Idea: Blacklight bag.

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
AdAstra
Multidex Master

Idea: Blacklight bag.

Post by AdAstra » 29 Aug 2015 14:27

I think it'd be cool to have a bag that is white or whatever and glows well underneath a black light. That would make for a really cool video. Does any such thing exist?
Austin
Lexington, KY, USA, Pale Blue Dot

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Re: Idea: Blacklight bag.

Post by Kylescook » 30 Aug 2015 06:40

They do make a bag that is white with a battery powered LED inside. They look cool but are tough to play with. I believe Nick Landes is working on one that doesn't suck, but no ETA as of yet. Here is a video from Honza with what's available now.
Part one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sjtPhj-klk
Part two https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUZuF4YHZik
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 30 Aug 2015 13:19

There is one dance club in Toronto with a bunch of black lights. A friend of mine dyed one of my bags with glow in the dark dye. It actually shreds quite well under the UV lights. It would be really difficult to shred a regular bag under those lighting conditions. Unfortunately video is not allowed in that venue and most people don't have black lights kicking around.

Definitely a fun concept!

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 30 Aug 2015 17:14

Cass wrote:There is one dance club in Toronto with a bunch of black lights. A friend of mine dyed one of my bags with glow in the dark dye. It actually shreds quite well under the UV lights. It would be really difficult to shred a regular bag under those lighting conditions. Unfortunately video is not allowed in that venue and most people don't have black lights kicking around.

Definitely a fun concept!
I've never thought of using uv reactive dye, good idea.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges