Oldest Freestyle Competitor

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Kenar
Hack Fiend

Oldest Freestyle Competitor

Post by Kenar » 04 Feb 2013 22:50

I'm claiming the title of World's Oldest Freestyle Footbag Competitor. I competed in the Intermediate Freestyle and Intermediate Circle Events last Summer (2012) in Portland at the US Open Freestyle Footbag tournament at the ripe old age of 65. I'm planning on competing again this year at the Open. I'm interested in knowing if there is anyone older than me still competing. (I started freestyling when I turned 60 after casual circle kicking for many years.) My routines are pretty simple, one add and two add, but it is great exercise and fun to be part of this sport.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Oldest Freestyle Competitor

Post by C-Fan » 05 Feb 2013 06:24

Hacky sack Jack may be older than you. And he's getting good results too...he won intermediate doubles a couple years ago.

Kenar
Hack Fiend

Post by Kenar » 05 Feb 2013 18:10

That's cool. Does anyone know how old he is??

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 07 Feb 2013 14:57

Pretty sure he's like, uh, a hundred years old or so.

Sorry Ken, guess you'll have to take pride in being the second oldest footbag competitor.

Kenar
Hack Fiend

Post by Kenar » 07 Feb 2013 15:20

Wow, I bow to the master. Do you know of anyone else over 60 who is competing? By the way, where does he live?

I keep trying to get some of my friends into footbag, but they're not buying it.

Hope to see you in Seattle!!

Ken

Kenar
Hack Fiend

Post by Kenar » 07 Feb 2013 23:29

Ken -- are you talking about Jack Lenz ( I found his alias as hackysackjack on the World Footbag site)? If so, it looks like he is a Footbag Net player, not Freestyler. If so .....

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 11 Feb 2013 16:12

Jack can do everything ;). Not sure if he competed at worlds 2010 in freestyle, but he can shred for sure!

Kenar
Hack Fiend

Post by Kenar » 17 Feb 2013 21:24

I just heard from Jack. He says he is 64 and competes in Net, but not Freestyle anymore, however he still shreds for fun. Being as he is a Footbag Hall of Famer, I am in awe of him and his accomplishments, however, me being 65 and competing in the 2012 US Open Intermediate Freestyle and Circle events, I still claim to be the Oldest competing freestyler (but not the best in my age group, by any means -- however I am constantly improving, but very slowly).

I'm curious to know if there are any other people who kick out there who are older than 60. I know of a couple of friends of Sunny Dawne's that may fit the bill, but don't know of any others.