Ouch

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Allan

Ouch

Post by Allan » 16 Aug 2014 13:26

Parents of Dylan Dillard, know this and move along: Your son tripled and hit a grand slam on Friday in the National Baseball Congress World Series and his Derby Twins won 12-5.

Those six stitches above his left eye? He caught a cleat sliding into second base a week ago. He’s fine. Now stop reading.

The real story: Dillard caught a cleat over his eye while playing hacky sack with his teammates before a game at Hays. He missed the game and manager David Allbritton banned cleats during the ritual of kicking a footbag around in a circle.

“If it gets out in the news, I want my parents to know that it was a double, not a hacky-sack injury,” Dillard said. “The story is the double. My dad will just call me an idiot and I’d rather him not know.”

Mr. Dillard, relax. Your son can still hit.

Dillard, who plays left field, went 3 for 4, scored twice and drove in five runs in the win over Jasper (Ind.). Dillard led the Jayhawk League with 10 home runs in 31 league games and Friday he hit the NBC’s first grand slam since 2010.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/other-spor ... rylink=cpy

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Re: Ouch

Post by Jeremy » 17 Aug 2014 15:24

I still have a scar above one of my eyes from getting kicked shortly after I started playing footbag. I didn't need stitches though. It gave me good rep because we'd played an inter-college football game just before and a lot of people thought having half my face covered in blood was a result of that, rather than going for a low neck stall at the same time as somebody went for a kick.

PrunusAberration
Shredaholic

Re: Ouch

Post by PrunusAberration » 18 Aug 2014 08:12

I don't think anyone from my group of friends has drew blood over those neck stalls, but it was probably close enough to splitting skin.