Muffinman

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 15 Jul 2012 17:07

double post
Last edited by Muffinman on 15 Jul 2012 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 15 Jul 2012 17:07

Oh, some weird triple posting while Allan was playing with Modified?
Last edited by Muffinman on 15 Jul 2012 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 15 Jul 2012 17:10

First, a little something to get off my chest:
Pawel Rozek (who's organizing the Worlds video contest) is complaining that nobody is entering his contest. He said in his post on Modified to contact him for details or if interested in participating. I PMed him over a month ago prior to his post and he never replied to me. I'm not planning to enter, but if I was I wouldn't be able to without his response. A little frustrating.

I had a satisfying session just now.
I think I had even less actual runs than previous sessions, but I think I hit every combo that I'd set out to hit:
-blurrier > blurriest [repeat]
-tapping DLO > diving symp mirage [repeat]
-tapping whip > pdx mirage > atomic whip > pdx mirage [repeat] (with tapping DLO same run)
-pixie paradon > blur > pixie paradon > ripwalk (and some stuff after. I swear I hit pixie paradon > blur > pixie paradon > blurry drop EVERY single attempt, both sides, and couldn't get that last mirage)
-nova > pixie whip BSOS

I don't even really remember what else. Some other things, but maybe that was mostly it? My runs were just sad. I don't think that I even sought to try any runs. I just wanted combos. But these felt really good. I think I did the tapping DLO drill, like, second try. I also had pixie paradon > blurriest BSOS dropped almost every single attempt. Rah! So.. I guess I didn't quite hit everything. Not sure what else I got on video, but I hope it's not too boring of a video without runs.

My back took quite a jarring, but I've got P90X yoga tonight, so I'm thinking that should help with all the crazy twisting. Apparently a ton of people complain that most of the yoga poses are impossible, so it makes me feel pretty good that I can do them all at least briefly. I think crane and twisting half moon are the toughest. SO much harder than they look!

Oh, no, wait, I can't do wheel pose... Holy crap. No arm strength >___<

Anyway, video later, probably. And I'll probably edit that U of T video some time this week too. Oh, I was gonna do 5 challenge runs just as practice, but forgot and then my camera died. I'm also not sure if Ken is clear that I challenged him or not... Oh, also, I bought Saints Row The Third yesterday. Hahaha. Amazing. Can't wait to play tonight after yoga. OR MAYBE BEFORE!

Oh, having trouble posting. I guess Allan is upgrading Modified? What a great guy.

EDIT: Two things:
1) It's too bad that the one duck on the tapping DLO drill isn't there :(
2) A perk of filming myself is that I can see other things about me aside from hack, like my thinning hair :oops: I didn't realize it was so bad in the back! There should be a club for prematurely balding footbaggers. Solidarity. I guess all hair cut off is going to be the best option soon :cry:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN1yin9- ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Oh yeah, I also ended the session with a 51-contact run that was 100% spinning and ducking. I had some things in there like, spin clip > gyro clip [repeat], spin osis > spin clip [repeat], gyro legover > duck clip > merkon > duck clip [repeat] (same for mirages and also for pickups), and.. other stuff. Oh yeah, and I opened the session with a 100+ contact tiltless run. The same stuff as that one I put in a blog video, but added more..

Muffinman
the gimp

Re: Muffinman

Post by Muffinman » 27 Jul 2012 16:13

Back pain + a week off P90X
I had weird back pain last weekend, which is weird, since I can't think of anything that really set it off. I did my Kenpo workout (P90X) on Saturday. I remember that I skipped the Ab Ripper workout on Friday after the Legs and Back. Right, I think because my back was feeling a bit weak. And then I'd rested too long after Legs and Back and I felt too cold. Then I put it off on Saturday too. And then on Sunday I felt even more pain in my back so just said forget it. Then on Monday I was feeling really not good and I didn't even try to do my workout, even though it was all upper body. I just didn't want to aggravate anything. I figured that I'd rest and then maybe replace the workout (Back, Shoulders, Biceps) with Yoga. But then just sitting at my desk made my back hurt, so I ended up just resting in bed for Monday to Wednesday. Yesterday I did the P90X stretch routine, which felt okay -- not enough lower back stretches though. I think I will do the same today, then tomorrow see if I can handle Yoga. Then on Sunday do either stretching or Yoga, depending on how I feel. Then hopefully I will be able to get back into my regular routine on Monday. Maybe it's a combination of really intense footbag with the P90X that is too much for me. I dunno. But I think I will lower the intensity of my footbag anyway, even though I'm only playing, like, once a week (though haven't played for, like, 2-3 weeks now?)

It turns out that Ken filmed challenge footage for me (5 consecutive runs), and I hadn't prepared anything, so I have that to do when I feel up to it. I guess I have some time since he's off to Worlds. But I'm not gonna push before I'm ready.

Creator's Basics training
On that note, I thought I would try some minor footbag basics today a la Jay and Nick. Really simple, but I was surprised with the suckiness of my basics. I mean I kinda knew they were sucky, but I thought I could do inside kicks. Hahaha. I struggled for a while. I was also in a really small space indoors, so a lot of the time the bag got out of my control and I wasn't able to get it without breaking my stuff. But that's a terrible excuse because the point is to gain control and not have the bag go astray. I did toe kicks and they were about what I expected. I also did toe stalls trying to get rid of the knee-pointing-in problem I have on one side. I'm not sure how effective that was since it's so deeply ingrained in every toe set I do, and even downtime tricks. So, while I'm able to control my toe stalls, I'm worried that as soon as I do a pixie set it will come right back. So I need to figure out a better method of controlling that movement. I also did inside stalls, which weren't too bad, but my control was pretty lacking. And finally (well, actually I did this first), I did op inside stall > same foot clipper [repeat], which was also harder than I thought. It's humbling to always be telling new players to do all of this stuff and then I have trouble doing it myself :oops:
I'll keep track and maybe try to do this every day:
op inside > same foot clipper [repeat]: 26
inside kicks: 60
inside stalls: 45
toe kicks: 32
toe stalls: 60

I didn't play as long as I'd like. Maybe 10 minutes or something? I gave a few attempts for each and then was going to repeat and try to break those records, but my body said, "That's a bad idea -- let me rest." So I basically took a whole week out of my P90X. I don't feel TOO bad, since I want to take care of my back. I also feel a little silly that, like, the day before I realized it was pretty bad, I was posting in blogs saying how I haven't had back pain for a while.

VHS archive project
Oh yeah. In other news, I finally figured out my VHS archive project problems. I wasn't really actively trying to solve them. I kind of just didn't bother for a month since the last time I said anything about it. Maybe longer, actually? So anyway, I figured out what was wrong last night and did some converting and some uploading. It was this strange way I have to log into and manage files in Sean Wingert's Amazon S3 account. I'd never worked with this stuff before and was making some mistakes that were pretty silly in retrospect. I should have the first video on Fourkast tonight. It's about 50% now and has been going for an hour. I'll make a new post here when it's done.
Some notes:
1) the quality is going to be bad. I've watched these tapes to DEATH. So there are tracking issues. I think the VCR I used to capture these (yeeaars ago!) was also not such great quality. One tape, actually, has no sound. Although I think that wasn't so much the tape as the hardware (VCR or digital capture card -- I don't rememeber which.)
2) the first video I'm uploading is Whirled Shred by Eric Windsor. For some reason I chopped off the last half hour or so, and it's a separate file, so I'm going to upload both, but maybe in the future when I've got a bunch of stuff uploaded I will go back and merge the files.
3) there will also be some downtime, like, blue screen waiting for the video to play, or snow at the end, or something. I can touch these up in the future. I'm working with raw files I'd captured years ago, really roughly, when digital capture hardware wasn't really common...
4) I had only captured a certain number of videos (and a bunch of them I probably won't upload, or not for a while anyway, since they're more recent videos (anything after 2000?) My collection is still at my parents' in Winnipeg. My mom is actually coming to visit at the end of the summer, though, so if this goes well I can ask her to bring the collection. And maybe I can buy some decent converting hardware (mine actually doesn't even work with modern Windows it's so old) and really get this rolling.
5) I'd like to add some in-depth metadata like players names and tricks and such like I do for the online videos I've been adding, but it will take a long time to watch and pause each 2-hour video. I'll work on it though. I'm working on the first one, but for future instalments I might leave that for later. I think that this is the most work about what I've been doing on Fourkast -- all the tags of every player (in order of appearance) and the significant tricks and stuff. It not only takes a long time to watch each video really carefully and record all of this information, but it's really, really useful for cross-referencing and searching the database. I don't think anybody really utilizes this -- I mean, you can click on gyro barroque and any video I've ever uploaded to Fourkast with that trick (since it is a significant trick) will come up. The same with players -- you can easily find any Aleksi Airinen video I've uploaded. You can search Christmas Calendar and find any Chrismas Calendar video I've uploaded, or "fearless", or "beast", or the ilk.

Other stuff
Otherwise I've been trying to draw more. It's my little brother's birthday on August 1, so I'm working on a painting. My older brother and his girlfriend were travelling China over the summer and they got me a couple tailor-made suits (I did HOURS -- like 20+? -- of research to customize them exactly how I want -- really fun!), so I'm gonna do some portraits to thank them. Actually, my one brother mentioned that I'm the only one not in that time zone, as my parents are visiting my little brother and his wife who live in Malaysia while they were in China. Now my parents are in China (though my old brother is back in Winnipeg now). I also have a couple short comics I've storyboarded that I'm going to work on. And just sketching and learning how to draw. It sucks that school and work always get in the way and I stop drawing for years at a time and can never progress... kind of like footbag, actually, except more due to laziness than injury... I've also been playing a lot of Saints Row 3. Soo fun. I'm really OCD and like to 100% games and find every secret item and challenge. So I actually beat the game a few days ago, but I'm doing all the weird challenges like car surfing, taking hostages, base jumping, motorcycle wheelies and stoppies... fun stuff. This game is brilliant. And while I also feel kind of hypocritical after attributing public shootings to violent video games in Ken's blog (I think I referenced Call of Duty?), since Saints Row is ridiculously violent, it's just really fun. And ridiculous. The opening scene is nuts, but it only gets better. Minor spoiler, but you fight zombies and conquer Mars -- pretty over-the-top for a Grand Theft Auto-esque game.

Oh, two other hack-related notes:
1) I loved the Vasek video that Ken posted in the videos section. I don't think I'd have seen it otherwise, even though I swear I subscribed to "footbag" on YouTube.
2) Pawel Rozek finally replied to my PM that I sent, like, 2 months ago or so. It was really insightful, and when I have money and time (after I graduate I guess?) I might buy a decent camera and make nice videos. I think that's something that I'm really passionate about that I could work myself to death doing. You know, like how people play WOW until they die from malnutrition because they are so absorbed in what they are doing -- that is how I feel about video work and library work (and footbag). Unfortunately I don't feel the same about drawing. I have to force myself, which is really weird.

Wow, long post.
Video required:
Canada's best:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tThQmuiy1m4[/youtube]

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 27 Jul 2012 17:15

Haha. There it is. Wow. It brought a smile to my face to see this see the light of day. Finally. I have been trying to get this done for yeeears!
Whirled Shred, by Eric Windsor:
http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... ic-windsor
(Including Lon's BAPtism with induction speech by Ryan Mulroney)

Also. I forgot one of the most significant things that's happened to me in a long time! I follow a bunch of my favourite artists on DeviantArt and have never really spoken to any of them -- I mean they're pros and awesome and in a different world. But there's this one whom I've followed for a long time and he always replies to almost every comment he gets on his posts, which really impressed me -- such a solid artist who cares so much about his fanbase, whereas most artists never reply to anything. I noticed this for a while and the other day decided to send him a message just to say how awesome it is that he does that. I got a reply the next day and he was, like, "Thank you so much. It gave me a chance to look at your stuff too, and it's great! I want to thank you by drawing you a sketch some time!" This kinda blew me away. Wow. It costs, like, $100 to commission a sketch from a comic artist. I've never done it before. And he wants to send me something in the mail just because I said, "You're great." That really inspired me. I want to draw comics. Why am I wasting my time going to library school? Well, actually, I thought more about that and it's a good plan. Since I don't want to make art for a living, but I do want to LIVE art. So I'm passionate about library work, so I'm going to do that (maybe even become a curator??), but eventually I want to only work part time and learn to draw and make comics on the side, NOT as a job, but eventually if I get good enough I could publish. I could never make art for a living -- too stressful. How can you be forced to be creative? I've done a little bit of freelancing and it's the worst. I want to draw as an escape.
Anyway, here're a couple samples of Timothy Green II's work (who's going to draw me a pretty picture):

EDIT: Also, I remember something interesting about my atomic sets while watching Whirled Shred -- back in, like, 2000, I did atomic hippy on one side and LEGGY on the other. I don't think a single person today does leggy atomic sets? It's soo different, it's basically another set. So it makes sense that (if that's the same side -- I don't remember) if my bad side today used to be my leggy set I've always had trouble getting the same height and power out of it. Just a thought. Writing lots today apparently. Time to draw.

EDIT 2: Couldn't sleep, so added Sean Wingert's Shredded Wheat from 1997: http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... an-wingert
I managed the tags for Whirled Shred, but not for this one yet. Like I said I'll probably just upload for now and add tags later
Last edited by Muffinman on 30 Jul 2012 05:50, edited 2 times in total.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 29 Jul 2012 11:13

#3: Eli "Intergalactic" Piltz's and Dave "Highlander" Holton's California Connection:
http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... ave-holton

EDIT: I just had my second training session. It was super frustrating :P
I wanted to get the kicks out of the way early, since it's kinda late and I'm paranoid about disturbing my neighbours. Inside kicks seemed much better than last time, but everything else kinda seemed the same or worse. Maybe because I was concentrating more on form this time? So for the inside stall > clipper stall drill I didn't do any hops, and if I did I would start over. I also kept backing into things or snagging my huge size-12 feet on my legs. Toe kicks just seem like a fluke -- what is the secret??? I kinda ran out of time and back energy for inside stalls. I'd tried a bit, but without much success... I'm no Jay Boychuk who masters no spinning on inside stalls in like a day or two. I guess my basics are just a lot more rough than I ever let myself admit. A few tricks I noticed: a) really emphasizing the hip turning on my flip inside stall, b) wrapping the inside stall so far back that it's practically where the clipper is when I switch, c) focusing on a kind of forward point on the floor to avoid the body turning that I mentioned in that support group thread -- managed all the inside kick attempts in a row.
-inside kicks: 84, 76, 100, 100
-toe kicks: 26, 21, 21
-far inside stall > same foot clipper [repeat]: 21

I spent sooo much time on the inside > clipper drill. It was rough. Also I was surprised with how much I was sweating! Hahaha. Sad >____< Well, tomorrow I'm back into P90X. I hope I can handle it. Plyo's gonna be a nightmare on Tuesday. Also, it looks like Allan reorganized the forum order on the main page to what I'd suggested in some thread. I think it looks really good -- a really natural progression from Getting Started to Shred Symposium and then the next two popular forums, videos and footblogs.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, I also did, like, inside stall > same foot clipper [repeat] x10 each side and inside stall > wrap [repeat] x10 one side, and x9 the other. I was trying to do it without moving the support leg at all. I managed it for all the good side ones and for the wraps on flip, but a few for the inside > same clipper shifted a bit.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 30 Jul 2012 01:22

Can't sleep again :(
#4: '98 UQAM Jam, by Sean Wingert:
http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... an-wingert

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 30 Jul 2012 06:29

Muffinman wrote: I don't think a single person today does leggy atomic sets? It's soo different, it's basically another set. So it makes sense that (if that's the same side -- I don't remember) if my bad side today used to be my leggy set I've always had trouble getting the same height and power out of it. Just a thought. Writing lots today apparently. Time to draw.
I started with leggy atomics and still mess around with them every once in awhile. Took a few years to replace them with hippy dexes. Hit my first 5 add in about 2004 and just hit it for the second time. lol: leggy atomic opp dyno.

Thanks for the old vids! Very fun

edit: eric wulff physically looks like a young david clavens
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 30 Jul 2012 11:07

Nice, Kevin.
Thanks for the comments.
I'm on a roll.
#5: Sean Wingert's Skool Daze:
http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... an-wingert

Big thanks to Emily K for physically mailing me a bunch of her videos a few years ago. I didn't have any of Sean's videos prior to that. Also, some thoughts on my "nonHackrifice" project:
1) Now that I'm able to access the files on the Fourkast server I can kind of touch things up a little behind the scenes. Like, I have to manually upload and replace files and create thumbnails. So I figured that I maybe I could fix that for some previous online videos I'd archived that are for some reason or other missing thumbnails. It didn't work just now, so I'm gonna have to ask Sean what's up with that.
2) Along the same lines, now I can finally upload some larger files that I'd failed to upload before because of the limits set for web-based file management. So, I'd attempted to upload Worship The Sack a couple years ago? But it was too big. I even tagged the whole video for tricks and players, but it's been an empty page since. So once I've got a load of old VHS tapes up there I'm gonna go back and fix those larger videos and add some more that I'd put off adding because I wasn't sure whether I'd have to split the files or get some kind of FTP access or what... So hopefully that will work out now.
3) I thought I had more notes, but I guess not. If you're reading this and are enjoying the old VHS videos (especially if you've never seen them before or some of the players), it'd be nice to have feedback. Also, I urge you to take advantage of the tags that I put a lot of time into -- there are some great videos I've uploaded that are all cross-referenced with other great videos that you've probably forgotten about or never seen.
4) I guess I'll make a post some time when I have a bunch of the VHS tapes uploaded. There's little motivation for that though with the pathetic level of response in the videos forum in general. Some discussion would be fun, like, "Who's that player?", "Whoa, that trick was hit back then?" "My favourite moment was." "My favourite tape growing up was.." I'm interested to know how many players still playing today actually watched any of these tapes starting out, or if those of us who even remember the tapes (pre-Aggressive Grounds) are just a handful.

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 30 Jul 2012 11:43

The first footbag VHS i ever owned was Lions Den. I won it for getting 1st place intermediate sick 3 at SJFF. I took very good care of it and opened it up that night to find that there were parks jingling inside the case and it was unplayable. That was the last day of SJFF and it was too late to trade it in. I still have never seen that video :?

As far as VHS, I also owned Where the Ripwalk Ends, Fo Shizza, Time to Jam, Vortex, Tricks of the Trade, and Balance of Power. Tricks of the Trade was the only one I'd seen until today that was pre-Aggressive Grounds... which I've only seen a few minutes of.

My favorites were Vasek's sections in Buddah's Best.

i was surprised at the level of shred in those older videos, especially ryan's blur>spinning whirl.

Something I don't like about the VHS or DVD's are the soundtracks. Balance of Power's was terrible.

All of my dvds and vhs have been lost or stolen and I only have short .org videos anymore :(
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 30 Jul 2012 13:40

Did you ever see The Move? Glorious soundtrack. Maybe the best part of the video -- a tie between music and shred?? Unfortunately, Sean Wingert's videos are probably worse than the later VHS tapes. Hahahaha. But most of the old ones are just natural sound and background music, which is great. I associate a lot of those 90s songs with hack 'cause it's the first time I heard them. Like, I think, especially those Fatboy Slim tracks and that one Propellerheads song! And almost anything to Ryan, but especially that one epic run from night shred of Worlds 99... That's, like, the ultimate footbag song to me.

I remember there was someone who was just pro at putting together shred mix CDs with all the best songs from all the old shred videos. Maybe it was Rob Fuller.

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 31 Jul 2012 14:37

Just wanted to let you know that I am really digging the old VHS vids. I basically haven't seen most of them and really like seeing the wide variety of styles and trick selections players used to have. It seems maybe like player's styles have a lot less character these days? Anyways, thanks for uploading. I will watch everything that you post.

PS - I'll try to remember later to write down some info on the "FUN"damental training programs I developed for myself a few years back when I wanted to rebuild my game from the ground up.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 03 Aug 2012 11:06

#6: I totally forget which video this is. I don't know why it's the only one I left unlabelled when I was capturing (4 years ago apparently). So if anyone knows, please lemme know! http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... 96-unknown

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 03 Aug 2012 12:18

Erik!

I want to get a regular shred going in Toronto again, are you in the city??

Miss ya old friend!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 03 Aug 2012 12:52

Hey Tom!
It's great to hear from you! I was just thinking of you the other day -- I wonder if he'll ever play footbag again. That's great that you want to play again. You had such a huge impact on the sport! Unfortunately I live in London now for a few years (though I hope to come back to Toronto after!) Adam Greenwood just came back though. He's definitely your best bet. Also, congrats on the engagement! You guys look so cute in your pictures :) Keep in touch!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 04 Aug 2012 13:56

#7: Feet of Fury (by Ken Somolinos and Mickey Mayer): http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... ckey-mayer

I wrote a little blurb under the video about the title. I'm unsure if it's supposed to be "Feet of Fury" (like "Fist of Fury"?), or "Feets of Fury" (like "FeAts of Fury", but with feet?..) The first time I saw the video in, like, 2002 or 2003?, I thought it was "Feet". Maybe Ken can clarify? Here's what I wrote on Fourkast: "I'm a little unsure of the title. The title IN the video itself says "Feet of Fury", and this is what I always thoughtit was called, but I believe it was written as "Feets of Fury" on the spine of the VHS tape. Additionally, it seems that Mickey Mayer's website lists it as "Feets of Fury"... So that's kinda contradictory. http://themouseco.com/Video_16_FeetsofFury.htm"

Anyway. Congrats to Worlds competitors. I'm happy that Aleksi, my favourite player, made bronze :) I'm curious what Ken made. I'm eager to read his blog posts. I'm about to go film my Hack-Off Challenge against him now. I haven't played in 2-3 weeks? I don't even remember, because of back pain. I stopped P90X for over a week too and I've had to modify it severely. Maybe I should just do Yoga every day. Yoga feels amazing. I want to learn wheel pose. I'm gonna try tonight.

EDIT: Well, my back is still not good. In the clip I say "without warm-up". I did do some kicking and tiltless warm-up, but what I mean is that I didn't do any runs or have a session. After trying a couple basic things I felt that trying to play at all was a mistake. But then I was, like, "Well, I'll film the Hack-Off anyway, because I probably won't get a chance to do it again for a while.. maybe a couple weeks." So I did the challenge without prepping for it at all. And then I just stopped playing and went home. Considering that, it's maybe not as disappointing as it could have been :p I'll capture and send the clip to Ken tonight probably and then he can post mine and his in the Hack-Off thread when he's ready. And I think instead of biking and footbag every second day to modify P90X, I'm going to just do the Yoga X 3 times a week. Yeah. I think that's a good idea. Or maybe I'll still bike a bit, but my back hurt when I biked last, and my bike has, like, zero suspension, so it's a jarring ride.

EDIT 2: Also, it looks like some of my breaks were longer than 30 seconds >___< I guess that goes by a lot faster than it feels in the moment! So am I disqualified? How does that work?

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 04 Aug 2012 19:04

you have a cic vhs tape from reile? I remember trying to watch it and he mentions he lent it to you.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 04 Aug 2012 19:22

Hey Tom. Yeah, Eric gave me the fabled "Just James" tape. There were never any copies made, and it's one that I captured, but when I watched it and captured it I was a bit confused because I was under the impression that it was, like, an hour of James Risden, who was my (first) favourite player for yeeaars. And it seems kind of more like a standard CIC video with a little bit of everyone and no apparent emphasis on James.

He gave me the tape before I was working on this project, too I think? Or... at least we first talked about it before. I may not have got it from him until yeeears later. I don't have it with me, it's home in Winnipeg, but I'll have it brought to me at the end of the summer and can send it to you/Eric if you want. I've got a few other CIC tapes pre-Aggressive Grounds too, and I'd captured one, but wasn't sure if I'd put it and Just James (actually labeled "Defender") online. The other one is simply labeled "New Years Jam" (2000?). It's super grainy quality. Not sure what I still have at my parents' place that's pre-"CIC Shred"/Fo Shizza/The Next Level/Time 2 Jam/True Playaz..

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 06 Aug 2012 01:51

I think I've uploaded all that I've really got in terms of classic VHS for the moment until I get my collection back. So I'll work on getting some more internet videos up. I finally got Sam's Worlds 2007 videos up:
Worship the Sack: http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... -colclough
Respect the Hack: http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... -colclough
Respect the Shred: http://www.fourkast.com/media/videos/ar ... olclough-0

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 06 Aug 2012 06:03

Will "where the ripwalk ends" come up? I would love to see that one! I watched the previews and trailer so much when I first started.