A "How bout this shoe?" thread you might enjoy

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
ctravisc
Circle Kicker

A "How bout this shoe?" thread you might enjoy

Post by ctravisc » 05 Aug 2012 18:18

So, I'm still pretty new to the sport, and wasn't ready to commit to buying a set of lavers just for shredding. BUT I happened to stumble across these, and I'm really digging them for both reasons. I think some of you might too

edit: Look closely.

http://m.zappos.com/puma-bolt-lite-low

I'll be enjoying them either way, but just wanted to see some opinions. Cheers

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Re: A "How bout this shoe?" thread you might enjoy

Post by PoisonTaffy » 05 Aug 2012 23:07

I'm not an authority on anything sports or shoes related, so take this with a grain of salt. However, to me they don't look very sport-oriented, i.e. doing any significant sporting effort in these may be harmful. The user comments on the site concur that. It's a big deal for an advanced player, but when starting out it shouldn't be a major concern. As long as you realize that serious practice requires shoes that can provide the necessary support for it.
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 06 Aug 2012 03:04

That having been said, do yourself a favour and just get Lavers.
You'll only hold yourself back if you refuse to invest in one of the two pieces of inexpensive equipment that you need to play footbag.

If you're in the USA there are a bunch of sites selling fun colours for reeaally reasonable prices. Borrow money or save up for when/if you decide to take it more seriously. It'll cost you, like, $30-$40.

ctravisc
Circle Kicker

Post by ctravisc » 06 Aug 2012 06:53

Yeah, I've found some Lavers local for 40 bucks. I just needed a new pair of all-around shoes and these seemed to have some potential for footbagging as well. I'm not a huge fan of the Laver style, which is why I passed over them this go around. I also have really wide feet which makes it a daunting task to find that skinny, form-fitting style shoe that fits right. But once my skills improve more, I'll be buying a pair. Just wanted to pass on what I believed to be a good find. Thanks for the replies though. Cheers

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 09 Aug 2012 11:58

It's always nice to have some casual shoes that you can kick in. Unfortunately it's a bit difficult tell the angles and how it'd really play from the photos. My first pair of shoes I ever mod'd were Puma Frankencleids. I really loved them, but the suede material, sub-par toe box, and rolling inside made it extremely hard to be consistent. As soon as I switched to Lavers, it was night and day. BUT, throughout my years of playing, I always ventured to try different shoes and usually returned back to the lavers. Tried Gravis shoes, Climacools, Nike frees, G-units, etc... etc... , but can't beat some Lavers, that and there are about 50 flavors and available just about anywhere.

With that being said, I still like this thread and want to see potential shoes !
More C4 please <3

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 09 Aug 2012 11:58

It's always nice to have some casual shoes that you can kick in. Unfortunately it's a bit difficult tell the angles and how it'd really play from the photos. My first pair of shoes I ever mod'd were Puma Frankencleids. I really loved them, but the suede material, sub-par toe box, and rolling inside made it extremely hard to be consistent. As soon as I switched to Lavers, it was night and day. BUT, throughout my years of playing, I always ventured to try different shoes and usually returned back to the lavers. Tried Gravis shoes, Climacools, Nike frees, G-units, etc... etc... , but can't beat some Lavers, that and there are about 50 flavors and available just about anywhere.

With that being said, I still like this thread and want to see potential shoes !
More C4 please <3

ctravisc
Circle Kicker

Post by ctravisc » 10 Aug 2012 08:18

So I got these shoes the other day, and with some extensive modding, they could have some potential. But I'm not too fond of them anyway. So they're on the way back to Zappos, and I'll be ordering a pair of Lavers as soon as the store credit comes through. Thanks for the replies, guys.