Jericho

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Jericho

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 18 Nov 2004 19:06

Hey, I'm Jericho Cruzado, I'm 15 and have taken up freestyle footbag since the beginning of March..... I started circle kicking which sucked because I felt somehting was missing. Then, one day , a cold, rainy day, thunder sturck my modem and it sent my computer to footbag.org. Just as I finished reading the first page, my modem got scrwed up again and went to modified.ca

No, I'm just screwing with you. But the cricle kicking thing is real. Then I found freestyle. Ever since, I go about 5-8 hours a week if possible outside to shred, practice and beat the crap out of my lower body....

Maybe next year i'll be able to be a Tiltless :?

Or maybe when they find a cure for cancer......

Crappy, cold day.... damn i could only nail three jester in a row and two reverse mirages.... working on my clipper stalls..... can't nail more then three at a time.... need help..mmmm :?

by the way, yes I HAVE edited this too many times.......
Last edited by LittleBoy footbag on 31 Jan 2006 16:50, edited 10 times in total.

rye
Shredalicious

Post by rye » 18 Nov 2004 19:44

im still new to this, but practice just catching it on both feet in the clipper position, just catch it, it'll help a lot

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 19 Nov 2004 12:03

Thanks man.... yeh... i've been doing that for a while but still need to do it more so i can actually catch it in a string..... even then.... my stalls suck as it is when I catch it after kicking.... like... i try to inside stall it after some kicks but it always slips off... maybe lavers will help (Of Course....):?

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 19 Nov 2004 15:18

11-19-04

Slow day at school... my teachers were subs that was nice and one of them was my favorite.... a gun scare made our lunchtime hack sessions questionable but fortunately, I was able to get some of my friends to go with me... i hope they go serious about footbag too.... what sucks was that one of my friends was kicking and it happened to go to a black dude... Not to be racist but this guy had G-unit all over him... maybe he was the one with the gun... lol.. anyways, he was a total jack-off and was like, "Yo, motherF^*k#r! Hit me again with that ball!" So many things I wanted to say then but I was afraid that a racial slur that was uttered would turn into a gang war.... HA! These guys can't even do shit but he got a hold of our bags and threw them into the garbage..... if I could just show him up.... oh, well.....

When I got home, I was ready to go. I spent a couple hours @ modified and then went out to my front yard around 4:30pm EST. I came back maybe 5:45 b/c my ass, shin and sole was sore as crap.... it's gonna be worse tommorow I can tell... this morning I woke up with a huge ass sore and I could barely walk to my bus..... that sucks... maybe Tylenol(TM) would help...... I gotta work on my clipper stalls, incorporate my inside, outside and toe stalls into my kicks and maybe get to juggle by the end of June of next year. HA! Bullshit! I can't even hit a butterfly and I'm already trying to juggle. Oh, well, one step at a time i guess... :?

lightningbolt
Nothing Vulgar

Post by lightningbolt » 19 Nov 2004 15:37

For clippers transfer the bag from toe>clipper as long as you can. BOTH SIDES! Once, you get decent work on transfering it from clipper>clipper. Then start ducking the clipper. That worked for me. Just droping the bag onto my foot didn't work because I couldn't string.

Keep up the good work, yo. <--- I dunno what that yo was about. It just seem to fit.
I think I going to take over Canada. You should help.
Get Firefox!

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 20 Nov 2004 16:02

Holy crap... thanks to Melissa's tip on toe stall to clipper stall, I was able to pull of like 2 in a row!! A significant improvement from yesterday's 0!

Thanks to all the tip people who tip me off on tips.... :?

Anyways... still trying to get solid clipper stalls. I try to transfer from inside to clipper, then toe to outside to sole.... only did that once though.... didn't shred today maybe that's why..... I'm thinking too much anyway about making my own bags it's consuming me and my thoguhts on freestyle.....DAMN! But good too in a certain way...:?

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 22 Nov 2004 16:46

It was cold as crap and i didn't get much action today on footbag... I don't know why.... maybe i'll shred in thanksgiving.... :? I did hit SOME clipper stalls today but all the things that I want to do I just cant link together for some reason..... Anyways, I did get s nice stall thing going on at school. That was nice that's about it... Just getting solid tricks that I've been looking at at the end of the year are my only concern.... Maybe get some combos going but no impressive strings yet :?

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 22 Nov 2004 18:09

I had a lot of trouble getting clipper too, my thing was I wasn't bending my support knee enough, I don't know if that might be the case for you, but more me it made them easy.

Also... Lavers help like a mother fucker. Keep that in mind.

Try starting up a club with some of your friends at school, I did and we got ASB funding and I was able to buy everyone matching bags.

Good luck.

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 25 Nov 2004 06:34

Hey, it's American Thanksgiving that day of food and foo.........tbag... Its morning so i'll plan to get decent stuff down today despite the cold

:?

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 25 Nov 2004 09:22

Jericho,

Don't forget the big shred this Sunday in Somerville. "Strung-Out Beading and Wiring", 81 West Main Street, Somerville, NJ 08876. Lots of good kickers, people to learn from, to have fun with, to show off to, etc.

Hit me on the cell phone: 908-872-6707.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 27 Nov 2004 14:56

I feel like shit. Outsider invited me to his shred party thing @ strung-out-beads and wiring but my schedule's fucked up.... i got projects, essays and all this crap before winter vacation...... Damn.....

On a brighter note, I was able to get some stuff down today before the weather got severe. I actually, without trying but for the sake of not dropping the bag, performed a rake... kick ass..... i think it was xbd but i don't even care. my new trick high's got me hamemred. Before the weather got any windier, I actually did a crappy little string that makes me feel like Vasek... HA! NO treally but you get the picture:

toe stall>cliper stall> toe> indside stall>toe>outside>sole>outside>rake (XBD? i don't know)

I really suck though at writing that stuff. But if you can imagine all this stuff, that's probaably what I did.... gotta work on:

Clipper Stall
Sole Delays
Pinchers
Rakes
and combining all this into a weak and crappy unimpressive string..... before tomorrow.... or next June...

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 27 Nov 2004 18:07

Good job with the string man... also, if I were you I would work on my ATW's and Pixies and such before I got into Sole delays, pinchers, and rakes. Once you learn ATW you can do pretty much any dexing move so it is a lot more versityle then say a rake. Deffenatly keep working on your clippers though because they are important. Again great job with the string...
Dustin Rhodes

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 27 Nov 2004 18:15

That's cool, thanks for the tip. My problem with ATWs are that my leg just isn't fast enough to go around. I tend to overwork or pull something and my ass hurts the next day. Maybe I'm doing it wrong... just need more help....
Thanks again! :)

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 27 Nov 2004 18:52

yeh I know what your talking about, for a while I just could not do an ATW... if you just keep trying you'll eventually get faster though... trying it without shoes on helps I think. Also, you might be doing your dexes vertically (up down) instead of horizantaly (more side to side) which I think are easier...
Dustin Rhodes

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 28 Nov 2004 14:38

I took crazydwarf's tip and ATTEMPTED to do ATWs for forty-five minutes. I couldn't hit shit today. It was windy and all my bags were flying everywhere. I would kick up with an inside and try to toe stall it but it would land on my shoulders. It was so bad I couldn't do shit today. And the string yesterday? Snapped in half. I couldn't even get five rakes today. I prolly got only about three or four at most. Now my ass bone hurts like a mother and I still can't do ATWs. thatmirage and illusion seems hundreds of miles farther down now. DAMN.

:|

Does anyone have helpful tips? I even do excercises. I can go around the bag most times but I can't stop my leg fast enough to catch and stall the bag. HELP! 8O

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 28 Nov 2004 19:23

Perhaps as you complete your atw, you have to do a toe delay right, so bend your support leg to make the catch. remember set the bag high enough,and you have plenty of time.
Anthony Hagen

Buy O'wheel Bags, he is the man, trust me.

"It is none of my business what other people think.

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 29 Nov 2004 12:58

Great lunch today. I didn't eat so I just went outside and shredded for about 40 minutes. I didn't get ATW (I'll work on that now) but however, I DID manage to get a small 1-2 add string going on:

outside stall>rake>toe stall>inside stall>toe stall>outside stall>sole delay

My routines suck and are repetitive but I guess that will improve no?

:? :|

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 29 Nov 2004 15:15

If you keep drilling the basics they will and quickly.
Anthony Hagen

Buy O'wheel Bags, he is the man, trust me.

"It is none of my business what other people think.

dazza
Flower Child

Post by dazza » 30 Nov 2004 14:34

Oh boy atw is a tough one indeed, so i hope these tips might
help you to get it down faster :
Work hard on your toe stalls, consecutive and alternating !
Why ? Cuz one of the major difficulties with that move,
or almost any other move imo, is a clean, fast set.
Toe stalls teach you to get the bag up straight and kinda
close to your body, and thats key.
Atws arent really about velocity, but more about timing ;
1. set the bag up straight
2. "stop" the upward motion of your foot at knee height
3. As soon the bag leaves your foot, dex the bag horizontally,
with your calf. If you do it vertically, it seems easier but its
very easy to "the"
4. Stall the bag
5. Brag :D

oh, yeah work on both dexes (in/out; out /in) on both sides !!!
PS:
i guessed that you choose your sig, so that people think about
it, but if its not too much trouble, pm me YOUR thoughts on
the why's and how's, cuz i dont want to misjudge eventually
nice people, because i do not understand them :wink:

d-man
EASYKINKI

Shredster
Flower Child

Post by Shredster » 30 Nov 2004 15:12

Some good drills that are good in the future when you get better:

Mirage > pixie (rpt)