g$

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
gMoney
Think Pink

g$

Post by gMoney » 14 Sep 2006 19:49

This has been updated a little to keep current.

Ok my name is Grant, the first time I ever played "hacky sack" was in 4th grade during recess. I never really stopped circle kicking until the summer of 2006, so I've been circle kicking for like what.... 5-6 years now?

Here's some random facts about me.
-My name is Grant Mooney, hence the name "gmoney"
-I'm 16 years old
-I live out in the middle of nowhere, IL
-I have somewhat of a monotone when I speak.
-My favorite color is pink. I still don't understand why it's considered "femenine."
-My favorite band is the Smashing Pumpkins.
-I'm 6'4" and weigh about 170.
-I have no idea what I want to do when I grow up.
-I also like playing guitar and singing.
Last edited by gMoney on 27 Jul 2008 22:40, edited 14 times in total.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

hackeysnacker

Post by hackeysnacker » 14 Sep 2006 20:04

The point of these goals is to kind of overpractice the basics, so that I don't have to struggle doing harder moves.
that's good thinking

what area of Illinois are you from?

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 14 Sep 2006 21:41

I love reading about new players who are disciplined :) Keep that attitude and you can go far, shred on :)

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

Not-so-ripped Warrior
Fearless

Post by Not-so-ripped Warrior » 15 Sep 2006 08:00

Yeah dude, whereabouts in Illinois are you from? Anywhere near Champaign, hmm??

I respect the fact that you're determined to really school your basics before moving on. It took me WAY too long to figure that out. Keep it up!
-Eric Siegel: The man, the myth, the legend

Words of Wisdom from Rockey:
"hittin' ripped warrior bsos: that's a paddlin';
hittin' stepping diving whirl: that's a paddlin;
hittin' montage: you better believe that's a paddlin'"

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 15 Sep 2006 12:19

yeah i kinda knew i needed to practice more, so i set those goals up and have been practicing every day. i'm from sugar grove illinois, its pretty much surrounded by cornfields here except for some small parts of the town. its kinda close to dekalb, and i just moved here 2 years ago from warrenville, which is close to wheaton and naperville
Last edited by gMoney on 24 Nov 2006 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 15 Sep 2006 12:59

good idea

nice avatar :lol:
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 03 Nov 2006 16:55

finished the ATW goal a couple weeks ago. i also just finished the tubing mod. i only did it on my toe, and just skipped the inside mod because i dont really have any problem with roll-off. its been working great because theres so much more room for a stall. im about halfway done with my clipper goal (got like 9 bsos clippers). ha i even managed to get 3 of my friends hooked on footbagging (one of them is even a girl, do you believe that?) ive been practicing hard and dramatically improve after every session. ive also been working on tricks like as legovers, mirages, hop-overs and other tricks, and managed to get the hang of each trick in a matter of a couple minutes.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

sniper4life
Multidex Master

Post by sniper4life » 05 Nov 2006 14:15

Dude that's awesome. Nice job on the improvement too. I still say we need to shred sometime. You are pretty dang close to us, and I'm starting to get better. Some people around here need some more motivation :D

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 22 Nov 2006 19:39

adding a couple new goals to the list.
20 Same Side Clippers (each foot)
20 BSOS (Outside-In) Legovers
20 Mirages (both feet)
20 BSOS Butterflies
10 BSOS Osis
5 Paradox Mirages (both sides)
10 Symposium Mirages (both feet)
this list looks kinda formal, but thats because i copied and pasted it right from my myspace blog :)
almost done with my BSOS clipper goal, got 19/20. i was so pissed when i didnt get that last one :evil: ive also been working on my clipper form, which has been taking a lot of work to perfect. i'm starting a club out in sugar grove for anyone interested that lives in that area (ack-hem, sniper4life...) but since winter is soon to be upon us, the shredding will have to wait until it gets warmer. i got a website for the club, but its run by an ftp server, i have like no idea how to work it :? im gunna register the club on footbag.org soon.
uh what else.. i hit my first clean osis yesterday, no swooping motion, just straight up and down. it was hard to learn, and i really had to work on ankle flexibility, but i think i've got them down now.
also, for christmas, instead of asking for video games and such as i did in the past, im gunna ask for a 32 panel abshire, new lavers, and shred mats from this place.
http://www.getrung.com/
and one more thing before i click submit, i really need to work on string stamina... each string i do when i'm actually freestyling instead of working on my goals is like 5 tricks long if i'm lucky. so that's also kind of a goal in its own way. l8er
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

sniper4life
Multidex Master

Post by sniper4life » 23 Nov 2006 12:28

Those are some nice goals, I'm sure most people I play with around here would love to be in a club. That'd be sweet. Have you thought at all about attending NYJ?? It should be awesome. Jorden Moir is coming too :D

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 23 Nov 2006 17:57

read about it and it sounds awesome, but im gunna be in new york :? lol my sister lives there and we're going up there for christmas and staying up there for new years :roll: figures...
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 24 Nov 2006 18:21

hit my first 4 add move today: the dada curve.

edit: nope, I definately hit it :P
Last edited by gMoney on 28 Oct 2007 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

sniper4life
Multidex Master

Post by sniper4life » 25 Nov 2006 19:36

Oh well maybe you can go next year or w/e. Thats sweet hitting your first 4 add. That was my first 4 too, and it felt amazing the first time knowing that I had hit a 4 add.

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 25 Feb 2007 19:22

haven't shredded in like 2 months.. it's sooo hard getting back into it. especially not being able to do what i used to do. it's frustrating, but i'm working at it.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 05 May 2007 13:24

ok started playing again awhile back but track has had my legs in too much pain to play. the season's almost over and i'm starting to shred again, i'm pretty much working on basic kicks and stalls trying to work on proper form instead of the "see how long you can keep it up while running all across the yard" game. i'm sure someone knows what i'm talking about. and thanks to track, i'm not dying from exhaustion.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 01 Jun 2007 16:47

Today I had the best shred session I've ever had. The ironic part is I was only practicing basic drills. My feet were fried. They weren't in pain, they were just very badly fatigued. I was working on inside stalls, and I could get about 10 and my legs just couldn't keep up. I pretty much lost coordination, and on some occasions, I completely missed the bag. But I figured that if I couldn't work through it I could never be a great shredder, so I set a goal not to finish my session without getting at least 50 stalls in. So I kept on working at it, and after about an hour I reached my goal. Afterwords, it was raining out so I went and stood out in the rain to cool off cuz I was sweating bullets. Very large bullets. It wasn't that great of a feat, I'm sure anybody can easily do 50 inside stalls, but I made my mind up that I wanted to get better at footbag, no matter what.

Oh yeah, and today was the last day of school for me! Woooo!
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 02 Jun 2007 20:51

Today was pretty awesome. Yesterday completely changed how I viewed footbag. I started off at around 6:30, practicing inside stalls. Then Godzilla with Matthew Broderic came on and I watched that while practicing. I got 75 insides and then just barely missed catching it. Then, out of nowhere, I was like "I'm going to try to do a pixie." After a few attempts, I nailed it both sides. Then the rest of the time, I was practicing inside stalls, and I was getting around 20ish because my legs were tired. I wanted to stop, but I just couldn't. Then out of nowhere, I got 100 inside stalls and completed it with a catch. Tomorrow's definately going to be a resting day since my legs are beat. I'm starting to be more of a serious freestyler now, unlike I was before. Starting again from the beginning definately helped a shitload.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 04 Jun 2007 07:45

Awesome man. Ride the wave, enjoy the progress. The human brain and body learn best from repetition so drills are great. 75 inside stalls is no joke! I've probably hit 30 at most.

Keep it up. Now that school's out you have tons of time to play (even if you have a 40-hr a week job or some other commitment). Make use of the time and ENJOY it. Hope to see some more highlights in here in the coming weeks :)

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 04 Jun 2007 08:16

Thanks Ben, I appreciate the encouragement :D . Forgot to mention, I bought a FootFighter a few weeks ago, and it's been awesome. So much better than my old Mr. Sandbag. I had an off-day yesterday to rest my sore legs, and I did like sit ups and stuff. Now my legs are fine but my stomach's sore :? So now I'm going to go outside and work on SS clippers and my tan because at this time next week I'm going to be in the caribbean :D

Edit: Ok fuck the outside part, I just went out there and it's all dark and cloudy, and is probably going to rain in the next hour. Damn it :evil:
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 05 Jun 2007 14:20

Sweet, just now, in my basement, I hit a pixie legover, both sides :P Gunna go back down and practice some more, on SS clippers.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge