Kankeri Japan

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Muffinman
the gimp

Re: Kankeri Japan

Post by Muffinman » 02 Mar 2018 23:44

boyle wrote:
02 Mar 2018 20:40
Does Kenzo still play?
Exactly my reaction, but with more question marks!!!
I'd love to race to the vortex > mobius BSOS, but I'm still taking it easy after my latest injury... I've BSed the link, but never BSOS. One of the best feeling combos I've ever hit I think. Feels amazing! Actually I want to try my own flip pixie challenge too :lol:

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 03 Mar 2018 10:45

Kenzo, sadly, does not play anymore. Him, Adam, and Henmo all seem to have stopped. Life got in the way. However, I make sure to send them clips from time to time and ask them if they are kicking, with the hopes that this will keep it in their minds and hopefully they will not stop thinking about it all together. That being said, they are down to kick whenever I head to Japan, so that is good. I feel like I was the glue holding all of us together; When I took off to NZ they seemed to slow down, and then eventually stop.

Having someone to try that combo with would be good motivation. If I haven't hit hit by the time you get over your injury I am keen to do that. Daniel is of course welcome to join too.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 03 Mar 2018 19:38

Yes, I will try, but I'm a looooooonnnggg way off on flip mobius. Everything else is probably ok. So I will work on that for a while. I do similar things, every time I'm in a city I will get in touch with an old player and say, hey do you want to have a kick? And they pretty much always say no, but it can just jog the memory, get them thinking about it and every once in a while they might say, yeah ok.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 Mar 2018 12:19

Yeah, me too, my old crew/students (Manna Mpepo, Andrew Grant, Derek Vandall) fell apart when I left Winnipeg :( But they usually down to play when I visit, though Andrew has now moved away also.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 24 Mar 2018 01:24

Muffinman wrote:
07 Mar 2018 12:19
Yeah, me too, my old crew/students (Manna Mpepo, Andrew Grant, Derek Vandall) fell apart when I left Winnipeg :( But they usually down to play when I visit, though Andrew has now moved away also.
I guess that is just the way things turn out for some of us. I posted a video in the vids section, but just to increase the points people can see it, I will post it here too.

TJ Boutorwick

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 16 Apr 2018 07:53

Nice shuffle at the end there. Your style is so slow motion. Crazy. Also, great juggling! I can juggle both sides but can't do that transition between them very well

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 22 Apr 2018 08:04

Sweet foot juggling! Also watching your gyros/spins for educational purposes.
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 01 May 2019 01:38

So, as of nine weeks ago I have been working as a learning adviser. I have changed my kicking schedule to three days a week, approximately 30-60 mins each time. Additionally, most weeks we have hack on the weekends. Life is good.
TJ Boutorwick

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 07 May 2019 00:35

Sounds like you are playing a lot! I want more video!

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 25 May 2019 15:47

Asmus wrote:
07 May 2019 00:35
Sounds like you are playing a lot! I want more video!
Here you go!

TJ Boutorwick

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 28 May 2019 14:50

That first run be like zooooooOOooom:

Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 01 Jun 2019 00:30

Thanks Rory! Good to hear from you. Do you still kick? I wish I could find those vids of you dancing.
TJ Boutorwick

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 01 Jun 2019 20:59

I am still kicking! My goto session bag is the multicolored one that I bought from you in Tokyo. It broke in to be LARGE and in CHARGE. Maybe next session I will try some zooming too.

Is this the dancing video that you were looking for? https://vimeo.com/183872277
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 02 Jun 2019 03:21

SlashC wrote:
01 Jun 2019 20:59
I am still kicking! My goto session bag is the multicolored one that I bought from you in Tokyo. It broke in to be LARGE and in CHARGE.
Sweet! Glad that the bag is still holding out.
SlashC wrote:
Maybe next session I will try some zooming too.
Looking forward to seeing video of it. Let's get into the habit of looking directly at the camera for every zoom we do.
SlashC wrote:
Is this the dancing video that you were looking for? https://vimeo.com/183872277
That is the exact video I was thinking of! Thanks! Maya said you pass because of the Canada #1 sign.
TJ Boutorwick

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 18 Jul 2019 06:54

Great to see video. Your style is as smooth as ever!

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 27 Jul 2019 14:13

Muffinman wrote:
18 Jul 2019 06:54
Great to see video. Your style is as smooth as ever!
Thanks! I want to start putting out more vids for sure. Once Dan and I officially take over the forums I may be more likely to get in the groove. Hopefully the takeover happens within the next week. I think I am the bottleneck now as I am installing things and prepping my server. It likely won't go as smoothly as I would like, but we will get there in the end.

Still kicking 3 days a week, sometimes hack with the crew on Sundays. I have started getting requirements together so that I can start a footbag club at uni. The thing holding me back is that I need 20 students to sign up. I have about 14 now and will see a bunch of people I know on Tuesday so that should get me 20. I believe some perks of having a club include allocated space at the rec centre. While this isn't a big deal on its own considering I have a lot of places to play, it will be good in terms of promotion and also when the crew wants a place to kick. I think the other perk, perhaps the bigger perk, is that I may be able to secure funds to travel to tournaments (if I read the information correctly)! That would be incredible to get funded every year to go to Worlds.
TJ Boutorwick

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 27 Jul 2019 19:56

I did a uni club when I was in the undergrad. Getting those 20 numbers was a bit of a difficulty. Do they need to be paying members? I think once you are up above 10 it shouldn't be too difficult. Also if you bribe them with a beer to get over the line. That would be great if they can give you some funding to go to Worlds too. It wouldn't surprise me if they would only give you part funding for a small club, but it's always worth applying, especially once you've had some success already.

What's your position at the uni now? Will you be staying at that uni for a while? Because if you get the club set up and then it can grow a bit more.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 28 Jul 2019 01:38

boyle wrote:
27 Jul 2019 19:56
I did a uni club when I was in the undergrad. Getting those 20 numbers was a bit of a difficulty. Do they need to be paying members?

What's your position at the uni now? Will you be staying at that uni for a while? Because if you get the club set up and then it can grow a bit more.
No, they don't need to be paying. I don't think they have to be involved at all, just on paper.

I am a learning adviser at uni. The position is permanent so I will be here for a while.
TJ Boutorwick

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 28 Jul 2019 02:09

If they don't need to pay, then it should be very easy. You can just get random people to get their name on the list, as long as they fit the student criteria or whatever it is. It would be cool if you could get a few more people playing at the uni too.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 28 Jul 2019 23:39

boyle wrote:
28 Jul 2019 02:09
If they don't need to pay, then it should be very easy. You can just get random people to get their name on the list, as long as they fit the student criteria or whatever it is. It would be cool if you could get a few more people playing at the uni too.
yes and yes. I will see a bunch of people I know on Wednesday, so will hopefully get the remaining names then. I hope this is just the start of getting more people to get into the sport!
TJ Boutorwick