Mathieu

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Muffinman
the gimp

Re: Mathieu

Post by Muffinman » 08 Aug 2019 08:36

randomcrayon wrote:
06 Aug 2019 23:35
Dope shred as always. But damn, fucking butterfly>pdx torque bsos!! 8O And that last run was epic.
Agreed. Also enjoy the bothsided pixie/fairy overall. Great stuff!

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 08 Aug 2019 14:28

Shred with bag brothers today in wroclaw. Crazy stuff. Did not play for almost a week and felt gooood. Arek and rafal are just so good. But I stood up to a very good level! Very inspiring session. Need to practice rafal's tip for furious. Set more under myself then clipper side if that makes sense
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 20 Aug 2019 05:40

Us open was fun
Played friday with almost everyone.
Played saturday all day warming up/competing. Competition did not turn out good for routines. Worst drop ever for me where the bag flew away and made me loose too much. Really killed the vibe. Plus dropping last trick. A lot of deception. But talking to Lon helped. He has a good philosophy and told me to just be glad to be able to.kick. guess he's right. I played until 1:30am in the noght saturday to sunday. Last one to keep playing under light showers. It was fun.

I was hurt during the day. I dont think it affected my performances but the more I played the more it hurts. Sunday was not in the plans for me since I was with my daugther, but I wojld have been unable.to play, walking itself was killing my toes on right foot. Never had this, probably a bad landing. Things are feeling better today after ice and rest for 2 days but not 100% yet. Will try to play today at lunch and see.

Next time I want to win a comp (routine) i will be sure to be 100% prepared and not shred the day before. Also maybe not compete circle of they overlap, I'm getting old! It was hard warm up cool down 3 times in a couple hours, defenetly killed me. Good job to Taishi for handling this pressure.

Still got to make video of my shred with bag brothers, but I already sorted the footage so it should be in the coming week or two!

Us open was an amazing experience, so many players it was a great party.
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 20 Aug 2019 11:48

Landing on right foot hurts still. I can do toe.stuff or transfer weight like drifter fine. But butterfly or whirl type of tricks where I land on my toes is a pain :( had a littlefield themed session and ended going for 50 drifter. Tied my record at 41. Im decided to do more abs at home nd try to get better physical shape to help my progress that feels on hold for too long.
Mathieu Gauthier

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 27 Aug 2019 06:24

41 is so many. What's the world record? Do you have it?

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 27 Aug 2019 06:58

The world record is way above my hands. I think Jim broke 70 and polish guy maybe 70-100 range I forgot

I lost my footage with bag brothers got ransomware that encrypted all my data. Serves me right for pirating sony vegas pro from piratebay :(
Mathieu Gauthier

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 27 Aug 2019 20:00

Muffinman wrote:
27 Aug 2019 06:24
41 is so many. What's the world record? Do you have it?
A while back Jim and I posted some footage of us trying for as many as we could. He wanted to go for 100, although I am not sure if he had done so. I know I haven't yet...
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 29 Aug 2019 11:41

50 drifters in a row
Check!
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 02 Sep 2019 09:12

Flip barfly: open my hip.more and do dex outside my body knstead of front. I was closing my hip before just realised it helps so much
Mathieu Gauthier

randomcrayon
Shredaholic

Post by randomcrayon » 03 Sep 2019 19:37

acxel22 wrote:
29 Aug 2019 11:41
50 drifters in a row
Check!
Boom!

Way to overcome those overwhelming odds that Rory calculated :lol:
Ben Barrows

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 06 Sep 2019 09:03

Still on bucket list
Mobius b2b

Void b2b

20 ripwalks
Mathieu Gauthier

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 06 Sep 2019 15:29

acxel22 wrote:
06 Sep 2019 09:03
Still on bucket list
Mobius b2b

Void b2b

20 ripwalks
Maybe these two videos will help :)

Start at 0:41

TJ Boutorwick

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 06 Sep 2019 17:03

haha thanks, I've footed mob b2b like 9 years ago and never really messed with it since.

void b2b is something I can do, just need to get into void a little more, with a good strong one, I can definitely get flip
Mathieu Gauthier

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 06 Sep 2019 18:05

Yeah I am sure you can do them. I can't believe it has been that long (about a decade) since those two vids were made. I have tried both combos recently without success, but like you said, with a bit of grinding I could knock them out. I would like to hit:

vortex > mobius > rpt.
TJ Boutorwick

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 07 Sep 2019 21:18

Congrats on 50 drifters, that's a whole lot. I think the ripwalks are totally achievable for you. Not sure of my record for ripwalks, might have to give 20 a try, I think my record is probably around that.

That vortex>mobius is a really cool combo. Don't think I could ever get the repeat, but I've hit the link a few times and it's good fun.

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 15 Sep 2019 15:54

today I got closer to a dream trick, got fairy spinning dyno, just missing one dex for fairy motion sickness!
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 19 Nov 2019 20:18

meh not much footbag in the past 2 months, pretty busy, winter time arriving means no outdoor sess, those where happening during lunch break.

I have shred spots for evenings, but just lacking time, I got one night I can do sports, but I started playing in a deck hockey league, having a blast since it's not a serious league but rather a enjoy yourself league with no one yelling and screaming trying to win desperatly.
We lost our first 7 games, tonight was a moral victory with a tie, and I got the tie breaking goal :D

I had the chance to play with Dante 2 weeks ago, that was killer, he's so good and I felt so weak on my game, but it was a lot of fun, especially that I never get to play with anyone!

I'm keeping hope of finding some time for shred, it will happen eventually :)
Mathieu Gauthier

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 01 Jan 2020 22:23

It will happen for sure. You da man.
TJ Boutorwick

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 23 May 2020 11:24

wow did not write much here for a while, winter was cold to me and did not have enough shred

I am hosting a routine comp online, curious to see how that goes, 1 week left for players to send entries, I'm hoping for more, especially top level players, I keep trying to push them to submit, many have said they would, but you know.. footbag is footbag.

On my side I am very happy about what I hit for this comp, and curious to see how it will place, the sad part is I got injured the day after and did not play for over a week now :( This is very frustrating with worlds entries coming up, and for now I am on the bench, without the opportunity to film anything. I was very excited to try to shine in routines at online worlds, but for now I must hope to heal fast.

My left ankle will be the death of me one day :(
Mathieu Gauthier

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Routine > Poutine

Post by C-Fan » 23 May 2020 20:58

acxel22 wrote:
23 May 2020 11:24

I am hosting a routine comp online, curious to see how that goes, 1 week left for players to send entries, I'm hoping for more,
First off, props for hosting this comp. I was super excited about it when I first saw it, but the announcement of Worlds definitely complicates things, at least for me. Like, if I only have time to make one good routine, then I'm submitting it to Worlds. And if I miraculously had time to make 2 good routines...I'd probably also keep the second one for Finals of Worlds. So I'm in the boat now where I'd probably only be able to submit a routine to your comp if I somehow were able to make 3 good routines, which for me at least is completely impossible.
acxel22 wrote:
23 May 2020 11:24
the sad part is I got injured the day after and did not play for over a week now :( This is very frustrating with worlds entries coming up, ... was very excited to try to shine in routines at online worlds, but for now I must hope to heal fast.
Yikes that's awful timing. 8O If I were in your position, my strategy would be:

:arrow: Don't play footbag at all until a week before the first round of routines are due.
:arrow: Spend that time choreographing a routine in my head, ideally something that emphasizes artistic over technical
:arrow: Film a routine that's dropless and artistic, but also easy and low-injury risk.
:arrow: Immediately get back to resting until a week before routine finals
:arrow: Hope the ankle heals by then, then push to get as strong a routine as you can on tape without getting injured.

Fingers crossed for you!