tuesday or so, but if time does not permit then feel free to do it your way. my job will allow me to get an extensive amount of time off of work fortunately. =)

im stoked for david to come and for idaho crew to make the event as usual. =) miss you guys.
Evan 'OP' Gatesman

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 29 Dec 2010 22:54

:D
my school schedule this semester is pretty lax, so you can almost guarantee ill be there

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 30 Dec 2010 16:30

I wanna come to this and I think that I just might be able to. I will keep you posted.
Drew Martin

morsecode
Shredalicious

Post by morsecode » 31 Dec 2010 08:28

i'm planning on coming to this. it's time to get off my lazy ass and come to a tournament.

i'm thinking about coming in on thursday night and flying out monday morning. big thanks to evan for hosting!

edit: tickets purchased!

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 05 Jan 2011 03:00

less than 2 hundo for a non stop flight
I need to get on this

Lycanthrope
BSOS Beast

Post by Lycanthrope » 05 Jan 2011 09:34

alright guys so lets start confirming so i can post an attendees list. i know a lot of people are up in the air right now but if you can, give me a percentage chance of attendance or somehting. Its pretty funny that we'll likely have little representation from vegas. lol fail... but hopefully ben skaggs will make it. jeff will not for sure. jon cunningham will make it though. he was there last year or a couple years ago for a brief period.

i'm guessing so far we have:

Evan Gatesman
Ken Somilinos
Ben Benulis
Tom Kotsakos
Drew Martin 80%
Jay Boychuck 80%
Zeb Jackson 80%
Brian Bear 80%
Cale McCoy 50%
Kevin Crowley 50%
David Clavens 50%
Jim Penske 50%
Morse Code. not sure who this is.
Last edited by Lycanthrope on 05 Jan 2011 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
Evan 'OP' Gatesman